main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asajj Ventress obsession thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Asajj-Ventress, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005

She was the single best thing to come out of the Clone Wars, and I constantly hope for another miniseries about her, showing what happened to her post-Clone Wars. Don't get me wrong, I was happy to see her survive, but now I want to know what happened to her!

Well said. Simple.

She will turn up one day.

2. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    I saw a discussion on other SW forums that she may appear in the Legacy of the Force. Or in Legacy I'm not sure. Is that true or just rumors?

3. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    That would be interesting, there are a lot of books to go.

4. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    That's true. Everybody appears when least expected in Star Wars. ;)

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    As a note, Asajj lovers, your thread is eligible to enter the EU Community Senate anytime. You just need to pick someone to be your Senator, and their aide, and PM me. For those of you who don't know, the Senate is a coalition of almost 30 threads (yours would be the 30th) that work together to organise games, tours, and general fun events. We host the Awards that happen once a year, for example.

For my two cents, I always viewed Asajj as Dooku's Sith apprentice; she has been taught 'scraps' and used Sith Meditation techniques to escape Obi-Wan and Anakin; that makes her as Sith as any Sith, in my opinion, and facing off with Obi-Wan, Anakin and Mace Windu at various points bumps my opinion of her to the highest levels.

May I also say, I hate people who spell it Assaj [face_plain]

6. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    This thread just does not seem active enough for that right now, though your offer my friend does have an enticing glint to it. o_O

7. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    I know I'm not active enough to be a senator.

Many say that Asajj was Dooku's Dark Jedi apprentice, but I think she has prooven to be a rightfull Sith.

8. General_Veers05

General_Veers05 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 16, 2005
    Asajj was not Dooku's apprentice...

She longed to be...but never was..

9. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    At best she was a Sith minion. Officially should could never hold the title of being a Sith... but there is evidence that suggests she did now various Sith techniques. Torture, breathing.. small scraps she was fed by Tyranus to make her powerful and useful, but still controllable.

10. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    Maybe if the Clone Wars lasted a bit longer, she could have become even more powerfull and even reach the full Sith title... Then again, although I'd like to see that, I don't know if it would be possible because of the Sidious' rule of two.

11. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Your right there is no way she would have been able to become a full Sith, though I think of her as more than a dark jedi, and more as a Sith minion. She was definately the most powerful of the dark jedi/minions. Perhaps if the movies did not follow the Skywalker story arc. With the death of Lord Tyranus, perhaps Sidious would have considdered her as a possible apprentice if Skywalker had died.

12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Unlocked and bumped at user request.

13. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Good.

Cause we are going to see more of Ventress, my fav Sith/DarkSide Lady, now that Clone Wars is out.

I watched Clone Wars yesterday and I enjoyed it immensely.

My Official Opinion

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Thanks!

I was glad to see our newest Sith apprentice was acting as necessary. What did people think of her new tattoo?

I reckon her biggest mistake against Obi was using the saberstaff combination - he beat that as a Padawan, after all.

15. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    From what I could tell, shes still not a Sith apprentice yet.

16. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Yay Asajj thread is back. She was awesome in the Clone Wars. She also is featured as my favorite Icon.:p

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    According to the Databank, she isn't, but she's been taught more by Dooku than Sidious is aware of - which heavily implies she is his version of Maul - a secret apprentice. ;)

18. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    Yes, she may know more than Sidious is aware of. but the books have shown conversations between Dooku and Ventress.

Dooku would not claim her as his apprentice, even in secret, because he was far too loyal to his Master.

I have a friend who thought, by way of a rumor, that the Clone Wars series made Asajj Dooku's secret apprentice. This friend was extremely off put by it, because of said rumor, due to the books and the established relationship between Ventress and Dooku.

I didn't see any evidence of a secret apprentice relationship. Especially since Sidious knows of her existence in the first place. Making her less likely to be a secret apprentice. Seeing as her very existence isn't even secret.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Sidious knew about Lumiya, but that didn't stop her being Vader's apprentice.

I'd prefer Asajj to be a Sith apprentice because of her power-level - she can defeat Jedi Council members, anyway. Which is why I was happy for Lomi Plo to be retconned into a Sith - her techiques required it, for me.

It depends on the movies canon location. Generally, it's after Dark Rendezvous, which is in 30 months ABG, despite the film being apparently in the first year of the war - canon is to be reorganised.

20. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    I think she was one even if dooku didn't want to admit it to himself. He taught her things of the sith and lets face it Palps with held teachings from dooku. In a way Dooku was only a dark jedi at times.

He never truly understood the dark side and I believe Ventress understood it much more then a former Jedi Master. Dooku was to caught in the jedi ways then he was in the dark ways....Although I believe the same can be said of Vader but Vader was much closer to being a sith than Dooku could have dreamed of.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Tyranus was definitely a Sith. He did everything he needed to, after all. He killed his best friend, slaughtered a ton of Jedi, and so forth.

22. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Exactly Sire, just cause he had a persona of sophistication it did not mean that he was lesser a Sith. I think it elevated him for he wasn't like many other Sith who were just mere marauders.

I also think that Asajj had more potential than Lumiya, but was not given the chance to prove herself. I think the downfall of Tyranus is that he didn't try killing his master, his loyalties were too strong though I know he wasn't thrilled with Sidious at times. Unless I am wrong please correct me.

23. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    Dookus greatest problem was he lacked the ambition to take Sidious's place.

Although Ventress may have known more about Sith abilities than was lead on, she still wasn't a Sith. At least, not in my opinion.

24. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    I think his greatest problem was that he trusted palps to much after all he believed that palps would recreate the jedi order in dooku's image. It wasn't until he discovered that anakin was the true apprentice that dooku figured everything out and by then it was over.

Dooku wasn't a believer of the rule of two and I still don't see him being a sith. Only in name just as Jacen Solo had been. Darth Raven, Bane, Palpatine where the closest ones to being true sith. Granted even Raven was more in the grey at times.

I still believe that there can be a "good" sith but you must walk carefully...

25. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    Its REVAN.

No, Dooku was a true Sith. He followed the Rule of Two, and believed in it. He said as much on several occasions.

Asajj IS awesome no matter where she is placed smong canon, but the dynamic between her and Dooku was that of Mentor and Student, but not of the Sith. Or perhaps more Master and Servant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.