main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asajj Ventres.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by slimybug, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    This is a character that has long perplexed me. I remember her "dying" in the original, traditionally animated Clone Wars micro-series. I believe it was later reading that it was her that gave Anakin his facial scar that got me understandably confused.
    I had it explained to me at the time that, if you read a lot of the other EU, she has actually "died" and come back a number of times, but all I've ever seen is the aformentioned micro-series, and then the Clone Wars movie. Anyone who hadn't read these other things would be understandably confused at her sudden return in the movie with no explanation, and a lack of surprise by the heroes.

I was wondering if someone could give me a rundown on all of Asajj's appearances so I can watch and read them in chronological order and the the full scoop on her.

Thanks a ton,

Slimy!

2. KnightDawg

KnightDawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2007
  3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I wish she would just hurry up and die. I'm tired of all these apparent "deaths" she has. Reminds me of bad comic books where they have a constant villain throughout the series that always gets into confrontations with the heroes, and the heroes almost always defeat her, but the villain escapes going "Nyah nyah nyah! I'll get you next time!"

4. KnightDawg

Nov 26, 2007
    Pfffffffft [face_talk_hand] I'm hoping she returns and is finally revealed to be the mysterious Raspy-voice woman from the One Sith who showed up in LotF:Inferno.

5. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    Well, rather than just read a summary of her life, I'd rather just get a list of the actual stories I should read and read them, you know?

EDIT: Oh, I see there's a list of apperances at the bottom. Okay, thanks a lot!

If anyone could help me pick out the important ones, that'd be great too, thanks!

Slimy!

6. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Damn they never killed her off. It's a wonder she didn't show up in Legacy.

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Besides the original CW cartoon and TCW, here are some of the key Ventress appearances:

She appears in a lot of other stuff, too, but those are what I'd consider to be the most important. At least for the old version of her...

8. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    You don't actually know how her story ended, do you? Here's a spoiler for you:
    After being betrayed by Dooku one last time and being mortally wounded, Asajj was redeemed by Obi-Wan Kenobi. In her last conscious moments she told him of Dooku's plans to attack the Core and warned him to protect it. Obi-Wan and Anakin believed her to pass away in peace, however she turned out to be not quite dead... again. Only this time instead of returning to haunt them once again, she pulled a Screw Your War, I'm Outta Here and went for the borders of the known space. And she has not appeared in any stories set later.
    Most of us actually consider this a beautiful resolution to her story and hope it won't be trumped by TCW.

9. KnightDawg

Nov 26, 2007
    ....yet.

I've got a sick feeling in my stomach that they will ruin this in that hideous TCW cartoon. I'm praying that someday EVERYTHING from that show gets the non-canon stamp. [face_praying]

10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    All this hate for V[entress]-canon. :(

Asajj is just the female Boba Fett of the prequel generation.

That is, She-Of-The-Ever-Changing-Story.

Boba's got the Sarlacc. Asajj has got the multiple explosions. [face_beatup]

11. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Oh, I knew about that one as being her "final" death, but she's still alive and out there, which is a poor way to handle any villain. Think of how Daala was handled in the Bantam era (before she came back in LOTF and FOTJ). Or how Alema was handled in Dark Nest/LOTF. I just dislike it when villains get in a confrontation with the heroes, and the heroes think they've killed her, but the villain somehow survives and continues to harass them.

12. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The difference is that, at the end, Ventress appears to have actually changed.

13. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    In what story does Asajj give Anakin his facial scar?

Slimy!

14. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  15. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    In the original Clone Wars cartoon, her saber nicks Anakin on the face during their duel on Yavin 4.

16. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    Well, they are running out of time if so. :)

At least her back story wasn't completely rewritten for TCW, so it is possible that her ending won't be fully redone as well...

Too optimistic?

17. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010

Obsession is intended to take place very shortly before Revenge of the Sith, and Ventress was believed to be dead at the beginning of it. Most critically it was not stated in that comic 'why' she was believed to be dead. So TCW could 'kill' her only to preserve her for the future and not break the continuity of Obsession.

The key to this is probably ending Ventress' participation in TCW with the current plotline's conclusion, and simply configuring the continuity such that all other EU references to her activities happened 'earlier' (I do not believe this is a truly significant problem). The trouble is that I suspect it will be difficult for TCW to discard Ventress, as she is probably the best villain they currently possess.

18. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    You just described the whole Clone Wars era. :p

19. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    At least, those under the direct control of Lucas and Filoni [face_whistling]

20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    As for reading the article, I wouldn't bother. It's a complete mess, especially the new TCW retcons. :p

21. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    That...didn't happen. Not in the original cartoon anyway.

It was in the Republic comic series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.