Clone Wars Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by fanboyskywalker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Loupgarou Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well, they've been portraying Talzin as a chessmaster, it's no coincidence we all compare her with palpatine in different ways. Because of this i'm pretty sure she has some larger plan. I don't think they're galactic-domination flavored, but something more intimate. I very much doubt they'd ever give Palpatine any more real backstory through TCW after keeping him so ambiguous all this time, so i doubt she's connected to him through Plagius or anything. Though i could see a larger vendetta against the Sith working, well of course failing but working story-wise. Whatever it is, i hope they've already thought of it and aren't playing completely by ear because we could end up with a tangled up mess otherwise.

I also would prefer Talzin not end up killing Ventress, i just can see it happening if they took the characters in certain directions. I could also see Ventress kill her, and perhaps they'll end up doing that with a throw-away line like 'we'll never understand her true motives' by Dooku, if they can't figure out what to do with her. Of course that'd be cheap, but shows have done worse.
  2. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Well GL is now responsible of accepting all ideas- and Plagueis is thing in movies that remained mystery- so possibly GL would like to reveal that since he likes to expand saga now- with Mortis for example- very origins and nature of the Force- origins and nature of evil in saga- Palpatine wouldn't be impossible either if "Mortis was just the beginning" as Filoni said...... Maul alive would automatically bring "cheating the death itself"-issue back -that would be automatic link to Plagueis and Talzin is old enough to have something to do with his death even..... I can see there may be something like that coming- but revealing too much could ruin things... i dunno but i see it as very probable option in fact....
  3. Loupgarou Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well Mortis got away with itself by being ambiguous, symbolic, and generally actually not revealing much at all. Basically, you could mold it to your pre-existing view of how things work. A backstory for a physical character however can't work the same way, not easily anyway. Perhaps they could hint at things, or reveal a small section of his previous life but still after he had gone Sith and killed his master. But i doubt even that.
  4. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Yes definitely not more than that anyway- but wasn't Darth Plagueis novel cancelled lately?.... It could've had something to do with this[face_thinking] - Maul is the reason why i think they may get in to this- and that Dave's comment that Mortis is "just the beginning"..... so maybe they actually reveal us something we didn't know...
  5. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It was revived last year.
  6. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    So it IS coming after all? Actually that makes it sound like it could've something to do with this and to avoid problems they cancelled it until episodes of TCW are written.... but maybe not... just pure speculation....
  7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Yup, confirmed release date December 27 2011. So literally just after Christmas. Perfect if you got a crappy book token like I seem to get every year [face_plain]
  8. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    Asajj Ventress is my favorite character in TCW. I had no idea that she was a Nightsister. I thought she was developed more in in the Nightsisters episodes than anyother. Though it was more of a background of her old life before she was Dooku's Apprentice.
  9. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, she wasn't a Nightsister until that episode. In all other Star Wars media she was a Rattataki, from the planet Rattatak. She wasn't a Nightsister until the "Nightsisters" trilogy.

It's a small detail I'm willing to let go, especially since they at least tried to stay true to her comic origins.

Ventress is also my favorite character, probably in all of Star Wars. *High fives*
  10. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Origins of Ventress' unseen father and reasons why he was given to Hal'sted (or something that brainiac-fellow) were left blurred but maybe her father was rattataki and she was taken to her father's home back then- maybe because of some debt or something... that would be plausible explanation still, but her mother is now nightsister........ but i was annoyed how all raiders on Rattatak were weequays:rolleyes:
  11. whostheBossk Force Ghost

star 4
    So in what capacity will we see her in the upcoming CW shows? I hope see gets more action and fights along other jedi against Tyranus or with some other help.
  12. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm still interested in Ventress (And very much so in the Nightsisters as a whole) but I can't say I like her character as much now that she's left Dooku. It's not just the change in her backstory, but it's also the limitations this places on her character. One would think going out on her own would broaden her possibilities, but so far she's been limited to talking about how excited she is for revenge. Besides, we know she can't kill or even come close to defeating Dooku by herself. In the past, I was looking forward to seeing her strive for the apprenticeship Dooku denies her in the comics and novels, but now it looks like the doors on that devellpment are closed.

As unlikely and potentially awkward as this would be, I hope Dooku/Sidious convince her to rejoin them. Not just for continuity purposes, but to get her out of her "I will have revenge" rut. Unless there is something really gripping coming up for her character, I hope she either reverts back to being a Dark Acolyte or simply fades away to avoid her death or something else that would alter the Republic comics.
  13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    I wonder what's going to happen to her when Savage shows up on Dathomir with his brother?
  14. EECHUUTA Force Ghost

star 4
    More then likely they will try and kill her. I know Savage hates her given that she made him kill his other brother, and Maul will consider her a lesser being as she isn't Sith. I'd rather they kill her at this point as unless she is going to get redeemed or made a clan mother, there isn't really much development they can do with her, to be honest.
  15. Riven_JTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    So, I just got to the Dathomir episodes of Season 3 a few days ago and I have to say... I'm really disappointed.

I've usually been indifferent to TCW changing previously-established canon, but what they've done to Ventress, Dathomir, Maul, and the Witches has been inexcusable. What were they thinking!?

Ventress loses a lot, to me, by being a Witch now (even though she's not REALLY a witch since she was taken at such a young age and never really knew of being a witch or trained as one).
  16. whostheBossk Force Ghost

star 4
    The question is what will she become? She is too powerful to just let go and not follow up with. I agree it would be cool to see her and Tyranus team up and take on Sidious, but now since we know she was trained as a jedi, I would like to see her team up with Dark jedi and fight against the seperatist in "their own way" without the rules of the jedi. Anakin can learn about this and appreciate it since he feels similiar.

She must be in a duel with a higher up like Tyranus or Sidious himself would be better.
  17. AhsokaMiro Jedi Knight

star 3
    I sort of expect, in the coming seasons, for Talzin to be killed in some kind of death-match with one of our Lead Sith Guys after she puts her endgame into motion, and for Ventress to then ascend to the Motherhood of the Nightsisters. I know it would conflict with the comics, but that's par for the course; it just seems like the natural progression they're working towards, assuming that they don't just give up and kill her because they've painted themselves into a corner with her, because that would *also* conflict with the EU and just plain suck narratively speaking.

Alternatively, it seems like Talzin kind of sold her out by siding with Savage, so maybe she's thinking she SHALL have her revenge against Talzin, too, and claim leadership of the Nightsisters by insurrection. Whether or not she succeeds or dies trying, it would at least be more interesting than having her go out like a punk in her seventh-and-a-half doomed attempt to take out Dooku.
  18. rumblewagon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I didn't get the impression that Ventress was at odds with Talzin because Talzin assisted Savage. It seemed as if Ventress had no idea - she's just launched off somewhere in an escape pod. But I don't think Talzin can keep so many opposing alliances: Dooku, Savage, Ventress - when they all want to kill one another.
  19. AhsokaMiro Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's actually what I'm most looking forward to in that arc: seeing how all those alliances play out, since it was left in such an ambiguous state last year of who's screwing who and who knows what about it. I just hope it's interesting enough to help me hold my nose through the Reanimated Maul nonsense.
  20. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    I can see this happening, Talzin will meet her end after attempting to implement her revenge against Palpatine - which has been set up by Wrath of Maul. Ventress could win back the trust of Sidious and Tyranus by thrawting Talzin. Thus the EU continuity could be salvaged and Ventress still meets her end at Boz Pity. Where Maul and Savage fit into that, I don't know, I just try to supress their existance from my mind.

OR

Ventress is killed which seems likely and continuity is further crushed by TCW. This is most likely what will happen. [face_tired]
  21. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    At this point I'd almost put hard money down on her odds making it to a prison cell between Bane and Embo by the end of the season.
  22. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    I just hope Gethzerion gets some continuity love.
  23. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Lets hope the Kaleesh kills him next episode.
  24. whostheBossk Force Ghost

star 4
    Here's hope that we see her again next season....instead of just fading off in the sunset.
  25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    I've got a feeling she won't survive this season.