main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asajj Ventress and Dathamor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediTrilobite, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Okay, I'm not the one for conspiracies or anything, but I was looking at this image and it made me wonder. Does Asajj Ventress have any form of connection with the Witches of Dathamor?

Figure 1:[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/13/13084.jpg]

We see Asajj on a Rancor, which is a species native to Dathamor, where the Nightsisters are located. Although the planet was later occupied by Imperial forces and later under Warlord Zinji, does anyone think that it might be possible that the Confederation had some form of presence there? Also, does anyone think that it would be possible that Asajj trained for a short time after being recovered by Count Dooku?

2. Jedi_Solo

Jedi_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    I dont think she was from danthomir. the witches are not the only people who could tame a rancor

3. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    No, I'm not saying that she's from Dathamor, she grew up on another planet, who's name eludes me right now. Also, I know that anyone can get a rancor and train it, but the question is does she have some connection with Dathamor?

4. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    According to the Clone Wars Comic ~ #60: The Origin of Asajj Ventress, she is from the planet Rattatak. Her parents were warlords battling for power on the planet. Her parents were killed during the bloody world conflict, but she escaped. One day a Jedi crash landed on the planet and he took a very young Asajj under his tutelage. Together they became great war heroes to Asajj?s people. Unfortunately the opposing forces succeeded in killing Ventress? mentor. By then Asajj was an adult. So it looks like she spent her entire childhood on her home planet. But the comic does not go into a lot of detail. So who knows if she ever got to Dathamor.

5. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Perhaps a Nightsister stranded on Rattatak and taught her how to ride it.

6. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    What I mean is that there's a possibility that she visited the planet after she left the place where she grew up, after finding Dooku and Sideous.

7. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    ormaybe she just tamed a rancor. IIRC, rancors are found on planets other than just Dathomir, though that is supposed to be their planet of origin.

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    What I mean is that there's a possibility that she visited the planet after she left the place where she grew up, after finding Dooku and Sideous.

It is very possible. She seems to be the type of person who would go out of her way to learn the various skills needed to kill Jedi. The Dathamor witches were fierce warriors. Perhaps she went there to train in hand-to-hand combat.

But, I personally have not seen anything written about it. But I do not have much Clone Era material, so I am far from an expert in the subject.

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I haven't seen any references to Asajj and Dathamor, but I seem to remember seeing the planet mentioned somewhere...

10. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    What is that image from?

And why, with all the great Star Wars monsters to choose from, do writers almost always, always, ALWAYS use rancors? Aren't they supposed to be somewhat rare?

11. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    And Tattooine is supposed to be a backwater. What's your point? ;)

12. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    The image is Republic 71's cover

13. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    There is a good reason the Rancor is in the story (besides the fact that I think Rancors are cool and haven't gotten to draw one before this... ;) :D

Hopefully you will get to see the book soon!

14. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Dathamor? You mean Dathomir? What's wrong with rancors, anyway. I prefer a good rakghoul myself, only because I enjoyed selling the only cure to a Hutt in KOTOR and condemning all those villegers.

What? I needed the $$$ . . .

15. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    And Tattooine is supposed to be a backwater. What's your point?

Shut up. :p

Sure, it may supposed to be a backwater, but Luke seems to be the only one who knows it.

I prefer a good rakghoul myself, only because I enjoyed selling the only cure to a Hutt in KOTOR and condemning all those villegers.

What? I needed the $$$ . . .

I didn't . . . but it was still fun. :D

16. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    We now know why Jolee Bindo was always jaunting away to the secluded sections of the Ebon Hawk while in transit...he was busy watching alien "erotica."

You'd be shocked how well "Selkath of the Night" and "Ride My Rakghoul" helps one pass the time...

17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    Shut up.

You know how I love to screw with you. ;)

18. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    Stupid Gand . . . I should've just left you to the monkeys. :p

19. Jedi-Asajj-Ventress

Jedi-Asajj-Ventress Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2004
    There is a good reason the Rancor is in the story (besides the fact that I think Rancors are cool and haven't gotten to draw one before this...

...but you're not going to tell us what that reason is, are you? ;)

I know that there is a lot of open possibility as to with whom and where Ventress trained after Ky Narec died, so, anything's possible...

20. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    I'm sure you'll get your chance, Esplin. If there's one thing I learned from Family Guy, it's that evil monkeys never give up. :(

[image=http://www.evilmonkey.tv/downloads/evilmonkey1.gif]

21. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Monkeys? Where did this come from? I'm talking about Rancors. 8-}

22. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    When I saw that comment, I didn't read the user name, and my first thought was to call you a "n00b". But since you're JT, I'll just have to say:

"Inside joke. [face_plain] "

;)

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Uh huh. No newbie here... 8-}

24. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    Curse you all . . .

25. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    I'm sure you'll get your chance, Esplin. If there's one thing I learned from Family Guy, it's that evil monkeys never give up.

:eek: Coolest. Pic. Ever.

Well, probably not, actually, but absolutes are fun. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.