main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Finally, a place to talk about all things Ventress.

What I want to address is the whole "rule of two" thing? Do the Jedi think that Ventress is a Sith apprentice and Dooku is the Master since there can be only two? If so, having Ventress is a brilliant strategy by Sidious to throw the scent off his trail. I think the show should play that up.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah, I agree with you, great idea. Although by the time of RotS they seem to have figured out there is some guy 'bigger' than Dooku.

They should do more with Ventress... and I don't just mean show her more often. It would be great to see Dooku training her... or have some kind of episode with Ventress, Obi-Wan and Satine. :p

3. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    We don't really know much about how the Jedi view Ventress, though it's safe to assume that she's viewed as a high profile servant of Dooku. In EU comics, they're sort of familiar with Dooku's acolytes, Dark Jedi who aren't strictly Sith. Would they carry that over in the series, or assume she's Dooku's new apprentice?

Would be nice to see more of her in fights and moments, I especially like the training idea.

She was involved in a battle against Kit Fisto and Plo Koon once in the comics....it'd be nice if they gave a reference to that. And how Plo Koon was able to beat her with a broken arm. [face_mischief]

4. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah, that would be some good continuity there. They already did the thing with Wolff's eye, so an allusion to that would be cool.

Oh Asajj. I hope she makes an appearance this season.

5. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Asajj being around Obi-Wan and Satine.. that could be interesting.

I think in TCW, Asajj seems like someone who tries to fit the whole dark, cool villain image, but in the end she comes out looking pathetic. I also think she has probably the worst character design in this show. But, at least she has one of the best voices.

6. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Oh, we know how Obi-Wan views Ventress. The looks on his face as he's gawking at her are just priceless.

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I thought there was one already... :confused:

That wouldn't make sense... At the time Darth Maul was killed Dooku was still in the Order. Besides, they made it pretty clear that if Sidious finds out about Ventress teachings, the consequences would be severe.

8. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    And with that, the topic will inevitably steer into a lengthy discussion of who Obi-Wan has the better chemistry with. Much like how Ahsoka has spawned character merits, canon and a fashion trend. :p

But on that note...yes, more Obi-Wantress, please (yes, I have made a pairing name XD). As well as characters to react to his reactions. [face_laugh]

9. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    How about Obisajj?

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I assume there is some division in the Jedi in how they view her. For example some Jedi considered Sora Bulq to be the Second Sith i.e. Quinlan Vos. She is, as it is, the Third Sith, definitely.

11. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah, it wouldn't make sense. The Jedi already know that there was another Sith out there who was the Master, AOTC made that clear if I am not mistaken.

12. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    But didn't the Jedi also not know who was the master and who was the apprentice? For all they know Dooku was lying about being an apprentice and is the true master. I'm sure Dave could figure out a way to explain/make it work.

It just seems like a cool opportunity and a good way to smooth over the whole Sith/Not Sith thing by making it an integral part of Sidious plan and an opportunity to do more with her.

Rather than see Dooku training Asajj I would even more like to see Sidious training Dooku. Sith training would be so sweet to see finally. [face_skull]

EDIT: As far as when Dooku left the order, do we know the exact date (I don't believe they were specific in the movies, which is really the only true source for the show when it comes down to it)? And even when Dooku was with the order, I don't think he was involved/around much. So to fix that all they had to say is officially Dooku didn't leave until XXX but he pretty muched checked out and was on his own xxx years before that.

13. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah, but since Dooku was still a Jedi when Maul was killed, it would impossible for him to be consider the master, unless the Jedi are just dumber then we thought.:p

Edit: I think it is already well known fact that Dooku left after Qui-Gon was killed.

14. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Where does it say that any of this in the movies, because that's really the only one true source bible for this show. And, really, can't a Jedi working under the Jedi order secretly be a Sith Master (in the eyes of the Jedi)? Sounds very SW to me.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Following that logic, where does it say that the movies are the only true source for this show?

16. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    I don't think the Jedi ever thought that Ventress was the other Sith. At the end of TPM they wonder whether Maul was the master or the apprentice but in AOTC Dooku spills the beans about Sidious. So that could have been him spinning them a yarn but they also know that Dooku's joined the dark side too and so presumably they put it all together and work out that Maul and Dooku are the apprentices and Sidious is still out there somewhere and they're still looking for him by ROTS.

It seems like the Jedi don't have that much respect for Ventress either. Yoda properly mugs her off in the episode Ambush and Luminara aired some choice opinions later on as well. So I don't think they ever thought of her as a Sith but just as someone who works for Dooku to a greater or lesser degree.

17. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    The movies are considered A canon by LFL, and thus the only true source when it comes down to it. Also, if you've been following any of the discussions, such as Eeth Koth being alive or the Mando stuff, Dave and George specifically have deferred to the movies over anything in the EU, though Dave does try to work with the EU as much as possible.

EDIT: CaptainYoss - I hear what you are saying, but, again, none of that is said outright.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Nothing they have done has been against the canon of this period (the Clone Wars). As such, the could very well consider the Micro Series as canon too. They never said that they are just paying attention to the movies canon.

19. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    [face_talk_hand] All ress places finally talk, a thing to vent about. [face_not_talking]

20. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I think it's up in the air as to whether the Jedi regard Dooku as master or apprentice. Although he told Obi the truth in AOTC, it was so incredible even he didn't believe it. Dooku never spells out specifically whether the Sith Lord running the Senate is his master or apprentice either. I really like the idea about Ventress being around to throw them off the trail of someone even more insidious.

It's tough to believe she's one of only a handful of chief villains in the show and still hasn't shown up halfway thru the season! :confused: But it's also a testament to how much they've shaken things up this season!

21. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    This is old, but i love Asajj, and wanted to talk about her.
    The EU backstory for her is quite sad, and makes her seem a lot more sympathetic than the show ever made her. Though in the old clone wars show, she often looked like she really didn't understand how far she had gone. Not that she had remorse, but that she wasn't ready to really be 'sith' just yet. I'd just like her character fleshed out a bit more in the show. I don't think they need to make her sympathetic at all, just more dimensional.

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I doubt they think Ventress is a Sith. She just never seems to be taken nearly as seriously as the Sith do in the films. For instance Yoda seemed amused by Ventress when he was able to take her sabers from her, and then gave them back to her, just to show how lacking she was in the Force. Had that been Dooku, he would have been treated far, far more seriously.

However, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope Dooku actually makes a grab for power over the course of TCW. I mean, Sidious killed Plagueis in his sleep. Now you've got Dooku who has an apprentice, a huge army at his command, he spends a lot of time away from Sidious' prying eyes, and he has a master that is willing to put himself in a vulnerable situation just to make the CIS look like a significant threat.

I'd love to see Dooku with Ventress get bolder. I mean Dooku is under Sidious' watch at all times. I'd love to see Dooku, through Ventress, perhaps launch surprise attacks against the Republic without Palpatine's foreknowledge. I think the one thing that really bugs me about the Clone Wars is how staged it is. I'd love to see unpredictability where maybe things aren't going Sidious' way as Dooku actually makes a sincere attempt to conquer the Republic with his forces. Introducing Ventress as a wannabe Sith just seems so pointless, unless she is actually utilized by Dooku in a larger plan to overthrow Palpatine.

And - IMO - I think that I would find it more satisfying if Sidious or Dooku killed Ventress instead of Obi-Wan, Anakin, or Ahsoka. Sidious could either do it to undermine Dooku's independence, after finding out about her training. Or Sidious could make Dooku do it to demonstrate his loyalty after a failed power play from Dooku.

23. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    My question is a simple one. Where is she lol???

24. Emperor_Gunray

Emperor_Gunray Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    She's probably taking a vacation on that planet Nute Gunray promised he'd buy her... ;)

25. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    Ventress is a very flat and uninteresting character in my opinion. She has skill, she has obvious evil intentions, but not much is known about her beyond that and that is mostly because nothing is there. She is the expendable heel epitomized. She's simply a filler in my opinion; ever ready to be inserted or removed from the story at any given time.