main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "As Time Moves On" -- Prize fic. Sky/Solos. Part 2/2.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 20, 2016.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha -- with usual disclaimer.

As a prize for x_SwordoftheJedi_x who wanted a happy family setting for the Sky/Solos with Allana and her nexu Anjie up to mischief. ;)

~~!

I will never believe that nexu are tamed. They're just biding their time to turn on their "owners" and make lunch out of them - Jaina mused watching Allana dash after Anjie before she could get into Tahiri's flower garden.

Through all the years and missions, Tahiri had stayed close friends with the Solos. They'd de facto adopted her as a second daughter and an unofficial sister for Jaina.

Jaina was perched on a bench that ran alongside the garden path looking at her 'padd screen. She frowned at the curt note from Jag. Their on-off relationship was getting on her nerves!

This family dinner celebrating the anniversary of her aunt and uncle was definitely good for taking her mind off that tangled mess of a relationship.

She smirked when she thought of Luke and Mara. They were as smitten as ever they had been even after all these years. She was so glad that a failed hyperdrive had kept her aunt from going after Jacen long enough for her to reconsider going off alone... Luke had scolded his wife for even contemplating such a thing.

Mara had chalked it up to a momentary resurgence of her knee-jerk independent streak.

Thanks to what had seemed to be an inconvenience at the very least, they had gone off together and faced down Darth Caedus and defeated him.

This, incidentally, had saved Jaina the trouble of having to confront him herself, a nightmare which had haunted her waking and asleep - to be honest.

One less thing to weigh upon her conscience, Jaina concluded as a deep voice interrupted her reverie.

"Jaina... you're parsecs away. I've been calling you for the last half minute."

Jaina felt a flush heat her cheeks as she looked up into the vibrant green eyes of Kyp Durron. She should've known he was there! It was a sign of her depth of concentration and recollecting of the past that she hadn't felt him tingling along her veins.

"Sorry." She apologized. "I didn't know you had an invitation."

"I was dropping off something for Luke to look at when he had a spare moment and Han asked me to stay for third-meal with the rest of you guys.""

Jaina teased, "I'm surprised Mom didn't object."

"Hey, she has stopped the overt avoidance long since." Kyp replied with a shrug.

"Yeah, but the barely tolerating isn't much better." Jaina said. "You know, the cool civility?"

Kyp nodded with a sigh. "Yeah, but I guess she figures I'm a step up from Jag - at least for the moment."

"Yes, and in that -- she and Dad see eye to eye." She flicked off the 'padd and stood, stretching out the kinks in her shoulders. "Come on. Let's go in."

+++++

TBC ...

2. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Nice! I like your view of what should have happened with Jacen. Keep L/M together forever!

Now we get to see how capable Jaina will be!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :D

~~!

Mara's jade eyes danced as she caught Luke and Allana eating raw dessert batter. Who's the youngling in here? She thought with an inner swell of amusement.

She shooed Allana out of the kitchen and told Luke he was not being a good role model. He put on his most "who me" expression and she gave him a mock-glower. The one that said you can't fool me with that look. He laughed and said through their softly warm Force bond: That look doesn't fool me either, Mar.

She gave a sigh of feigned frustration. "What am I going to do with you, Farmboy?"

"Ask me that later." He retorted and kissed her soundly.

Incorrigible, that's what he was.

The next day Kyp cornered Jaina in the corridors of the Jedi temple. He didn't want to pressure her into anything and he didn't want her on the rebound. He certainly didn't want to be second choice, but still, he'd always felt a tug towards her and even though he'd stepped aside for the sake of her happiness - those feelings remained.

So he asked her to share a picnic lunch.

Jaina shrugged and accepted. It was time to see if the girlhood crush she'd had on Kyp would turn into something deeper. NShe found the fact that his feelings were beyond questioning a refreshing change. She could trust him implicitly.

Yes, it was more than time to move onto something, someone who would stand by her through it all.

++++++

x_SwordoftheJedi_x likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    This caught my eye because I am...thrilled by how your subconscious works. This creature is Anji and it's a she, while Anjie is a he and is a Human/Hapan character I've been writing a lot and am totally not in love with. :D

Anyway...an animal friend story is a K'VARK-CHAK (or eff-yes) from me, always. [face_love]

But this one here, on top of it, has this...surprising kind of depth to it. Whoa.

The more I read about Jaina Solo, the more of her mother I see in her - with one main difference: Leia has just one complicated, strange on-and-off relationship going on, Jaina has two. Just like she has a twin. Just like she has, as you imply, an unofficial sister. In her case, everything comes in twos, until it eventually, and sadly in the case of her having to kill her brother, comes down to just one. I can totally understand her cynicism and how the strongest, surviving and the most mentally in-tune one is alone on the top. :( And your subtle cues made me realise all this, despite how much of a Legends dilettante I am.

...and this is an AU, then? Right? In the original Mara goes after Jacen and dies...? #episstupid

And theeeeeeeeeere is Kyp! I've grown quite a liking for him from everything Dantana Skywalker told me and I dig him. Unpopular opinion or not, he's drop dead gorgeous and I don't even have to know what he looks like.

Not buying this, hehe. :p

And Leia's silence parallels the silence in the other universe, the canon one, where she also loses a son. The bittersweet undertones are still there.

Is Mara an ISTJ or is she just desperate to become one? *snort*

Mmmm...dessert batter! And I can totally see Luke thinking of this tiny little pleasure as one of the best things ever. So in-character for him, to appreciate every little thing that comes his way, even when it's dessert batter.

Yup, DEFINITELY an AU and I like where it's going. *eyebrow smiley goes here*

YES to more. Waiting to see how Allana and Anji bring everybody together like hyperactive Kyoopids on sugar or something like that!

5. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Iiinteresting. (Ewok summoned me, I read. Yay for K/J!) off to a great start!

Only critique: The nexu is Anji. No E. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. x_SwordoftheJedi_x

x_SwordoftheJedi_x Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2008
    Love it! Especially Luke/Mara! I never used to be much of a fan of Kyp/Jaina, but it's really grown on me recently so loved their interaction in this too. :)

(Sorry it's taken me so long to read this, by the way, I went on holiday for two weeks, and then I've been busy with college.)