main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends As Time Goes By - NJO AU (J/J, J/TK, A/T)- COMPLETED October 24 !!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by cheersweetie27, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    FelsGoddess-
    Thanks!!

Lola64-
    I'm so glad Luke talked to Tahiri about Cem. They make such a cute couple. Yep, but their being "just friends" right now :D

Briman-
    A very touching discussion with Luke and Tahiri, very well done! Thanks. She needs a good father figure.

goddess45-
    Thank you.

And yep, Danni is the surprise guest. She will definately be in the next couple of chaps...[face_devil]

2. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    looking foward to them!!!

3. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Chapter 35

The Solo apartment was bustling with activity. Nearly all of the dinner guests had arrived and were now engaging in polite conversation. No one mentioned the war or any other unpleasant topic; tonight was a night for enjoyment, not stress or worry.

As the table was being set, the final guest, Danni Quee, arrived. Rushing in, she quickly apologized for her lack of punctuality. ?I?m really sorry I?m late, but I was held up in meetings all afternoon.?

Smiling at the girl as she took her coat, Leia said, ?That?s all right, Danni. We were just beginning to set the table.?

?And thanks for inviting me. I really appreciate it.?

?No problem. There is always room for one more in this family.?

The Solo?s, Skywalker?s, and Fel?s, along with Tahiri and Danni, then all made their way to the dinner table. The group ate in a comfortable silence, every now and then interrupted by a compliment on the food.

Glancing around the table, Han Solo began to smile. It had been a long time since the whole family had gotten a chance to sit down to a meal together. Well, almost the whole family. He still missed Anakin and Chewie every single day, but it was nice getting the chance to welcome some new people into their circle of friends and family.

Plus, Han was finally beginning to warm up to the idea of his daughter marrying a Fel. If he was gonna be completely honest with himself, he would even have to admit that he kind of liked the guy. Sometimes. And he was happy that Tahiri had begun to make friends with Jag?s brother and sister. The poor girl had been so unhappy for so long.

And Jacen. How could he even begin to describe in words how he felt about having Jacen back? When they thought he had died as well, Han was sure that he was not going to be able to continue on. But Leia had faith. She knew from the beginning that he would come back to them. For once, Han Solo was glad that he had been wrong.

But right now as they all sat at the dinner table, Han could tell something was up with Jacen. He may not have the force, but he had always been able to read his children like a book. Han had a feeling that his son?s discontent had something to do with his recent trip to Hapes; as well as something to do with the older blonde woman currently seated to his son?s right.

And at the center of Han?s current state of joyfulness? His new baby granddaughter. He had no words to express his love for that tiny little girl that had brought so much happiness into the lives of their entire family. Granted, when he had first found out that Tahiri was pregnant, Han was furious. But over time he had come to sympathize with the girl and understand that she was carrying Anakin?s legacy within her, and that was nothing short of a miracle.

Raising his glass into the air, Han proclaimed with a smile of warmth and happiness on his face, ?I would like to propose a toast. To peace, and to all of those that have fought and died in order to insure that their children could grow up in a galaxy free from the horrors of war.? Turning to Jaina and Jag, ?And to love,?
    and then to Jacen, ?and to strength,? and then to Tahiri, ?and to courage. For these are what make us human, and what make peace worth sacrificing everything for. To my family; all of you; who have changed me from a lowly space pirate who didn?t care about anyone or anything into a husband, uncle, father, and now grandfather. You are my strength and my courage. My everything.?

Eleven glasses clinked together in unison. And there was not a dry eye in the house.

After dinner was over, the guests broke off into smaller social groups. Because Menley had started to get a little fussy, Tahiri took her into one of the back rooms to rock her back to sleep. The two had only been in the room a few moments when she heard the door click behind her. Turning around she could barely make out Cem?s figure in the darkness.

Walking towards Tahiri, Cem asked, ?Is everything alright??

?Yes, she was just starting to get a little bit fussy. No problem

4. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Great update cheers.

I absolutely loved Han's toast. Not a dry eye at my desk either.

Jacen Jacen Jacen. What are you about to do? :eek:

That?s right. We?re friends, just like you said. And there is no reason why we should risk that relationship.?

?Right,? he concluded with a nod, but for some reason he didn?t feel as confident as he sounded.

Oh come on Tahiri. Cem's a keeper. Go for it.

I surely hope that bad news Tahiri gets isn't about Cem. *crosses fingers until next post*

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Raising his glass into the air, Han proclaimed with a smile of warmth and happiness on his face, ?I would like to propose a toast. To peace, and to all of those that have fought and died in order to insure that their children could grow up in a galaxy free from the horrors of war.? Turning to Jaina and Jag, ?And to love,?
    and then to Jacen, ?and to strength,? and then to Tahiri, ?and to courage. For these are what make us human, and what make peace worth sacrificing everything for. To my family; all of you; who have changed me from a lowly space pirate who didn?t care about anyone or anything into a husband, uncle, father, and now grandfather. You are my strength and my courage. My everything.?
    =D= That was wonderful.

I wonder if Jacen is going to do what I think he's going to do. :p

Great update!

6. johnselena

johnselena Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2003
    Great post Cheers, always find a way to add another twist :).

I just hope Jacen doesn't do anything stupid...

7. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    :eek: Jacen!!! Get away from that door!!!!!!!!!
    Uh-oh! Bad news is never good!:p *realizes how dumb her words are* [face_plain]
    Great Post!!!!
    Blondie^..^

8. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    *clap* =D= Do you send out PMs, cheersweetie? I'd love to get one!

9. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Lola64-
    Thanks. I think I was tearing up as I wrote the toast. :_|

FelsGoddess-
    Thank you! And I'm afraid that Jacen just might be about to do what you think he is about to do...

johnselena-
    Hehehe [face_devil]

BlondieJediKnight-
    Uh-oh! Bad news is never good! *realizes how dumb her words are* [face_laugh] Thanks!

Courtney Solo-
    [face_blush] Yep, I meant to send you one Court, but I forgot. Sorry!

More tomorrow, hopefully.

10. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    :_|

That was me after reading Han's toast. He's such a great guy, and you've captured him well.

Jacen...tsk tsk tsk. He's such a confused guy, but I hope Danni can make him happy. He needs some happiness (cause I'm certainly not giving him any in my fic :( ).

Cem is just cool. If Tahiri doesn't want him, I'll be happy to take him off her hands. :D

11. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Inara-
    That was me after reading Han's toast. He's such a great guy, and you've captured him well. Thank you sooooo much! Hehe. Yep, Jacen does deserve some happiness (considers giving him some) Nah! :D

More later tonight hopefully!

12. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    good! *waits for PM she hopes will come* :p

13. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Jacen,NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :_|

Tenel Ka must get him back!

Good chapter, I really liked Han's toast =D=

14. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Briman-
    Thanks!!

Sorry I didn't get this up like I promised, but I was really bust last night!

Chapter 36

As Jacen gradually began to wake the next morning, he kept thinking about a crazy dream that he had had the night before. In his dream, Danni Quee had invited him to come stay the night with her and he accepted. Just the thought of it blew his mind.

But as Jacen rolled over in bed to stretch, his hand landed on a shock of curly hair. Oh, no he thought as he pealed his eyes open. And just as he feared, there lay Danni beneath the thin sheet.

She began to stir a bit and eventually opened her eyes. ?Good morning.?

Still not completely believing that the woman laying naked in the bed next to him was real, Jacen could only manage a weak, ?Yeah.?

This caused Danni to let out a small giggle. ?Everything okay there, Jacen??

?Of course, it?s just I can?t believe I?m actually here. With you.?

Danni laughed again. ?Don?t act so innocent. There is no way
    that last night was your first time.?

?Well, not exactly. But still, I don?t have much, almost no, experience in that area. And you were amazing.?

?Thanks,? she said with a hint of a blush rising in her cheeks. ?I?m just glad to see you smile again. But shouldn?t you be getting back? They?ve probably been wondering where you were.?

?Yeah, I should,? he said a little reluctantly. Jacen climbed out of Danni?s bed and began to pull his clothes back on. How was he going to explain this to his parents, or worse, to Jaina? ?I?ll see you later.? But before he walked out the door, Danni had gotten out of bed as well with the sheet draped precariously around her and grabbed his arm. Stepping close, she kissed him, and then backed away.

As Jacen left Danni?s room he couldn?t help feeling guilty. He knew that last night wasn?t about love. It was about grief, and pain, and lust. But he had enjoyed himself. In fact, it was the first time he had been truly happy since Tenel Ka told him that she would not marry him. Still, something wasn?t quite right.

Once Jacen reached his parents place, he tried to open up the front door as quietly as possible in hope that he would be able to sneak into his room without anyone noticing he was gone. But he only made it as far as the couch before his sister began to stir.

When she opened her eyes, Jaina glared at her brother. ?Jacen, where have you been? I stayed over here all night waiting for you to come back, and you never did!?

?Sorry Jay. I walked Danni home last night.?

?And it took you eight hours to get back!??

?Not exactly. She kind of invited me to stay there with her.?

?I sincerely hope you slept on the couch.?

?Once again, not exactly.?

Amazed at her twin brother?s apparent stupidity, Jaina practically yelled, ?Then where did you sleep??

A guilty blush spreading up his face, Jacen said, ?In her bed.?

?Jacen, how could you be so stupid? I thought you wanted to get Tenel Ka back.?

?I do-?

?Well, sleeping with another woman isn?t the best way of going about at achieving that goal!?

?I know, Jaina. It?s just she looked so beautiful when she was standing there in her doorway, and I?ve kind of had a crush on her for years now. Plus, Tenel Ka told me no! What am I supposed to do? Resort to a life of solitude and self-pity like Uncle Luke once did??

?No, but having a one night stand isn?t going to get you anywhere either.?

?Who said it was a one night stand? I think she might actually like me!?

Jaina looked doubtful. ?Maybe.? Standing up from her seat on the couch, she began to gather up some of her things. ?Look Jacen, I don?t have time to argue with you about this. Kyp just arrived back on planet from a mission that Uncle Luke sent him on and I have to go find him and take him to a debriefing we have this morning. But we?ll discuss this some more later.?

By the time Jaina made her way down to the hangar, Kyp was on his way out, also looking for her. The two met up in the hallway and exchanged a quick and frien

15. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    :_| Tahiri! You're not giving her up forever!:_| That was a sad part!
    [face_shame_on_you] Jacen you loser!!!!!!! Leading Danni on like that![face_shame_on_you]
    Poor Kyp. He and Danni should hook up!:p
    Great post!
    Blondie

16. johnselena

johnselena Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2003
    Jacen, you fool!

Great post again Cheers, can't wait for the rest.

17. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    :_| Tahiri!

[face_frustrated] Jacen.... [face_shame_on_you]

Great update, cheersweetie27! And thanks 4 the PM!

~CS

18. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I was right! [face_whistling]

?Look Jacen, I don?t have time to argue with you about this. Kyp just arrived back on planet from a mission that Uncle Luke sent him on and I have to go find him and take him to a debriefing we have this morning. But we?ll discuss this some more later.? Typical Jaina response.

after eating a couple of Mara?s meals, Tahiri decided that she definitely needed to learn to cook if she wasn?t planning on starving to death. [face_laugh]

Its better to have her daughter in safety.

Great update!

19. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    BlondieJediKnight-
    Thanks!!

johnselena-
    Hehe. It seems to be the consensus that Jacen is not a great guy right now.

Courtney Solo-
    No prob.

FelsGoddess-
    Good job. Thanks.

20. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    *Hits Jacen* Crazy person!!!!!!
    I feel really bad for Tahiri.

21. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Jacen is sooooooooo confused...

Poor Tahiri! But "sheltering" little Menley is probably for the best...at least she'll get some sleep.

And Cem? I'd put him on the confused list with Jacen.

Great posts.

oldj

22. MichaelSolo

MichaelSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    Bad bad Jacen sleeping around like that.okay but if he does that again I,m going to kill him.

23. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I don't blame Jacen for the one nighter. He's not thinking straight.

But if I were him I wouldn't get his hopes up with Danni's feelings about him. It might not have meant more to her than that.

They're talking her daughter to shelter? Not the devastating news I thought it would be, but that's got to be rough. Look how rough it was on Mara.

Sorry Tahiri but it is for the best.

4 more chapters? Do you take requests? I'm still wishing for a Cem/Tahiri hook up. [face_praying]

Great update cheers, as always.

24. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Jaina Solo 59-
    Thanks for the review!

oldjedinurse-
    Thanks!

Michael Solo-
    Yep. [face_shame_on_you]

Lola64-
    Yep, only 4 more to go. About your request, they're all already prewritten, but have no fear. I will start posting the sequal as soon as this one is done, so you still have a whole other story worth of chances to look forward to. :D

25. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Chapter 37

Two days later Luke and Mara Skywalker left to take Menley to Shelter. There was a tearful goodbye from Tahiri, but they knew that the girl had hope: the hope that her daughter would have a better and safer life where she was going until this god-awful war was over.

Mara could understand Tahiri?s pain. Every time she had to leave Ben, it felt like a piece of her was being ripped away. No matter how long of time goes by, a mother will never forget her child or stop missing him. Which was why Mara respected Leia now more than ever. She had lost Anakin and almost Jacen at the same time. It was amazing that she could still function properly, not to mention lead the galaxy in a desperate fight for freedom.

Nearly a week later as they arrived at Shelter, both Luke and Mara were about to pass out from the unexpected exhaustion caused by caring for a three month old baby on a small, enclosed ship. Menley was definitely her mother?s daughter. Tahiri used to never stop talking when she was younger, and now the infant would never stop crying or talking in loud baby-talk. It was cute, though, and it made Mara miss her son even more. I?m coming, baby. Mommy?s coming.

There was a group of young Jedi patiently awaiting their departure of the Jade Shadow, but as soon as they saw Master Skywalker, they were hardly able to contain their excitement. It wasn?t often that the famous Jedi master or his wife were able to make all of the way out there in the middle of the war.

Valin Horn was amongst those waiting to greet the Skywalkers. Although he was happy to see them, he couldn?t help feeling a little resentful about them being there. His father never came to see him or Jysella, and his mother could only stay for short periods at a time. He understood that his father was a Jedi Knight and needed in the battle, but that didn?t change the fact that the boy missed him constantly. Besides, Valin was fourteen years old- he should be out there fighting too. But for some reason, his mother always refused to let him go.

As his younger sister Jysella danced along beside him, Valin simply stood there with a bit of an annoyed look on his face. He was only twelve when the Vong attacked Yavin 4, and he had already learned so much since then. Being treated like a little kid really stunk sometimes!

When the Skywalkers made there way towards the back where he was standing, Valin politely bowed. ?It?s nice that you are back, Masters,? he said, not really meaning it completely.

?Thank you, Valin,? replied Luke, not really believing the boy. ?Would you mind taking us to where we could find Kam or Tionne??

?Of course, Master,? he said with another overly polite bow. But on his way back up, he noticed something kind of funny. Nestled into the arms of Mrs. Skywalker was a tiny baby. ?If you don?t mind me asking, did you have another baby, Master??

Glancing at the baby girl sleeping-finally!- in her arms, Mara said, ?Oh, no Valin. This isn?t our baby.?

?Then who?s is it??

Mara?s eyes flicked over to meet Luke?s. ?She?s Tahiri?s.?

Caught in shock, Valin stopped walking mid-step. ?Tahiri?s baby!? I didn?t even know she was pregnant!? Blushing slightly, he asked, ?Can you tell me who the father is??

Another look between the two Skywalkers. ?Anakin Solo.?

?Anakin? But he?s??

?We know, Valin. Tahiri became pregnant not long before Anakin was killed.?

The boy didn?t say much else on the way to find Kam and Tionne. But right before they walked through the door of a small training room, he said, ?While we?re on the subject of Tahiri, I was wondering if I could go back with you guys and see her.?

Placing a hand on his shoulder, Luke said, ?I don?t think so, Valin. This is a dangerous war, and you?re too young to be getting involved. In fact, that?s why we are here. To bring Menley to safety.?

?To young? But Tahiri was only fourteen when she left to come help!?

?Exactly, and she was kidnapped by the Vong, almost died during the strike team mission, and had a baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.