main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

As The Galaxy Hangs (Sequel to Before The Duel, Vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by YT-Website, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YT-Website

YT-Website Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    As The Galaxy Hangs takes place right after Before The Duel, and depicts Obi-Wan's reaction to Vader.

I named it this, because if Obi-Wan can avoid the conflict, the destiny of the galaxy would be forvever changed.

So read this, while the galaxy hangs on edge, waiting for the result.

The silhouetted figure stood still as he exited the room.

When Obi-Wan left the small hut, he noticed the planet he was on was a charcoal black planet. Or was I in a cave? Obi-Wan made his approach, climbing the slight mound. He noticed the molten red substance that could be lava, or acid. I never did good in that class, he thought to himself. He hated it when his jokes didn't accomplish their tasks, and this didn't.

He also noticed, to his dismay, that the figure was cloaked in black. Obi-Wan was caught in a tumult of feelings, ones of grief and ones of joy. Anakin is back, he thought. Anakin is no more, he repeated to himself, all that is left is Vader.

"Master!" the silhouetted figure called. He was still the young Padawan Obi-Wan had know. No, he told himself, space help me, it?s Vader!

"Master!" he called again, his blue eyes flashing, "I thought I might never see you again!"

"The events before this suggested that might happen." Obi-Wan said grimly. He had finished climbing the mound and stood less than a foot away from his former Padawan, and friend.

"I must admit, Master, those were less than friendly events." Vader said.
    "Truly." Obi was loosing his edge, the situation confused him, he had expected an aggressive opponent. I can?t let this conversation go, I have to... he drifted off. The galaxy is depending on me.

Then something Obi would never had suspected. He wasn?t prepared for this, and he almost fell over. Vader grabbed him, and hugged him tightly. "Master... I..." Vader drifted off. His eyes flashed, they turned a brown shade, Obi-Wan had no idea what was going on.

"Vader, I---" No! That?s it, there goes the conversation! Blast! He had included his carefully guarded thoughts, the events had caught him off guard.

Vader?s eyes flashed again. This time they stayed brown. "I must regret that I have to do this." He stated clearly, his voice seemingly louder than normal. "You will be defeated, like all the others before you."

No... he had done it this time. Kenobi noticed grimly that Vader had a red saber.

"But if anything," He smirked slightly, "You have taught me nobility; to an extent." Vader tossed Obi-Wan his lightsaber, his life.

Obi-Wan sensed regret as Vader slowly raised his saber.

He clicked his blade on adding a blue light to the ever present red glow of the planet. Things were not going his way.

This time the snap-hum was not a welcome sound.

2. YT-Website

Mar 20, 2002
  3. YT-Website

Mar 20, 2002
    Up!
    Up! Up!
    Up!

4. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Jaya_Jade_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002