main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Random thought:

I just watched Cloak of Darkness, and was wondering: In the scene where she plants the bombs in the reactor, where are they all coming from? She wasn't wearing any form of pouch or backpack to put them in, and I think it's safe to assume she couldn't hide them in her outfit...

So, is this an oversight from the TCW crew, or is Ventress a magician? [face_thinking]

2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Thank you fistofan1 for pointing out that oversight to detail. You know, with the hyperspace speed discrepancy that we see in R2 Come Home and now this ?Ventress bomb-storage? discrepancy that you?ve so succinctly pointed out, I?m starting to get to the point where I almost cannot re-watch any of the episodes for fear of coming across yet more discrepancies that will shatter my faith in the Star Wars saga. I mean, do the creators of TCW really believe that they can pull some silly parlor magician?s trick by distracting us with something they are doing in one hand while deceiving us with what they are doing in the other hand?!

For example, I was re-watching Lethal Trackdown. During the bar scene, I noticed that Ahsoka pulled all those Republic credits (seemingly out of thin air!) from under her poncho. I was absolutely aghast and wanted to know just how she had so many credits at her disposal. I looked back through the beginning of Lethal Trackdown and noticed that she has this small pouch on her belt. Okay, I thought. Now there?s a logical explanation? she had the money in that pouch. EXCEPT THAT THE POUCH WAS ON HER RIGHT SIDE! If you watch closely, she reaches under her poncho on her LEFT SIDE where there is no pouch! I gave the creators the benefit of the doubt and figured they moved her pouch to the left side, but if you pay close attention to the rest of the episode, you can clearly tell the pouch is still on the right side! Arrrrrghhhhh! I was livid with anger! Again, the creators of TCW think they can just pull a fast one on us and we will not notice!!!

Would it have been so difficult to just give Ventress a small backpack? Is the technology behind animation that complicated?! But no, I guess we?re to believe she had the bombs hidden between her bosom or something. That many bombs?! I don?t think so!!!

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Rumblewagon, assuming your post is sincere (because the alternative would be to assume that you were just trying to be rude in a baiting way) you really shouldn't get that worked up about such a trivial detail. Yes, the show is filled with little iconsistencies like that, but most of the time we can easily overlook them on the basis that they don't really matter. Ahsoka taking a few credit coins from her hip when supposedly her pouch is on the other side is completely inconsequential, since we can accpet that she could easily be carrying some credits somewhere around her waist. Therefore the fact that she pulls them from the wrong side bears no real relevance to the events as they onfold. If she had pulled a huge DC-15A blaster rifle from her waist pouch, then there would be some reason for outrage. Fistofan's concern is more valid because in looking at Ventress' tight, pouch-less costume, it's hard to imagine where she could conceal some explosives on her person. However, not even fistofan showed much outrage over it, merely pointing out this interesting fact. So try to take it easy, it's not worth it to sweat over such small things.

4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    So this is based off of the comics? tell me more

5. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Okay, I'm having total Ventress withdrawl. In fact, I went to Borders the other day and bought Clone Wars Volume 5 just so I could read the Ventress story. Here's what I would like to see in TCW:

-A Lair of Grievous-type episode where the heroes go into Castle Ventress. For an episode like this I would like for Ventress' army to be seen. Oh, and the heroes shouldn't make it out. [face_skull]

-A mention of Rattatak. I mean, Ventress is queen of the planet, right?

-Development of her character. She may be a cold-hearted villain, but I would like to have the why explained in the show, building on what we already know.

-And for Pete's sake let's see her use that saberstaff!!!!

And just to make sure the creative team of TCW doesn't forget her, I propose that everyone who wants to see her in the future add a Ventress icon to their profile. (Because you never know who's hiding behind their screenname...) It'll be a Ventress lovefest!

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Please, no. Just let her never remove the skirt.

7. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Seconded

8. WinterSnowblind

WinterSnowblind Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2010
    As someone who's never really been into the EU, and only seen the previous CW TV series, I'd definitely like to see some more light shed on her past. Some of the things I've read here sound a bit too ridiculous to be included (she's the queen of a planet..? A castle? an army?), and I'm pretty sure the writters know to stay well enough away from this kind of stuff.

But it would be nice to see a bit more of why she's so twisted. All we saw in the previous show was her coming to Dooku, because she believed herself to be Sith.

But other than that, like I've said before, I actually think it's best to have less focus on Grievous and Ventress and give other villians more show time. (ones that can perhaps be defeated more often in a more believable fashion). When these two do show up, it should only be when they really mean business. And perhaps Ventress could be acting a bit more stealthy/assassin like.

9. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Well, she's technically not a queen. She comes from a planet constantly at war and at some point she assembled an army and led a takeover of the planet, making her a technical "queen". And her home is more of a fortress than a castle.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Bump.

Looks like the wishes of Ventress fans will come true.

Also, quoting our very own Barriss_Coffee from the Lit TCW thread:

11. cadbanerocks21

cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2010
    Like Ahsoka, we all know Ventress will die and she will be healed, blah, blah, blah.

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, unlike Ahsoka, Ventress apparently died at least twice (Yavin IV (old TCW cartoon), Coruscant (DH comics), and finally, in SW:eek:bsession, she basically renounces the Sith and flies out on her own to the Outer Rim.

13. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Not necessarily. Ventress has a conclusion to her character already, and she doesn't die. It's possible that will be retconned, but we don't know for certain -and I really hope that they don't; I thought that the 'fade into the sunset' end suited her well.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And why do you say that?

15. cadbanerocks21

Jul 26, 2010
    Um, didn't you look in the trailer with those people carrying her and we saw her ghost?

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I saw the nightsisters carrying her, which doesn't mean she is dead. And no, I think nobody else here (including me) saw her ghost.

17. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    No ghost here.

18. cadbanerocks21

Jul 26, 2010
    I'm talking about another trailer. Not the one on youtube. My friend went to Celebration V and he sent a poster of her ghost to me.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    You must be confused. There's no ghost of her anywhere.

20. cadbanerocks21

Jul 26, 2010
    I'm not talking about those one's that said "We shall prevail." I'm not talking about TCW, EU put her dead. I'm just saying also since she's getting healed.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    You just keep talking nonsense. First, you say there is a ghost, and then you say you're not talking about TCW?

You said she died and we see her ghost.

22. cadbanerocks21

Jul 26, 2010
    FROM EU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    THAT is what you wrote, buddy.

24. cadbanerocks21

Jul 26, 2010
    Did I say that was her, though? I didn't confirm it was her.o_O

25. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    In the Megatrailer at about 2:28 we see what appears to be Ventress and a nightsister that are "invisible". It is at the same part where Ventress says, "We shall prevail." It's obviously not her ghost and is likely nightsister magic but it does look similar to a force ghost. This could mean she is one of those three lightsaber weilders that attak Dooku and appear to be translucent. After all the one using the blue lightsaber does appear to look similar to Ventress as it appears to be gray and bald the other two look just like nightsisters as well.