main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends As Time Goes By - NJO AU (J/J, J/TK, A/T)- COMPLETED October 24 !!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by cheersweetie27, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Sweet and nice and great all around writing cheers.

I like how Mara reminisced about her son's birth and then Luke sneaking up on her like that.

Good for Valin. Hey, if Tahiri can have a baby the boy can fight the Vong. I'm just saying. Although if I were his mother maybe I wouldn't think that way.

That's right Luke. Remember? You were a pain in the drain and you were older than Valin. Sheesh. Old folks forget sometimes they were young once.

2. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Great update! Mara's feelings for Ben was well portrayed. And Valin getting involved, I hope he doesn't get hurt, or worse, killed! [face_worried]

3. johnselena

johnselena Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2003
    Nice post again Cheers, I liked the break it gave from the drama of all the rest of the chapters =p. Can't wait for more!

4. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    as always sweetie nice job!! Yo're on a posting spree... three posts in like 5 days (something like that) keep em coming!

5. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I loved Valin in this chapter. He's 14 - Anakin was 14 when he was dumped into a war. And he's the son of Corran and Mirax. He's definitely going to kick some major butt!

Liked Luke and Mara here. It's easy to forget their parents as well as renowned Jedi.

Great post! :)

6. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    [face_laugh] Tahiri's baby. Will u bring Ani baq 4 me? [face_batting]

7. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Lola64-
    Sweet and nice and great all around writing cheers. Thanks. Exactly, Luke was there once too. That's why he eventually gave in.

Briman-
    Thanks!

johnselena-
    More will be up soon.

goddess45-
    Thanks. I know, I've been posting like crazy lately!

Inara-
    Thank you.

Courtney Solo-
    :( I wish I could bring Anakin back.

Next chapter hopefully up later tonight. The bachelor and bachelorett parties...

8. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Chapter 38

It was late by the time Valin and the Skywalkers landed, but that did not stop the boy from wanting to go find his father first thing. They took him to the room of Corran Horn, and a joyous reunion followed. Although Corran agreed that his son was too young to be out fighting in the war, he was very happy to see him.

By the time Luke and Mara crawled into bed, it was dawn. They were only able to receive a few hours of sleep before they heard a knocking sound on their bedroom door. ?Come in,? Mara called groggily.

Tahiri walked through the door. When she saw that the Skywalkers were still lying in bed, she took a step back and said, ?Oh, I?m sorry. I didn?t mean to wake you.?

Luke sat up and pulled on his robe. ?It?s okay, Tahiri. What can we do for you??

?I just wanted to make sure that you two know that the wedding is tomorrow. Jaina and Jag have been waiting for you guys to get back.?

?That was fast,? Mara stated.

?Yeah, but they?ve both already been through so much. I think that they are just ready to be happy.? Tahiri had turned to walk away when she suddenly remembered something. ?Oh yeah, tonight I?m throwing a little bacheloret party for Jaina and I think that Kyp has taken care of one for Jag. You both are invited, obviously.?

After Tahiri left the room, Luke said with a devilish grin, ?Mmm a bachelor party. That sounds like fun.?

?You better not have too much fun Farmboy, or I will have to show you what a bad boy you are.?

?Is that a promise??

?You bet.?

Tahiri had spent the last few days planning this party and she wanted it to be perfect. After everything that Jaina had done for her, it was the least she could do in return. So far everything seemed to be running smoothly. Guests were beginning to arrive and the Skywalker apartment gradually began to fill.

Jaina walked up behind Tahiri as she was taking inventory of all the guests. ?I really appreciate you doing this for me, Tah.?

?No problem. I just hope you have fun tonight. After all, it is your bacheloret party.?

?Don?t worry, I will. As long as there are no strippers! That is so tacky!?

?Who would actually hire strippers the night before they get married??

[hr]

?Yeah baby, take it off!?

Cries such as this could be heard halfway down the hallway from Kyp Durron?s room. He was throwing Jag a bachelor party, and someone had ordered strippers. Well, not exactly strippers, but Alema Rar and a couple of other really drunk female pilots who were willing to take their clothes off for a bunch of drunker guys. But while most of the guests at the party seemed to be enjoying themselves, Jag kept running around like he had his head cut off.

Doesn?t he understand that this is his last night of freedom? He really needs to learn how to loosen up sometimes, Kyp thought to himself.

Even the revered Jedi Master Luke Skywalker seemed like he was having fun. Of course he wasn?t stone drunk like some of his friends, or paying for a lap dance, but he was standing over in a corner of the room with Han Solo and Corran Horn, laughing at one obscene joke or another.

Walking up behind Jag, Kyp threw his arm over his shoulders. ?Having fun??

With a stress-filled sigh, Jag answered, ?Of course, Kyp. Except for the fact that the half naked blonde over there making out with one of my pilots reminds me a little to much of my sister, and the Twi?lek girl dancing on the table keeps winking and gesturing towards me.?

?Well, then why don?t you go dance with her??

?Maybe because I?m getting married tomorrow!?

?Ah, Jaina wouldn?t mind. Here, let me go and get you a drink.? Kyp walked off.

Muttering to himself, Jag said, ?Jaina. What would she do if she knew what was going on over here??

[hr]

All of the women at Jaina?s party were sitting in a circle in the living room, swapping stories about their husbands as they dined on several different types of dishes.

The group was laughing at a story being told by Iella Antilles about her husband, Wedge

9. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    ?Who would actually hire strippers the night before they get married??

?Yeah baby, take it off!?

Cries such as this could be heard halfway down the hallway from Kyp Durron?s room. He was throwing Jag a bachelor party, and someone had ordered strippers.

Are you trying to say that Kyp is tacky? [face_shame_on_you] Not my Kyppie. :*

?And here?s some super glue so that when he attempts to ?fix? something and ends up making it worse, you can put it back together.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That is so every guy I know. [face_laugh]

Next is the wedding? Love J/J weddings. I'm just saying.

Great job with this post cheers. Glad I was able to read it before going out in rush hour traffic.

10. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    [face_laugh] Great update, cheersweetie! [face_laugh]

Oi...men.

11. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    only two more???:_| thats depressing.... but the great chapter def made up for it!! I can't wait!!!

12. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Lola64-
    Hehe. [face_laugh] It's all of the guys I know too!

Courtney Solo-
    Thanks!!

goddess45-
    I know. :( It's sad, but there's always the sequel!!

Next chapter tomorrow!

13. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    [face_laugh] That was good! Two more??!!! I'm gonna miss this fic, sweetie, you've done such a great job with it. Hope to see alot more from you [:D]

Great update...As usual ;)

14. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    sequal?!?!?!?:D

15. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    Briman-
    Thanks! Yep, it's almost over. :(

goddess45-
    Yes, sequel. :D

All right, here is the wedding. Just as a warning, it's pretty long!! Also, the song is Where You'll Be by Faith Hill.

Chapter 39

Jaina spent all night tossing and turning in bed. Although she knew that it was perfectly normal for a bride to be nervous, she couldn?t help feeling a bit ridiculous. She was a Jedi after all! Getting married shouldn?t be able to shake her up this much.

Tired of just laying there, Jaina got up and fixed herself a cup of that old fashioned hot chocolate her uncle loved so much. Breathing in the soothing aroma, Jaina began to slide into a Jedi meditation to try and calm herself down.

A few hours later she was brought out of her trance like state by a soft knock on her door. Opening it with the Force, she saw her mother, her aunt, and Tahiri standing in her doorway.

?You shouldn?t do that you know,? was her aunt?s callous greeting.

?I know, but it?s my wedding day; I can do whatever I want.?

With a laugh, her mother murmured, ?Nice attitude,? as her and Mara walked through the doorway. Tahiri held back for a moment.

A smile growing on her face, the blonde girl reached her hand out into the hallway and said, ?We have a surprise for you.? Stepping forward, the Hapan queen Tenel Ka Djo was revealed.

A squeal of glee escaped Jaina?s lips. ?I can?t believe you made it,? she cried as she through her arms around her beautiful friend.

?Friend Jaina, I would not miss this day for all of the credits in the galaxy. My father sends his good wishes and his regrets about not being able to attend.?

Leading the young woman into her room, Jaina said, ?Tenel Ka, I?m so glad you?re here. I?m sure Jacen will be too,? she began before she caught herself; her face turning a soft pink.

?That I am not so sure about.?

Slightly confused by what her friends were discussing, Tahiri attempted to change the subject. ?Well, I think it?s time we start getting you ready for a wedding.?

An hour quickly went by as the four other women in the room assisted Jaina by fixing her hair and makeup. As they stood back to admire their work, a quiet knock was sounded on the door.

Tahiri got up to answer it, and was surprised to see the smiling face of Syal Fel standing on the other side of the door. ?What are you doing here??

?Hello, Tahiri. You didn?t think that Soontir and I would miss our son?s wedding, did you??

Coming to the door to stand behind Tahiri, Jaina called out, ?Syal! How are you??

?I?m doing fine, darling. My, don?t you look beautiful.?

Jaina quickly introduced their newest guest to Mara, her mother, and Tenel Ka before pointing at a large white box in Syal?s hand. ?What is that??

?Well, I was just wondering what you were planning on wearing to the ceremony today.?

?My dress uniform most likely. Unfortunately, there isn?t any dress shops near by and we didn?t exactly have time to make something, considering there is a war going on and all.?

?If you don?t mind, I have another suggestion.? Syal handed the box to Jaina. ?Open it.?

Setting it down on her night table, Jaina carefully opened the lid and moved aside the tissue paper. Inside the box laid a beautiful white dress.

?It is what I wore at my wedding, and now I would like you to have it.?

?Syal, this is gorgeous, but I can?t accept it. You can?t just give me your wedding dress.?

?Jaina, it has been sitting in my home collecting dust for over twenty years. I want you to wear it, if you would like to.?

Smiling broadly, Jaina said gratefully, ?I would love to.?

With the help of her friends and family, Jaina had the dress on within a matter of minutes. Glancing at herself in the mirror, she began to softly cry. ?I love you guys.?

The other women simply smiled. They knew.

Jagged Fel woke up from his sleep with a pounding headache and only a foggy recollection of what all had happened last night. Glancing at his chrono, Jag was su

16. MichaelSolo

MichaelSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    =D= Luke going faint,Jedi can faint right?

17. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Beautiful wedding cheers.

?We are here today to celebrate the love of this man and woman. Over this past year, the feelings between the two have blossomed and grown into a beautiful display of compassion and devotion. I must say, I have never met two people more meant for each other. This young man, my nephew, has the seriousness and devotion of a fearless soldier; and this woman, whom I have known for all her life, is filled with such spirit that not even a war can crush her. Together, they balance each other so that both can flourish in their love.?

You paying attention Troy Denning?! I'm just saying.

Loved the song Tahiri sang. I almost cried.

Valine and Wyn? Perfect combination. About time she gets a decent guy.

Poor Luke. I'd like to see him feint.

Yay for J/TK. Sorry Danni. You'll have to find someone else. And not Kyp. :p

18. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Who would actually hire strippers the night before they get married?? [face_laugh] I can think of a lot of people who would.

Here are some earplugs, for whenever he won?t stop whining and complaining about every little thing.?

?And a cookbook, because lord knows that men can never so much as fix their own meal.?

?And here?s some super glue so that when he attempts to ?fix? something and ends up making it worse, you can put it back together.?

?Oh yes, and a map so that when he refuses to stop and ask for directions, you will be able to find where you are going.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Those are great!

[face_laugh] Drunk Jag!

Uh-oh, Mara's pregnant! Luke, better be careful! [face_mischief]

Great updates!

19. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    oh i def have to reveiw for this chapter. That was so out of the blue! Wow. Interesting......

Jacen and Tenel Ka are back together!!! You're not a mean author!!!!!!

Cute wedding.

Mara's pregnant -- oh dear lord help us all.

One more post.... but sequal :_| **thinks to self... no can't cry - think sequal. think sequal!**

20. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Yes! Jacen and Tenel Ka [face_dancing] Sweetie, you are the best :*

21. johnselena

johnselena Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2003
    A great chapter Cheers, well written, and you even solved the J/TK problem:p. Can't wait to read the next chapter, and then the sequel... keep it coming!:)

22. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Fantastic job! The stag and bachelorette parties were hilarious - that Kyp! And the wedding was beautifully done.

As for the ending ... Yay! And what a surprise! Wonderful.

oldj

23. cheersweetie27

Jul 20, 2003
    MichaelSolo-
    Sure, Jedi can feint! :rolleyes: lol.

Lola64-
    Thanks! Yep, Wyn deserves some happiness.

FelsGoddess-
    Hehe. Thanks.

goddess45-
    Yay, I'm not a mean author anymore!!

Briman-
    Aw, thanks.[face_blush]

johnselena-
    Thanks. Don't worry, I will definately keep them coming!!

oldjedinurse-
    Thank you!!

24. s_skywalker

s_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    yay!! great job!!

25. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    cheersweeite27, .... WHY!?!? .....

I NEED a sequel! PLEASE! Oi, wait, you alreday said it's coming. :p

I [face_love] this update!