main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

As Yet Untitled-JA Adventure

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Knight Obi Wan, Feb 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    I have not abandoned by other thread by any means, but this plot hit me (in the middle of my exam no less) and I had to get it down and out, so I shall be working on both.

italics indicate thoughts

//...// indicates telepathy

(titled added 04/09/00)

Star Wars
    The Lost Children

"He?s dead," the words seemed to echo, ethereal and unreal.

"Sure of this, you are? Saw the body you did?" The body? Was he not even a person anymore?

"I saw it myself, my Master," Sure? Of course I?m sure. How could I be unsure of the pools of blood on the floor, the smears of crimson on the wall, and the person wearing a white tunic that was blown out of the cabin when the hull was ripped apart by turbolaser fire? How could I be unsure of the gaping hole in my mind that for four years has been occupied by a warm affectionate glow.

"Where is the body?" Trust Plo Koon to be the one to want exact specific details?the perfect emotionless Jedi to a fault.

"I was unable to recover it," he said flatly, "The pilot engaged the hyperdrive to get the escape shuttle away from our attacker."

"There is no doubt then? You can no longer feel him?" Mace Windu was being kind is his own distant way. The questions were necessary in every reported death where there was no physical proof.

"I felt it when he died." It didn?t seem that it was him speaking the words. He couldn?t possibly be functioning enough to speak coherently.

Yoda nodded, his ears cast downward, the most outward show of emotion from any among the council?but then, it was a favorite Padawan that Yoda had lost.

"Hold a memorial, we will, tomorrow evening."

He just nodded, still unable to believe that this was happening. A memorial? How can I face a public audience when this loss sears my heart and rips my soul in two? He kept his face serene as he had always been taught. He held tight shields around his warring emotions?and he knew he was fooling no one.

"Dismissed you are, to begin to see to his effects and contact friends and family."

He bowed stiffly, long past ready to take his leave.

"May the Force be with you," Windu?s words followed him through the ancient doors that closed with actual hinges.

The closing of the doors was defined by an echoing boom and Qui Gon Jinn fell to his knees. This can?t be real? Obi-Wan cannot truly be dead. He reached again to that spot in his mind?the spot he had always associated with mischievous smoky blue eyes and an impish grin, but there was nothing there but silence?

[This message has been edited by Knight Obi Wan (edited 02-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Knight Obi Wan (edited 02-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Knight Obi Wan (edited 03-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Knight Obi Wan (edited 04-09-2000).]

2. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Oooh, goody. I get to be first to reply to your new thread.
    I thought for sure it was Obi talking to the council until the last paragraph. Great suspense, keep it up.
    And you'd better not forget the other story.
    Glares suspiciously

3. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Hey you don't know how to do italics?

just go like put a bracket [ then an i then a closing ] bracket
    then at the end of your italics words
    put a brackte [ then a dash / then an i then a closing bracket ]

By the way do I sense Obi-Wan toruted coming?
    OHHHH you have me intrigued.

4. Knight Obi Wan

Dec 17, 1999
    thanks for the tip JediKnight-Obi-Wan. Obi-torture ::crossing fingers:: I have no idea what you're talking about ::mischievous grin::

5. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    HA I knew it. heehee Obi-Torture.
    LOL You cannot tell a lie. heehee
    Yeah if you want to make your words extra dark like this
    do the same thing you did for italics except put b instead of i.
    and a smilie face is : then )
    like this

6. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    This is great, Knight Obi Wan. And now I know I'm not alone- you get ideas during exams as well!

7. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    Wow! This is excellent! Hope to read more soon...

And as for getting ideas during exams... oh, brother, don't get me started on that topic... I once was caught scribbling down an idea for a fanfic in the middle of a major algebra quiz. My teacher was NOT amused, but I couldn't just let the idea go...

Sorry, babbling. Suffice to say this story is really cool!

--Mara Jade

8. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Oh yay! New story to add to my list. This looks like it's going to be really good, too!

9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm assuming Obi-Wan is not dead, because there wouldn't be anyone to torture if he were. And that's the key word for me to stick around and further monitor this thread!

10. Knight Obi Wan

Dec 17, 1999
    Well Jane Jinn, we don't know if he was tortured before he was killed or what. The story will unfold itself in due time, my fellow Knights. I only ask for patience with my classes. The preclinical exam which I have referred to on my other thread had gotten pushed back until THIS week, so I still have it ahead of me, but my mind is not likely to be far from either of my stories.

Thanks for the responses guys! Keep'em coming! Believe it or not, your responses do affect how the story goes. They already have!

11. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    Woo Hoo!!!
    Another JA Story! I love you guys!

12. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    WOW! You really have a great start, I can't wait to see what happens.

13. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Hey Knight Obi-Wan I know exactly what you mean about replies changing the story. LOL
    The replies I got on mime changed the story alot of times. Hey replies help the writters as well as boost my pathetic self-confidence.

14. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST!

Please?...

15. Knight Obi Wan

Dec 17, 1999
    Hey guys,

My apologies, but there may or may not be a post this weekend. I've had to run home for an emergency. Dad's in the hospital. If I need something to take my mind off things, I'll probably do some writing. It all depends on how things go.

Sorry guys, but I'm sure you agree, family first.

Knight Obi Wan

16. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Family always first. I wish the best for yours.

17. Knight Obi Wan

Dec 17, 1999
    Hello all,

Dad is doing well. He had to have a quintuple bypass, but no heart attack, so we're relieved. He's still in the hospital, but will be home soon.

I've just caught up with everyone's updates and I see that while I was away, the idea I had for this story has been taken....twice, lol. So, I can still do updates, but I will be racking my brain for a different angle to it.

I hope to have an update on this one some time tonite.

Knight Obi Wan

18. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Glad to hear your Dad's doing well. I'll be back later to check for a post, good luck.

19. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    heehee we seem to be all having the same idea at once. LOL
    Well just remember they all branch off in totally different directions. Right now I am really puzzeling mine out. I'm having a hard time deciding.

20. Flip A Coin

Flip A Coin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2000
    Hey! Its good to hear your Dad is doing better (hostpitals are definatley NOT fun..I could tell you stories.......)

P.S. can anyone tell me how to put a quote in a post? This padawan sure dosen't know how!

21. Knight Obi Wan

Dec 17, 1999
    Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. You're right, being in to hospital does change your whole perspective on life. I know, I've been there. I had open heart surgery when I was 14 to correct a congenital problem, so I know pretty much where my dad is coming from...anyway, more story...

When he had finally managed to pick himself up from the receiving lobby of the Jedi Council Chamber, he had numbly made his way back to their quarters?.or were they merely his quarters now? As he walked, he could feel the eyes and thoughts of the Jedi that surrounded him. They had all heard what had happened. Word of the death of any Jedi always spread around the Temple like morrts on a Gammorean. Many of the eyes and thoughts were sympathetic, the others, curious. It was common knowledge around the Temple that he and Obi-Wan had shared one of the strongest Master-Padawan bonds that had ever been recorded. They had often been asked to demonstrate the effects of such a relationship before new Master-Padawan pairs, usually leaving the crowd in awe of how much more effective both combat and diplomacy became with such a bond. It was the absence of this bond that Qui-Gon felt was slowly driving him insane.

Every turn of every corner reminded him of his Padawan. He passed the Room of a Thousand Fountains where Obi-Wan would go when he was upset. After bad training exercises, a poor test performance, or a run-in with Bruck Chun, Qui-Gon knew this was where he could find his apprentice, usually sitting under the Fountain of the Singing Swans, his feet dancing lazily in the water, his eyes watching the ripples as if they held the answers to his problems. He continued on, pausing in front of the Stairway of Enlightenment. When Xanatos had still been his Padawan, he had been walking past the Stairway during one of his rare downtimes at the Temple and was knocked completely off his feet by a blur of an initiate sliding down the banister. A six year old Obi-Wan had given a sheepish, snaggle-toothed grin after having been caught making a playground of one of the Temple?s most revered meditation places. Had he ever told Obi-Wan that he remembered that? Did his Padawan even remember?

Breathe, Qui, breathe. His hands had begun to shake. He wasn?t sure he was even going to be able to make it back home without losing it completely as he had on the ship?the ship. The damage he had done would be irreparable. The snap of the bond had driven him to madness. A wave of his hand had destroyed an entire room. Most of the cargo was damaged beyond salvation. Frankly, he was surprised he hadn?t managed to kill them all by destroying the ship. He didn?t remember a time when he had been closer to the Dark Side. The only thing stopping him was Obi-Wan?the look on his face when Qui-Gon had broken the news that a friend of his, a year ahead of him, had turned and been killed.

"I just don?t understand Master," he had said with a look of disgust on his face, "Why would anyone choose hate, anger, and loneliness over peace, love, and serenity. It?s just not worth it Master. It?s just not worth it.

Obi-Wan, you once saved me from a life doomed to loneliness. Even in death, you continue to save me?this time from myself.

After a walk that seemed too long and too filled with memories, he reached their quarters. He stepped inside?and into a new set of memories. He had moved to these quarters shortly after taking Obi-Wan as his Padawan. The old quarters that were assigned to him were too small to accommodate them so they had moved their few possessions together and built a home. As he looked around the empty room, Qui-Gon realized that it would never be home again.

22. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    You've done a really great job of capturing Qui-Gon's grief.
    Keep it up!

23. Knight Obi Wan

Dec 17, 1999
    well, I've solved my problem w/ where to go w/ the story and I think I like this idea better than the first....now, on w/ the story (slowly but surely)

Obi-Wan?s data reader sat on the table in front of the sofa. He had forgotten it when they had left a month ago. Your forgetfulness is going to cause you to be behind in your studies Padawan, he had admonished him sternly. Why did I do that? Force knows the boy is hard enough on himself without you making him feel irresponsible. Besides, his resourcefulness made up for it. He had accessed his assignments through the Temple infonet. Qui-Gon retrieved a box from the closet and dropped the data reader into it before proceeding into Obi-Wan?s room. The door swept shut behind him as he stood frozen just inside, taking in every detail. As Jedi, neither he nor his Padawan had many material possessions, but everything they did have was here. The bed was neatly made, the dark blue sheets and blanket tucked tightly around the mattress. His desk was meticulously, the terminal flashing that he had messages. A handtowel was draped over the back of the chair, probably from where he had cooled down from his morning stretches. Everything looked ready for a teenage boy to return and attend to it?a teenage boy who never would.

Stiffly, Qui-Gon set the box on the bed and opened Obi-Wan?s closet, removing his spare tunics and robes, folding them neatly, and setting them in the box. A few personal clothes hung at the back. He folded those and set them beside the box to send to his parents. They would probably be suitable for his younger brother to wear in a year or so. His parents?..Qui-Gon did NOT look forward to contacting them. He had not the first clue how to go about telling them that their oldest child was dead. He knew that they had lost Obi-Wan?s little sister just the year before to Yumaazian flu. Obi-Wan had been home for months trying to keep his family together.

He powered up the terminal. The last message he had sent came up automatically. It was addressed to Arica, Obi-Wan?s girlfriend for the past year. He shouldn?t read it, but? Arica, I?m so sorry about our fight the other night. You were right, I was jealous and I was stupid. I trust you to talk to anyone you choose to. I guess anything we have won?t work if we don?t trust each other. I know you don?t feel anything for Tomi. I wish I could tell you this myself, but Qui-Gon and I have just been asked by one of the senators to go on a mission. I guess that?s why I felt the way I did when I saw you and him talking. I?m gone so much that I guess I?m afraid that you?ll lose interest in me. I wish I could take you out to make this up to you before I leave, but I promise to make it up to you when I return. Love, Obi-Wan. So that was what had been bothering Obi-Wan before they left. Arica was the Padawan of Master Onyynx T?Lairen, the Temple?s leading historian, and therefore, Arica spent most of her time on Coruscant, while Obi-Wan was generally traipsing around the galaxy, following him on one mission after another. He shook his head, maybe he should have asked the Council to schedule them more time at the Temple, but he had firmly believed it was good for Obi-Wan to go on as many missions as possible to learn everything about being a Jedi. Too late to start second-guessing your teaching methods now Jinn. He sighed, clearing the message. Six messages waited to be read. Two from Arica, and one each from Garen, Reeft, and Bant. Qui-Gon left them as they were. He then opened the desk drawer. Inside were only picture holo?s. He picked up the first one and activated it. It was the first Master-Padawan picture they had had made. He was kneeling on the ground. Obi-Wan was supposed to have kneeled beside him, but had jumped on his back instead and the photographer had snapped the picture just then. The result was the both of them laughing, his own head turned to meet the boy?s eyes, Obi-Wan?s arms wrapped tightly around his neck. Qui-Gon?s choked remembering it. The next holo was of th

24. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    OH I feeel really sad now

Kithera

25. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    *sob* Don't keep us hanging like this.. tell us what happened!*sniff*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.