main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga As You Wish ... (Obi-Wan and Siri, humor) - COMPLETED 5/29 - author replies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SapphireBloom

SapphireBloom Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2005
    Yeah, I finally got to read the new post!

What a mess Obi and Siri are in now. I hope Obi doesn't have to be sold to Neyla, but looks like that's the only option at this point.

Can't wait to read more! Great job! =D=

2. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Great Chapter!

I love how calm and composed the kids are. They are great characters. :)

Poor Obi-Wan. If only they could get that collar off of him...

Lori

3. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Jedikma - There is no way Siri trusts Neyla and it will eat at her, unless there is another choice.

Siri-Wan - I wouldn't take selling him too lightly, which I'm sure she won't. No, she won't.

Senator_Leia73- Definitely not an easy choice.

Kitara - Hopefully a solution will present itself.

Stargazer-19 - I can't wait to see Obi-Wan's reaction when he learns that Siri is concidering selling him! Poor guy. ;)

ca_tron - neither would I :p

Kynstar - *yells out "Obi-Wan for sale" and gets trampled by the mob*

Indra - It certainly looks like he's in trouble.

Neo-Paladin - The Force may surprise you.

Gina - We will see what her choices are. Thanks for reading.

solojones - Definitely not feeling good about this. It seems to be a consensus. [face_mischief]

serindipityaey - He doesn't really have a choice right now.

sapphirebloom - I hope Obi doesn't have to be sold to Neyla, You have to admit it would be fun.

lori71 - I'm glad you like the kids. I've had fun with them.

This is the last main post of this story and is a little longer. I hope to have an epilogue up in a couple of days.

Chapter 16

Obi-Wan knew all too well that navigating a planet?s legal system took time, but he was seriously beginning to wonder if there was ever going to be a hearing. It had been three days since he had seen Siri, since he had spoken to anyone. Meals had been delivered and dishes collected in silence. Otherwise he had been alone ? just something that had to be kept alive. He was gaining insight into Anakin?s seemingly incessant need for attention.

He had to admit he was restless. Meditation was a little more difficult when cut off from the Force. Which is why he had some jitters of excitement when two officers came and bound his hands and led him from his cell to ? well, he didn?t know where he was going. He just knew that something was changing and hoped change was good in this instance.

He listened closely to the two agents flanking him as they walked down the corridor, one he recognized as the man who had accompanied Siri to his cell.

?I am surprised she gave up before going to hearing with this one. I thought she had a good case. She certainly had his loyalty.?

Obi-Wan took a deep breath, unaware that he had raised an eyebrow. He trusted Siri ? trusted her with his life. He had known she would probably be able to tell him little about the hearing process, but he couldn?t help wondering what the plan was now.

?I?ve seen it happen before. Sure he saved her life, but now she?s a little frightened of his capabilities. A new owner usually is a good choice in these cases.?

New owner ? it wasn?t what he was expecting, to say the least. It also left a large question of who this ? his- new owner might be.

He walked with the agents through large doors into a foyer. They stopped at a counter and one of the agents began to pull up information from a terminal. Obi-Wan kept his gaze down, but without being able to probe the room and situation through the Force, he felt alarmingly blind and vulnerable. He heard one of the agents say.

?I am assuming you still will want him Force-suppressed.?

Then a strangely familiar voice said, ?That was part of the agreement.? He was surprised. Something had gone very wrong if this was his new owner.

Siri had meditated and mulled over the limited options at hand and was running out of time. She had been patient, but the hearing was closing in and she had to act before that time. It was rapidly becoming clear that her choices were either to defy the Council by blowing their cover or to sell her friend to a woman she didn?t trust and likely had ill intentions towards him.

It was in that moment, while she felt helpless and pinned against a wall, that the Force revealed its hand, in its perfect time, as it so often did. The answer came in th

4. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Wonderful. :D

5. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Great! I loved it :D

6. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    Awww...Perfect!...If this is the last chapter I'm gonna cry...*sniffle* *sniffle* :_|

7. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    i'm glad obi wan is free, I hate jail, the thought of being imprisoned is so..... bad I hate to even read stories when beloved characters are imprisoned.

nice chapter and nice story, are we going to see any sparks fly between Obi and Siri?

8. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh you surprised me with Garen showing up. ;)

I loved how you tied everything up and Obi-Wan didn't have to deal with that woman again. :D

I also liked how Obi-Wan thought of how Anakin must have felt as a slave. And that Anakin was there to see his master being treated like a slave.

Great story! Can't wait for the epilogue. :D

9. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    I didn't expect Garen, either, but it was great to have him in there again. Looking forward to the epilogue. :)

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    great solution to the problem :)

11. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    obaona - Thanks for reading. :)

Senator_Leia73 - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Stargazer-19 - Just an epilogue left for a little fun.

darksideyes - Maybe a few more sparks.

Jedikma- Yes, I kept Garen a secret from you. I wanted to have Anakin really see why Obi-Wan didn't want him there.

Indra - You know, I have really enjoyed writing Garen. I was kind of hesitant because I had never written him before, but it was fun.

Kitara - Thanks. :)

Thanks for hanging in there everyone. I'm kind of sad this is over so here is a little fun to leave with everyone.

Epilogue

Anakin sat cross-legged on the floor watching his master. Obi-Wan was standing on a chair by the front door to their quarters, meticulously arranging pieces to some device he seemed to be building. He had been at it all afternoon and it bothered Anakin that his mentor seemed even now to not notice his presence. He got up and stood by the chair.

?Master, what are you doing?? he asked, trying to figure out the purpose of the device.

A brightness flashed in the Jedi master?s eyes; a child-like expression Anakin had never before seen on his face. ?This is a surprise for Garen in appreciation for all the off-limits childhood secrets he related to you while I was away.

?A prank?? Anakin asked, stunned that his stoic master would attempt such a thing.

?Yes,? Obi-Wan chuckled gleefully as he added some purple substance to the contraption. He stepped back. ?What do you think??

Anakin hopped up on the chair and looked over the various parts, understanding the desired result. ?It looks functional, but the design is pretty crude.?

?We can?t all build protocol droids and pod racers Anakin.?

?True,? Anakin replied, content with the recognition of his superiority in all things mechanical.

He hopped down and Obi-Wan returned the chair to the table in the kitchenette area, and they waited. When the door chimed, Anakin raced for the common room eager to see Garen?s reaction when Obi-Wan?s simple trap nailed him. He yelled ?come in!? as he opened the door with the Force, oblivious to his mentor?s, ?Anakin, wait!? in the background.

The trap was triggered as their ?guest? entered the room. Anakin?s jaw dropped open and Obi-Wan let out a pained groan at the sight of Siri standing there with purple goo streaked in her blonde tresses and down the back of her robe.

?Good job,? Obi-Wan muttered to Anakin. ?It?s usually prudent to check who?s at the door first.?

Obi-Wan put up his hands and smiled at Siri as he approached. ?Siri, you have to know that wasn?t meant for you.? He spoke as though he were an unarmed man talking to a crazed assailant with a blaster rifle aimed at him.

?You told me dinner at 1700 Obi-Wan. It?s 1700,? she snapped with barely controlled irritation.

?You?re never on time,? he said sheepishly. ?I told Garen to come early. I honestly didn't expect you for at least another 15 minutes.?

Garen arrived, taking in the scene and wisely decided not to laugh as he cautiously circumvented the victim who had taken his place.

Siri reached up and raked the purple goo out of her hair, collecting it in her hands. She walked up to Obi-Wan wearing a dangerous smile. He made no move to stop her as she reached up and rubbed the paste into his hair before wiping her palms of her hands down the shoulders of his robe. She then flipped her hands over to wipe the remainder on his sleeves. ?What do you think of that?? she asked with smug satisfaction.

Obi-Wan turned his head to each side and calmly looked at the purple finger streaks along the deep brown fabric of his robe. ?I deserved it," he said apologetically. "And ? I think you should get to clean up first in the refresher. Take your time.?

?How kind of you,? she said with deep irritation.

He reached forward and pushed a few strands of hair out of Siri?s face. She didn?t notice that some of the drying goo collected on his finger. ?You know, you?re ad

12. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    LOL! Oh wow, Noi! Obi had better hide very well. This was a wondeful story, I enjoyed it a great deal. Looking forward to more from you.

13. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    [face_laugh] I loved the epilogue, Noi. This was a wonderful story and I'm very much looking forward to that other fic of yours. :)

14. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    I can't believe that it's over. *sigh*...Well the whole story was great.

Master Windu had the misfortune of inadvertently walking into the trap last time,? Garen continued. ?That?s why we scrubbed the Council chambers with toothbrushes.?

Obi-Wan looked back down the hall, hearing his name screamed as a curse. ?I somehow don?t think Siri will be as kind.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I think she would have them scrubbing all the master's toilets with Master Yoda's toothbrush.

I can't wait to read your next story.

15. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh wow, you posted the epilogue already. I guess you are anxious to move on. :p

Well, I loved this story way back when you pitched the idea and you executed it wonderfully!!! =D=

The epilogue was really funny and cute. :)

And you already know I will be following you through your next story. ;)

16. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Loved Siri's solution in the last chapter. LOL at the purple goo. Poor Obi-Wan. I doubt Siri will let him get away with this one! :p

This story was just perfect! =D= =D=

I hate to see it end. :)

17. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I'm so sad that it's over :_| But it was such a great story and I loved the end :) Thanks for sharing!

18. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    No!!! It cant be over! :(

LOL that ending was perfect! I could see a purple Siri walking down the halls of the temple! [face_laugh]

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  20. darth-sleepy

darth-sleepy Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I found this a few days ago but haven't had a chance to reply until now. The whole story was so funny! Great job keeping it light and in character.

?Padawan,? he began, somewhat out of breath, ?Siri is going to find out very shortly that goap comes out of hair and fabric but the color stays on skin for a good three days.?

?Master Windu had the misfortune of inadvertently walking into the trap last time,? Garen continued. ?That?s why we scrubbed the Council chambers with toothbrushes.?

Obi-Wan looked back down the hall, hearing his name screamed as a curse. ?I somehow don?t think Siri will be as kind.?

[face_laugh]

Nicely done. :D

21. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    From the first post to last, this was great. Thank you for such a fun and amusing story. There were all the elements that make the Star Wars so engaging. It was a fun ride. Thanks so much for sharing your story. :)

22. padawan-grasshopper

padawan-grasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    Sorry, I haven't posted; we lost internet conection.

IT WAS GREAT! I LOVED IT! If it didn't cost anything to print it out at the library, I'd have done that by now!

-Locust(I'm telling you, the library doesn't do smileys.)

23. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]OMG !! SOOO FUNNY! I am sorry I did not respond earlier, but I got two cavities filled *rubs swollen cheeks* and I was a little under the weather. I am really sad this story is over, but I really loved every moment of it. It has become one of my favorite Siriwans.

Can just imagine Obi-wan and Garen hurrying to get away from Siri in the end. I would be rushing too.:p

Great job Master_Noi! This was great! =D=

24. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Anakin :( him seeing Obi-Wan like that and the guy then caused Obi pain. Not good at all...

I juz hope he can handle it later on...looks like he did.

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Siri did not juz... Oh man is Obi NEVER gonna hear the end of that one!! [face_laugh] I'd run all right! Run VEEEEERY far and for quite a while! [face_laugh] That was great!!! Excellent humorous ending! =D=

Loved it!!

25. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Koori - Obi had better hide very well. Yes, very well. Thanks for reading.

Indra - I loved the epilogue, Noi. Thanks, I wanted to end it on a light humorous note, with Obi-Wan still in mortal danger. 8-}

Stargazer-19 - I think she would have them scrubbing all the master's toilets with Master Yoda's toothbrush. [face_sick][face_laugh]

Jedikma - It's funny. When I pitched it to you it was more to find an excuse to make Obi-Wan be Siri's slave. It actually ended up with some plot. :p I had a lot of fun with it.

Gina - I doubt Siri will let him get away with this one! I think he and Garen had the right idea - run. Of course, he did leave his quarters defenseless.

serindipityaey - I'm kind of sad it's over also. Thanks for hanging in there with this.

Senator_Leia73 - I'm sorry it's over. Purple Siri. [face_laugh]

Kitara - :)

darth_sleepy - Thanks for reading. Nice name.

Neo_Paladin - Thanks for being a good reader and always pointing out such interesting thoughts.

grasshopper - I'll take your response even without the smilies then. ;)

Siri-Wan - Hope you're feeling better. I would be rushing too. Oh yeah.

Kynstar - I decided I wanted Anakin to actually have to go. I'd run all right! Run VEEEEERY far and for quite a while! He has to come back sometime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.