main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    My brain hurts.

2. cadbanerocks21

cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2010
    How does it hurt?

3. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
  4. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I snagged this screen from the Season 3 trailer. Its toward the end of the trailer, and if that isn't a young Ventress, I don't know what is.

[image=http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/H_BOMB_2008/ventyoung.png]

And that older guy. Ky Narec her master maybe? Wouldn't be too long of a shot. And a couple seconds before this picture as they are twirling their lightsaber you can see his has a small ponytail thing. Just like hmmmmm Ky Narec? [face_thinking]

5. cadbanerocks21

Jul 26, 2010
    He looks like an older Rush Clovis.

6. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    With our luck Lucas wilk rename Narec something like Mast-Arov Entress

7. cadbanerocks21

Jul 26, 2010
    Isn't Ventress from Rattack?

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think that's the Jedi someone else mistook for Tholme, but yeah it definitely looks like a young Ventress.

9. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Yeah, he does look quite a bit like Tholme.

10. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I don't think Ventress's whole previous story will be overwritten and retconned. From a CV panel at EUCantina.net, they said that Katie Lucas did extensive EU research on Ventress's backstory before writing the scripts. So, I don't think she would go through reading all about Ventress and then change her whole backstory. Perhaps Ventress didn't come from Dathomir, but after the slaying of her Master, maybe she went to Dathomir for a time to maybe try and be a Nightsister, but finally realizing she wanted to be a Sith?

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    However, Ventress is not a Sith, and I hope you all know that. :p The only two Sith, under the rule of two, is Sidious and Dooku. She is a Sith-wannabe, I'll give her that. The original CW material did an interesting job showing her "wanting to be a Sith" persona.

12. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Heck, that was pretty much her first onscreen line ever. And Dooku laughed in her face.

13. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Maybe her master gets slain by the Nightsisters and she is "adopted" by them.

14. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    You know, I'd actually buy an explanation like that, or some close variation to that. Hopefully that's the direction they go in.

15. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah, I suggested that she learns, at the very least, elementary bits of the Dark Side and stealth from the Nightsisters. The actual comic that reveals her past says 'she learned new tricks from other offworlders'. Could very well be the Nightsisters, though it was long assumed to be Dooku.

Plus, it would add a link to the old Genndy series when Dooku compliments her abilities in infiltration. :p

16. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    The storylines with Ventress in Season 3 are some of the things I'm looking forward to most about Season 3. I can't wait to see her conflicts with Dooku and how she seemingly takes a different path.

17. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I honestly think there is more to Ventress' storyline in season 3 than what we see in the trailer. Given that she is a main villain in the show I doubt we are going to see her become an outcast from the CIS when, if the 100 episode limit still applies, TCW is barely past the half way point.

I honestly think that by the end of the 'eliminate the assassin' arc Ventress will somehow prove her worth and the show will continue as if nothing happened.

18. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    That's what I'm most afraid of. I HATE it when a show insist of maintaining the status quo, thus sacrificing storytelling, character growth and even logic. I can understand it in comedy shows where those things are not very important, like The Simpsons, but it gets old fast with shows like this one. I hope they allow the story to evolve and progress. I hope that's what they meant by some of the CV comments about "moving along the timeline" or something like that.

Ventress is not an incredibly important character in the Star Wars saga. We could very well be done with her by the end of this season. One less villain will not hinder the Clone Wars. Heck, we saw no sign of her in Season 2, and I didn't hear too much complaining. If the story goes in the direction that Ventress has a falling out with the Seps, then let's have that to the full! Don't cop out and have them make friends by the end of the story arc.

19. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I agree about the status quo for shows like this. Though it helps that compared to the rest of the characters, Ventress' impact on the films and future are fairly vague despite her larger EU presence, so she has more liberty than the likes of Dooku or Grievous.

I'm not sure if they'll go with the 'falling out with the Seps' storyline for too long, though, as the simplest reason is that they'd want her in their roster for future battles. Still, I'd like to see her be a 'wildcard' for a little while, though if she must return to the Separatists, maybe redeem herself or even be kept by Dooku as an ace in the hole, hopefully she'll have had a good run away from them.

20. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Honestly though, this is one of those F'd if they do, F'd if they don't moments. If they stick to what is established then their hands are tied as far as story-telling goes, and if they add a surprise twist like her leaving the separatists, or maybe even dying, then they will have the continuity police on them.

21. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006
    If there is a permanent change, Ventress should either leave the Sith, or rejoin Darth Tyranus as his chosen apprentice. Things could become interesting if Tyranus outright defies the stupid Rule of Two. And we need also a dynamic between Sidious and Tyranus. They have to talk about the aftermath of the war from time to time. And Tyranus should make his own thoughts. We know that he didn't see Sidious' betrayal coming, but it's still possible, that he pondered to betray Sidious. After all, Sidious is much younger than Tyranus, so the latter has to kill off Sidious if he ever wants to become the master.

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What?

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think he means Dooku simply can't wait for Sidious to die from old age.

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I meant the "Sidious is much younger than Tyranus" part.

25. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006
    Well, the official age of Palpatine is about 60 in AOTC, and Tyranus has Christopher Lee's real age at that time (about 80, if I remember correctly), so if this is true, then Sidious is much younger than Tyranus, and the latter has to hope for an accident, or finish off Sidious himself, if he intends to become the Sith Master himself.