main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Even though they are portrayed this way in the movies? Like in the beginning of AOTC when they're chatting about Padme? Or after saving Palpatine when they were cracking jokes with each other?

You mean like when he was trying to smooth things over between Anakin and the Council?

"Anakin I am on your side".

You mean like this scene?

OBI-WAN: I am concerned for my Padawan. He is not ready to be given this assignment on his own yet.

YODA: The Council is confident in this decision, Obi-Wan.

MACE WINDU: The boy has exceptional skills.

OBI-WAN: But he still has much to learn, Master. His abilities have made him...arrogant.

YODA: Yes, yes. It's a flaw more and more common among Jedi. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones.

MACE WINDU: Remember, Obi-Wan. If the prophecy is true, your apprentice is the only one who can bring the Force back into balance.

or after the Council gave Anakin the assignment to spy on Palpatine Obi-Wan went to Yoda and Mace and said this:

OBI-WAN: Anakin did not take to his assignment with much enthusiasm.

We knew, but Kenobi didn't. He didn't witness it and Anakin didn't tell him.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ^ agreed with CT for once:p but let's continue that in Obi-thread shall we.....

Tarkas you still haven't cleared it up how Ventress "sees russia from her house" or is rogue don't get it...

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Someone else referred to Ventress as a rogue, which is what the person who used that line described herself as. It's really not very complicated.

4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    If you don't know Sarah Palin, you won't get what Tarkas is saying.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I know who Sarah Palin is and my head was lost with his obscure "American inside joke" reference.

6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I didn't say you don't who Sarah Palin is. My post was not directed specifically at you, I would have quoted you if that was my intention. It was a general post. [face_peace]

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Is this Ventress in TCW -thread or general Sarah Palin -discussion thread?

I cannot still see any "funny joke" in comment Tarkas made - while i see know what he meant- but random Sarah Palin references are not fun and question is: what the heck they have to do with Asajj or TCW??

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Hey mods do you think you could rename this thread "Sarah Palin in the Clone Wars discussion thread" for us?

Thanks.

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I never thought it was aimed at me, I was just sharing my opinion.

10. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Don't we already have a thread about Padme?

11. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    The words Rogue and Maverick have been marred for Americans since the last presidential debate. The Republican candidates (and especially Sarah Palin who ran for Vice President) used both terms to describe their style of governance. Those who like them think it makes sense, those who don't think it makes no sense, either way it remains in the cultural collective consciousness. Especially since Palin is still the subject of mockery from the left, and still admired and rooted for by the right.

And the 'Russia from my house' thing was actually just on the sketch show Saturday Night Live, but was satirizing the fact that she once mentioned the close proximity of Alaska (her home state) to Russia as a reason why she'd count as experienced in international affairs. The real incident has been replaced in popular knowledge by the joke, with a lot of Americans thinking that quote to be a real one.

There, that's all you need to know about that.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^that just confirms how americacentred in-joke it was[face_flag]

not suitable for international forum IMO...

but could we please stop talking about it now?:p

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Guys -- leave the real world politics out of this thread. Last warning.

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Where do you think we'll see Asajj next?

Does she still try to kill Dooku? Would be fun if show would return to Rattatak (they made model for it) and show Asajj there- retcon away some problems maybe....but well probably it would cause only more problems:p ....

But i would like that idea- she returned to Dathomir once so why not Rattatak- after all that is her another home....and is she still trusting Talzin after Savage betrayed her?

or maybe she goes to politics and leads CIS-revolution against Dooku:p

15. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    Sorry about political stuff, wasn't actually trying to get involved but explain.

On Ventress, to me, the way Rattatack was retconned renders it impossible to revive and we'll have to just go with it, which sucks but going back now would really make no sense whatsoever.

I'm fairly certain she'll run back to Dathomir and Mother Talzin, because one of Ventresses most defined character traits is her dependence. She turns to the dark in both of her back-stories because her master died, and when she turns she doesn't go on a lone quest, she immediately seeks a master, whom she trusts even though he mocked her and shocked her almost to death (CW). When she's finally betrayed by Dooku it hurts her far deeper than i think it would another apprentice, who would still want revenge but not on the caliber Ventress does. And once again, she doesn't attempt to fight him on her own, but needs to fall into the emotional support (and manipulation) of Talzin, who she also relies on to do the strategic thinking, and doesn't go after Dooku alone. So she'll definitely come back to Talzin,

It would be a sad death for Ventress, but i could see her dying at Talzins hands, being no of more use. But not just yet, not until Talzins plans are more clear, and i'm really not sure what she wants right now only that it vaguely has to do with Maul. Stil, it would be a fitting end, karmic in a way, but sad. I wouldn't be surprised if she died before the end of next season somehow, but near the tail end. All the big bad guys in the show right now aside from Grievous have reasons to kill her. Not looking good.

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    well nothing after Narec's death but before Dooku was even told- but yeah there seems to be no sense for her to return Rattatak now....

I cannot see Ventress dying by Talzin in any way- Talzin is not Sidious or anything- Asajj killing Talzin is more probable- but well i think Talzin is tangled up in the plot against the sith and either Dooku or Sidious gets rid of her... but that's by far only my theory- after that Ventress could take Talzin's place but she could also get herself killed by Dooku.....

but Talzin killing Ventress... cannot see that- maybe she could send her to suicidemission but not kill Asajj herself

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Are people really thinking Talzin's up to something? I think she's perfectly happy being a mini she-Hitler on Dathomir. I don't think she's plotting galactic domination like Sai Sircu.

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I still think she is Palpy's ex-girlfriend planning personal revenge rather than galactic domination:p

well seriously i mean.... that would be awesome imo - but well.... many could think Palpy's character is in danger if we know too much- but it could be done in style- Palpy may have not ever been able to love anyone- but we see how he is "friend" of Anakin.... who knows what kind of ladies' man he was when a young sith apprentice@};- [face_laugh]

Maybe nightsisters helped him to kill Plagueis even.....

-all this would make Talzin a very tragic character really- then she would naturally die by Palpatine also... well this is all just made up theory-

maybe Talzin doesn't even know anything about Sidious that would be bit bizarre since she knew about Maul- she can also want vengeance of that Maul-thing- how did Sidious receive him anyway?

there must be something more in Talzin or that trilogy really is worse than i expected - since Talzin makes no sense if she wants to help Asajj and Savage both and she even helps jedi- what she is "evil mother Theresa?":p if she has her own plans then Savage-trilogy has more depth....

19. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I think she has a motive beyond just helping Ventress get her revenge when she sends a sleeper agent into the Sith lair. After Witches Of The Mist, Dooku can now link Ventress to Talzin. It's unlikely that Talzin would willingly become a Sith/Separatist target without something to gain from it in the long run.

20. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Huh. Never thought of that. Interesting.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Or then Katie Lucas just made it up when she went along- invented new plotpoints being explained by Talzin- while didn't think at all her motives.... but that's something i don't believe...

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't think that bit was thought through, as Swash said. But then, I never think any of it is thought through.:p

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I didn't said it wouldn't be thought through - quite a contrary i cannot believe they wouldn't have thought it through-

You'll see -there will be tragic ancient lovestory [face_laugh]

I think i will be disappointed to that what they really do with Talzin- i would like at least revenge to Sidious on something- if not for broken heart but something else- since looks like Dooku or jedi never did anything bad to Talzin or then she really should've killed Dooku once he arrived on Dathomir.....

But at least something must be done with her now- she hasn't acted like any reasonable character but fools around helps everyone and puts too dangerous things to mess up everything in the galaxy- if she doesn't have any secret motives that really sucks- looks like she doesn't care about Asajj really and what is "great destiny" Savage and Maul have- it must be something to do with Sidious certainly.....

Galactic domination doesn't suit to isolationistic nightsisters but personal revenge- that's something more suitable....

Dooku mentions 'ancient alliance' between sisters and sith- so maybe Sidious betrayed that alliance.....

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh sorry I meant more like a made up as they went along/improvised plot which meant certain things didn't match up, like Dooku being able to link Ventress to Talzin. It doesn't really strike me, unless if they do go ahead and develop this further, that Katie Lucas considered that.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    some things are not thought through but Talzin must have some motives to do all that contradictory stuff...