main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends As Time Goes By - NJO AU (J/J, J/TK, A/T)- COMPLETED October 24 !!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by cheersweetie27, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Title: As Time Goes By
    Author(s): cheersweetie27
    Timeframe: NJO AU starting at end of Rebirth
    Characters: ensemble cast
    Genre: romance, angst
    Keywords: J/J, J/Tk, A/T
    Summary: Set during the Vong war and follows several characters through their experiences and romantic encounters.
    Notes: This is the first story I ever wrote and it is fairly long, so bare with me. When I originally posted this at ff.net it was pg-13, but I've tried to edit it down to a strong pg for this site. (Also, the ages listed here are the ages of each character when they enter the story, not necessarily their age when it starts.)

As Time Goes By

Dramatis Persona

Anakin Solo-male Jedi apprentice; 16
    Jaina Solo- female Jedi apprentice, pilot; 18
    Jacen Solo- male Jedi apprentice; 18
    Han Solo- male pilot; 56
    Leia Organa Solo- female diplomat; 47
    Luke Skywalker- male Jedi Master; 47
    Mara Jade Skywalker- female Jedi Master; 45
    Tahiri Veila- female Jedi apprentice; 14
    Tenel Ka Djo- female Jedi apprentice, Hapan princess; 19
    Kyp Durron- male Jedi Master; 32
    Zekk- male Jedi apprentice; 20
    Jagged Fel- male pilot; 20
    Cem Fel- male pilot; 16
    Wynssa Fel- female; 14
    Eryl Besa- female Jedi apprentice; 19
    Raynar Thul- male Jedi apprentice; 18
    Tekli- female Jedi apprentice, healer; 17
    Bela Hara- female Jedi apprentice; 20
    Krasov Hara- female Jedi apprentice; 20
    Tesar Sebatyn- male Jedi apprentice; 20
    Lowbacca- male Jedi apprentice; 23
    Alema Rar- female Jedi apprentice; 18
    Ulaha Kore- female Jedi apprentice; 19
    Jovan Drark- male Jedi apprentice; 19
    Ganner Rhysode- male Jedi Knight; 25
    Syal Antilles Fel- female; 43
    Soontir Fel- male Imperial Baron; 57
    Corran Horn- male Jedi Knight, pilot; 45
    Mirax Terrik Horn- female trader; 45
    Danni Quee-female scientist, Jedi student; 24
    Wedge Antilles-male pilot; 47
    Drake Hamsond- male pilot; 19
    Isolder- male Prince of Hapes; 46
    Ta?a Chume- female former Queen of Hapes; 66
    Valin Horn- male Jedi student; 14
    Ben Skywalker- male; newborn
    Menley Solo- female; newborn

Prologue, Part 1

Tahiri Veila and Corran Horn rushed down the corridor of the Errant Venture from the docking bay as soon as their ship had landed. On the heels of Anakin Solo, they followed him through the halls of the Super Star Destroyer, barely able to keep up. When they reached the medical lab in the back of the ship, they were greeted by swarms of people, including Corran?s wife Mirax and their two children, Valin and Jysella.

?What is happening?? Corran yelled franticly while searching for where Anakin had so quickly disappeared to.

?Everything is all right. Mara went into labor a few hours ago and is now the proud mother of a beautiful baby boy. Anakin is still in with her and Luke right now.? responded Mirax. ?Where have you three been??

?It?s a long story.?

Later that night Tahiri knocked on the door of the cabin assigned to Anakin Solo. She was greeted by the sight of the handsome sixteen year old opening the door dressed only in a pair of old sleep pants.

Glancing down shyly she asked, ?Can I come in??

?Of course,? Anakin replied as he opened the door a little bit wider. ?Been a long day, hasn?t it.?

?Tell me about it,? she grunted. ?How are you feeling??

?Better now that I no longer have Mara?s shooting pain blasting through me every five seconds. How about you??

?Confused. About what happened in the locker back on Yag?Dhul. And other things.?

?Like what??

?You. I mean, we?ve been best friends for years, but I never thought anything like this would ever happen.? stated Tahiri. ?Not that I didn?t want it to, but I just never thought-?

?You mean you wanted me to kiss you??

?Not necessarily, but I did start to have a crush on you when you came back to Yavin 4 before you and Mara left to go to Dantooine.?

?Really??

?Yeah, you just weren?t smart enough to notice, Dummy.?

?Well, I might not have realized it then, but now I certainly know that I care about you. A lot,? he answered shyly.

Walking over to sit down on the s

2. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I like it! especially the conversations between Anakin and Tahiri. ;)

I'm waiting 4 more!!!!!

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I love this! :D Very nice beginning, especially all the Anakin/Tahiri convo. Very lovely. [face_love]

Can't wait for more. :D

4. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    This is great :). Always nice to see new authors and new A/T.

POST MORE AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!!!!

please :p

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! =D= You did a great job! I'll be looking for more of your work. :D

6. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Courtney Solo-
    [face_blush] Thank you. Since school starts up in less than a week, I'm going to try to go ahead and put at least another two more posts up before Monday. There's no telling how much time I'll have to post after that.

Jaina and Jag-
    You love it? How nice! More should be up either tomorrow or Thursday. But when are we going to get an update for Consequences?

Jek Windu-
    Thanks. It's nice to be appreciated.

VaderLVR64-
    blush.Why thank you. I enjoy your work too.

7. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    I'm hooked! Great beginning, I'll be following as best I can.

8. anakinsolosgirl

anakinsolosgirl Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2005
    Wow! This is great! keep them coming.

9. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Great start, cheersweetie27 :D

JD.

10. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Briman-
    Thanks! I'm glad that I reeled you in.;)

anakinsolosgirl-
    Thanks. Welcome aboard.

JDH3-
    Thank you!!

Now, since I am soooo nice (as well as soooo bored)I have decided to go ahead and post the next part of the prologue tonight. I thought I might as well since I already have the entire thing written and it's just sitting on my computer begging to be posted. Anywho, here it goes.

Prologue, Part 2
    Four months later.

?Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you,? sang Tahiri Veila to Anakin Solo as the two sat in his room together on the Errant Venture. It was Anakin?s seventeenth birthday, and as far as Tahiri was concerned, the most important day of the year.

?So what do you hope your present is??

?You,? he replied mischievously as he pulled her down into his lap to give her a sweet kiss on the cheek.

?Well that is a given, but I did get you something special for your special day.?

?And what would that be??

?Close your eyes and you just might find out,? Tahiri cried. ?And no peaking!?

?I won?t,? answered Anakin as he glanced through the slits of his eyes.

?I can feel you,? chided Tahiri, ?and if you won?t be a good little boy, then you might not get your surprise.?

?But I like surprises,? laughed Anakin.

?Okay, open your eyes.?

Anakin opened his eyes to reveal a large, beautifully decorated book lying before him. On the front cover was a holo of him and Tahiri gazing into each others eyes, a picture he recognized as having been taken only a few days ago by his older sister, Jaina.

?It?s a picture book,? explained Tahiri, now slightly nervous. ?I thought that since all of your family belongings and memories have been destroyed during the war that we could start a collection of new memories.?

?I love it,? Anakin said, with a slight tear in his eye. He opened up the book and began to glance at the pages. It was filled with little pictures and mementos of him, his family, and Tahiri from over the last few months. By each picture was a sweet message and description written in Tahiri?s beautiful handwriting. Some of the pictures were funny, while others were heart warming. On one page was a snapshot of him and Tahiri in the middle of a food fight they had started amongst the Jedi trainees; a small, yet happy moment in the eyes of everyone involved in the gruesome, never ending war.

After looking through the entire book together, the two laid back and relaxed, simply enjoying each others presence and the happy moment that both knew would not last forever.

?Luke!?

?Wh-what,? called Luke Skywalker groggily after being suddenly jerked out of a deep sleep by his wife, Mara Jade Skywalker, bellowing from the next room.

?I think your son wants you to come change him,? she yelled back from the small area the two had set up as Ben?s nursery. ?It?s a bad one two.?

?Why is it that whenever he is dirty or causing trouble, he?s my son, but whenever everyone is oing and ahing over how adorable and well behaved he is, he?s your son,? questioned Luke as he got dressed and walked into his son?s nursery.

?Because that?s the way it works, farmboy. He gets all of his cute and charming qualities from me, and all of the troublesome ones from you. Besides I do recall it being your fault that I ended up pregnant in the first place.?

?Mara Jade- cute and charming. Haven?t heard that one before,? he joked.

?Then maybe you just haven?t been talking to the right people,? she replied mischievously.

?Oh yeah??

?Yeah,? she kidded as she leaned in to kiss him over her son?s head.

?I love you,? Luke proclaimed when her lips left his.

?Good, now change the baby.?

[hr]

?I hate you,? screamed Jaina Solo at the image of Kyp Durron on her comm screen. ?Why are you calling me??

?Look Jaina, I?m just trying to apologize. I was wrong and I?m sorry. Besides, hate is of the dark side.?

?What, and being a lying, manipulative jerk isn?t? I told you before I left, I never want to

11. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Aww, cute A/T scene. :D

Luke and Mara were funny. I feel bad for Luke having to change Ben at every turn. [face_laugh]

And Jaina's angry with Kyp? Well, she's got good reason to be. And I agree that life goes on.

Great update, cheersweetie27. :)

JD.

12. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Loved the Anakin and Tahiri part!

13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    MOORRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    JDH3-
    Thanks. And why shouldn't Luke have to change the baby? After all, Mara gave birth to him! ;)

Briman-
    Thank you!!

SilSolo-
    Okay, okay. I should have chapter one up sometime this evening hopefully. :D

15. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Anakin and Tahiri are adorable together. [face_love] That scene reminds me of The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. In the book Wilson makes a photoalbum for his wife Jane. It's absolutely charming. [face_love]

And cute Luke and Mara moment. I love it when they argue like that. [face_love]

And poor Jaina! :( Now if Jag were to show up at this very moment she might like it... :p

And the post for Consequences is coming (hopefully) later today. I've been really busy this past week and it totally slipped my mind to send it to the beta. [face_blush] So it's there now and as soon as NYC sends it back to me I'll post it. ;)

16. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Great post! Can't wait for more!

17. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Jaina and Jag-
    Don't worry, Jag will be around eventually. [face_love]

Jek Windu-
    Thanks! You don't have to wait any longer for the next post.

Chapter 1
    5 months later, set during the beginning of Star by Star while on Eclipse.

Tahiri Veila and all three of the Solo children sat down together for evening meal at a large table located in the center of the mess hall where a few other friends of theirs were currently eating. It was the end of a long day filled with much pain and many hardships. They had recently learned of the death of their friend Lusa, another young Jedi who had been viciously killed by the dreaded voxyn. She marked the fifth Jedi to be attacked and killed by the creatures in the last month.

?We have to do something about these attacks. I think Cilghal was on to something when she mentioned that the voxyn might all be clones of each other,? spoke Jaina Solo from her place in between her brother Jacen and good friend Zekk.

?Yeah, I think we should talk to Uncle Luke about this soon and figure something out. He might be able to come up with something we can do to help all of the Jedi still out there rather than having us all stationed here, where the most good we do is help keep watch over the base,? replied Jacen.

Anakin looked up from his plate of mildly appetizing food, ?I?ve been trying to think of some things we could do to stop the voxyn all together. I have an idea that-?

But a sultry voice saying, ?Hi Anakin,? from behind him interrupted his thoughts.

Both Tahiri and Anakin looked up at the same time to see who had just interrupted his plans of how to get rid of the voxyn. Standing behind Anakin was a group of three female Jedi, led by the Twi?lek dancer girl Alema Rar. Once she realized that it was Alema who had just spoken and who now stood with her hand draped around Anakin?s neck, Tahiri turned her head away and scowled.

?Oh, hey Tahiri, how are you doing?? inquired Alema a little too sweetly as she slid into the chair on the opposite side of Anakin. ?I didn?t notice you there.?

?I bet you didn?t,? Tahiri growled back under her breath.

Alema turned back to Anakin as the other two girls, Eryl Besa and Ulaha Kore, slid into seats at the table. ?Now what were you saying Anakin??

Oblivious to the death looks going on between the two girls over his head, Anakin continued, ?Oh, I was just telling Jacen and the others that I think we need to find a way of infiltrating wherever the Yuuzhan Vong are keeping the voxyn and destroy the source.?

?I think that is a wonderful idea,? answered Alema as she once again brought her hand to rest on Anakin?s shoulder. ?You know, if you ever need any help with anything, I?m here. Even if you just want to, you know, talk, feel free to stop by my room any time, day or night.?

?Thanks Alema, I appreciate all of the support,? he said with a smile. ?We all know I?m not getting enough of it from other places,? he added with a quick glare towards Jacen.

?Yeah Alema, we really appreciate everything, but right now we really need to be going,? Tahiri mockingly spoke as she grabbed Anakin?s arm and yanked him out of his seat.

?Hey, I wasn?t finished yet,? Anakin complained loudly as he was being drug out of the mess hall by his collar.

?Oh, he?s finished all right,? laughed Jaina with a shake of her head.

Three days later a small group of the young Jedi were assembled together as a strike team and were preparing to leave the next morning to put their plan to destroy the voxyn queen into action. After their all day long planning session, the group dispersed to go finish getting ready for the trip.

Nighttime eventually fell upon Eclipse. After spending a few hours tossing and turning in bed, Jaina finally decided to get up and walk around, hoping that would ease her insomnia.

She found herself walking towards the recreational room and soon realized that she was not alone. She felt the familiar presence of her good friend Zekk and was happy to have someone els

18. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Nice post and now it's comfirmed- I've read this before, on fanfiction.net. I got about 5 or so chapters in and then I couldn't find the story anymore :(. I'm glad you decided to post here and don't worry, I won't give anything away.

19. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Jek Windu-
    I see...well if you only got the chance to read the first five chapters or so, you can still stick around for the rest of it here. This story has a wopping forty chapters! In fact I just posted the last one up on ff.net Monday and I started the sequel up there today. So I hope you stick around and thanks for the review!:D

20. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Oh, I actually enjoyed Zekk. That is saying some, good job! I was rooting for Zekk when he kissed her, and even I didn't think Jaina would do that.

21. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I like seeing Alema in 'fics because she's so good at causing [face_mischief] ;)

?Oh, he?s finished all right,? laughed Jaina with a shake of her head.

[face_laugh] I'd have to agree with her. Poor Anakin. I bet his ears were ringing for days afterwards. :p

Good scene between Jaina and Zekk. I'm not a big J/Z shipper, but I like both characters so it's easy for me to take. Should be interesting to see what, if anything, Jaina says to Zekk after their kiss.

Another great update, cheersweetie27. :)

JD.

22. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    I am drawn to A/T fics like a moth to flame so its nice to seea new one on the boards.

I was a J/Z shipper when i first read the YJK but i'm not so pickky about that now.

Keep up the good work.

23. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Briman-
    Thanks!! I like Zekk too, especially during YJK time, but I just don't see Jaina ending up with her childhood crush which is why I like J/J.

JDH3-
    Alema is fun to write. Poor Anakin, he definately got an earful about this one [face_beatup] Thanks!

The Silent One -
    Hi! [:D] Welcome aboard. Thank you!

I should probably have the next post up sometime this evening hopefully.

24. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    This is a bit of a filler chapter setting up the strike team's mission from Star by Star. After a few more chapters this becomes completely an AU story though.

Chapter 2

The following morning the strike team assembled to make all last minute preparations for their mission and to say their goodbyes to friends and family.

Han Solo was having an exceptionally difficult time letting his three children go off on such a dangerous trek without their father to watch over them like he had done so often when they were little. He could still remember the days when he would pick up his kids and throw them over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes as if it was yesterday. Han had never been one to express his emotions publicly, but watching his kids at this moment and realizing for the first time that they really had grown up was beginning to stir things up inside of him. He was very proud of the three of them for fighting for what they knew was right, but at the same time he was filled with a sense of dread that he might lose any or all of them, the way he had lost Chewbacca.

?Daddy, don?t worry. We?re going to be fine,? Jaina spoke up as she came around behind her father and linked her arm through his.

?What makes you think I was worried??

?I know you, Dad.?

?Yeah you do,? he sighed. ?Jaina look, Anakin may be the leader of this crazy mission, but I want you to know he really looks up to you when it comes to decision making. He respects you and what you have been through more than you know, and I expect you to really support him and try to keep all of the drama between your brothers to a minimum. The last thing you guys are going to need is for your leader to be distracted by outside problems.?

?Dad, that?s easier said than done, but I?ll try. Plus, I?m sure Anakin?s new female fanclub will help to keep him in line and his confidence up.?

?Yeah, well that?s not the kind of confidence I meant. Anakin needs to focus on the mission, not the women. I really hope that?s not going to be a problem for him.?

?He is your son after all, but I think he will be okay. Anakin knows his place and what is and is not appropriate for a mission like this.?

?I hope so. Looks like everybody is pretty much through packing up; go over to where your mom and brothers are and say bye to her and send the guys over here. May the Force be with you.?

?Thanks Dad, I love you.?

?Love you too, princess.?

Tahiri walked into one of the guest cabins aboard Lando Calrisian?s ship the Lady Luck, which the strike team was using for transportation during their carefully planned mission until they would be ?captured? by the Vong. Jaina, Tenel Ka, and Eryl were her three roommates, all of whom were already getting settled by the time Tahiri had entered.

The four girls each chose a bed and a dresser to put their things in- not that they would be needing any of it after they were captured, but they still had to keep up appearances to make it look like they were planning on a long, comforting trip with a few good friends.

?So, do you think this is actually going to work?? questioned Eryl Besa, a short, red-haired woman of about nineteen.

?Of course it?s going to work. We have to remain confident,? spoke up Tahiri a bit defensively. ?Anakin knows what he is doing.?

?I have complete confidence in Anakin; it?s the rest of the group that I?m worried about. We don?t all even like each other, so how are we supposed to trust each other with our lives and the lives of those we care about??

?That?s just part of being a Jedi. I might think that Alema Rar is constantly throwing herself at my boyfriend, but I still trust her enough to be comfortable with her on this mission and to place my life and the lives all of the other Jedi on this ship in her hands.?

?All we have right now is our faith in each other,? spoke up the Hapan princess, Tenel Ka. ?That is enough for me if it means that we can put a stop to the terrible voxyn attacks.?

Jaina jumped off her bed and walked towards T

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm not caught up yet [face_blush] But I've enjoyed what I've read so far. Luke and Mara are great, and I liked the Anakin/Tahiri interaction. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.