Clone Wars Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by fanboyskywalker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    you'll see that i'm right:p Not really i can be totally wrong:D - but usually i'm good to foresee plotso_O and clip with invisible sisters (Ventress being one of them) attacking Dooku indicate that they are not Dooku's friends- Sith always betray one another and Ventress still thinks she is sith....... Savage is brought to Dooku by nightsisters but Dooku and Ventress are not seen together on Dathomir- and Asajj seem to arrive there first- Asajj is considered by Talzain to be "one of them" of course they stand by her and not Dooku who is just Sith who wants nightsisters to be his allies- Asajj is part of their sisterhood and they don't like outsiders like Dooku that "meatcar Savage" is not part of my realistic theory just one option but probably (and hopefully) wrong -however Savage may have his own plans as well as nightsisters but i think Ventress starts it all and it's her plan to revenge Dooku I'm not sure of Savage's role in this but preliminary info indicates his loyalty is not only for Dooku
  2. Asharak Force Ghost

star 4
    Do we really need to put theories based only on the trailer in spoiler fields? It gets a bit tiring to read.

I think Savage will start out as something of a double agent, being in league with the Night Sisters. However through Dookus training Savage will probably eventually stop caring about anything except becoming more powerful, and this will naturally make him a true servant of his new teacher
  3. Darth_Calgmoth Force Ghost

star 2
    My take on the chronology until now was:

- Asajj has an 'accident', and is left for dead.
    - Darth Tyranus needs a replacement for her and turns to the Nightsisters.
    - They give him Opress - maybe they also have given him Ventress, and Sidious most likely got Maul from them, too.
    - Ventress returns to Dathomir, and convinces her sisters to help her go after Tyranus.

I don't know where the whole green magic stuff fits in, but I could see Opress becoming somewhat of a tool against Tyranus after the Nightsisters learn of Tyranus' treachery - if he really intended to get rid of Ventress.

The minute clip with Opress and Tyranus does not seem to indicate that this guy could be a double agent. Darth Tyranus really has to work pretty hard to forge him into a decent tool.
  4. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Actually Ventress being hired by Dooku from Dathomir wouldn't be illogical with old clone wars- in Rattatak scene Dooku already knows her when she infiltrates to Dooku's viewing box- whatever.... nothing in episode indicates Ventress is native to that planet anyway- i think that lizard being who was with Dooku was more like native.....

But as said i don't think we need any more theories now we just need the episodes themselves:_|

I just cannot wait:)
  5. Darth_Calgmoth Force Ghost

star 2
    The fact that the other Dathomiri witches look very much like Asajj - not just the other invisible assassins, but also the guys standing around in the background of the green magic scene, and the Witch Mother states that Asajj is one of them and no stranger.

That could very well mean a retcon that Asajj is no longer from Rattatak but from Dathomir. But that does not need to be the case. Ventress parents, for example, or only her mother, could have been a Dathomiri witch stranded on Dathomir, and Asajj could have left Rattatak after she took control of the planet but before Tyranus arrived there to explore her origin and could have found Dathomir.

But I'd be surprised if she would get such a complex back story. On the other hand, the fact that she was an orphan on a deadly world makes her motivation much more understandable if she would have just been an average Nightsister determined to become a Sith.
  6. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Well official site has infocard which classifies Ventress to be Dathomiri so it's quite a clear that we will have a retcon of her being same species or same culture as these new witches (which are much cooler than eu-ones if you ask me)- Leland Chee however stated that Rattatak backstory won't be forgotten either- interestingly enough trailer shows clips with unidentified jedi and his padawan who is probably Asajj as teenager o_O so i think we will see Asajj having history with the jedi and witches both- making her much more interesting than average nightsister- that jedi can even be Ky Narec- actually he looks like him in the comics and it's said that Katie Lucas wrote the arch after extensive research of eu-material and Ventress has her fighter and outfit from the old Tartakovsky-series in which she is seen on Rattatak so i am expecting brilliant retcon that mixes up best parts of eu and TCW creating a new fresh backstory for Ventress... yeah maybe i am waiting for too much :p

but if Ventress is half dathomiri and half rattataki- her mother being nightsister casted out of their order or something and escaped to Rattatak- meets a local guy and has a child who is orphaned (poor Asajj) because Rattataki warlords murder Asajj's parents- young girl is then taken to be padawan of jedi knight and Narec is murdered too by same warlords (as comics tell) Asajj escapes to the home of her mother and becomes nightsister- receives tattoos of their tribe and train her to use the force differently than jedi
    then she returns to Rattatak and gets her revenge identifying herself as sith later to be found by Dooku as seen in old CW.... then betrayed by him return to Dathomir and plans for revenge... that makes sense to me....

and for Maul and Savage -retcon of them being Dathomiri Zabrak - while Eeth and Sugi are Iridonian Zabraks would be allright with me- it seems dathomiri zabraks lack hair altogether and their skin is naturally yellow, orange or red... still Maris Brood would be interesting to retcon- she has nearly completely white skin (like Rattataki and dathomiri o_O ) and she rides a rancor- which is native to Dathomir- ironic if she really is Iridonian Zabrak after all:p
  7. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    Bleh, Ventress isn't supposed to turn against Dooku. She was completely loyal to him all the way up to the Battle of Boz Pity where he tried to have her killed. And after that, she didn't swear revenge against Dooku....rather she was so upset and disillusioned at Dooku and the Jedi that she simply flew off into unknown space and was never seen again.
  8. TheFiffis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well apparently she does turn against Dooku. Go figure.
  9. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Oh yes and Leia is not Luke's sister- Palpatine is honest politician from Naboo and Darth Vader killed Luke's father.... no[face_shame_on_you] Ventress will get new backstory in this series and old one is flushed down toilet- i don't care it never was good anyway... but it seems that nightsisters won't be forceusers anymore either- that pisses me off- whole idea of them is that they use force differently but now it seems they have some random magic to use- good work George now we only need magic ring and guy who drinks through his head and TCW will turn to be complete crap like 70s and 80s star wars spinoffs:oops:
  10. IG_2000 Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't take George Lucas's take on things too seriously anymore. Sure he laid the guidelines for Star Wars, but its people like Gary Kurtz and Irvin Kershner who made it what it is (was), and all he cares about is the merchandising opportunities. He even said himself... "I firmly believe the audiences go for the thrill, not the story." Which is why Kurtz left Star Wars and things like Midichlorians were introduced.

Honestly, I hope sometime that the entire prequel era gets rebooted with a new director once Lucas is... out of the picture to say the least.

Not to boast or anything, but I think my personal "alternate canon" I've come up with which is more in line with what we learned through the original's novelizations is ten times better then whatever Lucas can come up with. That would be amazing to have the opportunity one day to write for a prequel reboot.
  11. TheFiffis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, if you can make a better space opera than Lucas why not make your own space opera? Not trying to start anything, it just seems that if you're gonna put time and effort into something...why not your own thing instead of bashing someone elses?
  12. whostheBossk Force Ghost

star 4
    So now all is said and done...what do we think? I believe she will not turn to either side. She will seek revenge and won't stop till she gets it. She will team up with Savage Opress and go after Darth Tyranus next season!

I can see a fatal death scene next season. Hopefully at the hands of Tyranus or ...a jedi?
  13. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Hopefully someone reboots entire EU and destroys it all after war between eu-fans and Lucas-loyalists is over[face_skull] (joke)

Nah seriously someone is taking things far too seriously now- no need to start any EU-revolution- 80 percent of EU's ideas is recycling George anyway[face_talk_hand]
    I let you know if i find EU that actually is better than George's stuff (there is bad GL-stuff as well- not saying that) - it's just personal attachment to some eu-story or unneeded fanatism towards continuity that makes people to whine about Lucas- he created this universe and eu should have never been created because it became a problem to both it's fans and fans of GL.....
    it's too bad you people who like eu are in problems now, i wouldn't like to be hostile but "rebooting prequel-era" would.... rape my childhood:( i can't let you to do that[face_shame_on_you] .... good for me i never liked all Expanded Úniverse anyway..... it is so far away from OT to me- it has different spirit than Lucas' Star Wars altogether.... by far we have to accept retcons so eu and GL's universe can co-exists- neither has right to overthrow another- well except GL.... who has right to destroy all eu if he wants to so i wouldn't start any conflict EU cannot win it's under George- he has copyrights to terms like Star Wars, jedi, sith, the Force.....

if we start some damn war EU loses and i don't think you want to destroy thing you like..... no one is rebooting all eu anyway.... Lucas just tells his version and we'll see how these two can be retconned without losing all stories[face_peace] ......

you just have to accept this universe is not yours- you have no right to decide about it- create your own if you have such a problem with this- you can be GL of your own universe but GL have let others to expand his own- we should be grateful he even lets others to do that...

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Funnily enough Swash, those of us who have actually invested money in books/comics etc. do enjoy them and don't like them being overwritten in an instant. The EU is in many ways the best part of Star Wars. Certainly the movie novels are better than the films themsleves.
  15. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Well i must say i cannot compare film and novel- never been really big fan of reading- yes odd as it is- people tend to think people who don't like reading books better than watching movies are uncivilised but i dunno they're totally different formats cannot compare- i've read all movies as novels- they were good- yet- while i liked the novels- i would choose movies over them- any time- i like movies more:D
    books are just books... they have no music, no visuals... just story.... people who read the same book cannot even agree about what happened- people who see movie saw same thing..... totally different thing.....
    I'm not saying overwriting EU is a good thing but overwriting whole prequel era is ridiculous and would ruin that Star Wars i grew up with totally..... that i was against here not eu itself...
  16. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 5
    Anybody have predictions on Ventress' choices or fate in season four?
  17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd honestly be surprised if we see her at all in S4, her departure at the end of Witches of the Mist seemed pretty final to me. I think I've already mentioned this, but I think her ending in that ep was Katie Lucas' twist on the original ending for Ventress in Obsession, whereby she just gives up and runs away from the war.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 5
    No more Ventress ... at all?

[face_worried] ... [face_plain] ... :_|
  19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Don't take my word on it, it's just my personal theory. But seeing as she's left the CIS now, there's not a whole lot more she can do unless we follow her around the galaxy randomly or if she goes back to Talzin for another Nightsisters episode.
  20. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll be sad if you're right. But if you are right, I think Savage Opress has much better chances of lasting to season five. Which I count as a positive.
  21. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I believe Filoni said at WonderCon that we will be seeing more Asajj.
  22. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Yes i think it is confirmed that we WILL SEE ASAJJ again...
  23. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    So with Dave Filoni confirming that Ventress will be in season 4 how exactly are they
    going to continue her story because in Witches of the Mist the way they let her escape seemed like she was done for good. Are they going to bring her back as like a rogue or on the republic's side or something like that???
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 5
    I highly doubt we'll be seeing her working for the Republic or becoming a Jedi again. Unfortunately, I think the best we can expect is for her to be a rogue. She'll be able to see Russia from her house. I wish they had waited till later in the series to cut her alignment with the Sith...
  25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5