main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asajj Ventress will we see her again.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Quinlan007, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

LucasBuiltMeHotRod Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    I agree Thrawn Rocks, but wasnt the mysterious Jedi woman described to have long grey hair?
    Also, I thought I remembered Jacen and crew reading that she was the "protector" of that planet, not
    a dictator. I would like the idea of Asajj learning the err in her ways during her refuge and attemptimg
    to redeem herself by playing caretaker.

I guess well just have to wait and see though...

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    We don't know for SURE that she's genetically grey haired. Also, she was the protector of Rattatak with her master for years before going dark so...it could be...

3. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Rattattaki appear to be genetically bald.

The woman in FHII is an obscure RPG character, not Ventress.

4. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Chop-shop? Wig? On the run from Dooku and then Vader, she really needs to hide those stripes.

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Oh really?

Who? And where did she come from, and who said she was?

EDIT: I forgot it said she had hair, I was really hoping it didn't :p

6. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    The book did. She's this chick.

7. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I don't want to see her again. I think of her as moving on from ignorance and pain and foolishness. She's a powerful woman with no direction. I like to think of her as having moved on, being a contributing member of society, with kids, and a leadership position of some sort.

8. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    FHII said her name?

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    With a mere strength 8 and a 10 dexterity, she could be suseptible to a half-hearted burp. Yet another name beginning with Y, like most genre names here. Looks Ysanna, which, also begins with a Y. Is there anyhting I like about her? :oops:

10. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Yep.

11. Knightstorme

Knightstorme Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2003
    If Ventress is alive I could see her minding her own business and then defending herself against a few Vong during the war. Maybe a short story would help clear this up.

12. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Damn [face_frustrated]

13. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Sorry.

14. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Side note: in response to LucasBuiltMeHotRod's earlier statement that he thinks it'll be Asajj, not Lumiya, in Legacy of the Force - you're unarguably wrong. The folks putting the books out have definitively stated that Lumiya will be returning in these books. Plain and simple, and hard to argue with.

In any case, somewhere I saw that Haden Blackman has plans to do something with Ventress at some point in the future - whatever that looks like, and whenever it comes to be, it's probably going to preclude her appearing in anything else that would give that storyline away.

- Keralys

15. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I'd like to see Sing and Tremayne's fates resolved, the latter was still alive during the Darksaber period.

16. BobaKareu

BobaKareu Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    Same here, I'd love to see Sing's and Asajj's fate resolved.

17. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It would be cool for Luke to find a force sensitive young woman like Asajj, but not as cruel, and get her to join the team. She could say her mom was redeemed by a Jedi named Obi-wan and she was impressed and wanted to try it.

18. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

LucasBuiltMeHotRod Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Keralys, well see. my Red Herring sensor is flashing wildly.
    Its just hard to believe that Del Rey would take this woman and make her
    part of the grand scheme of things. That would mean that Luke had an apprentice DURING the original trilogy
    .....that just screams bloody murder to me. its such a random charector to resurect that i wont believe it until
    LOTF1 is in my hands.

19. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Here's the thing: even if it is a red herring, it won't be in the sense that Lumiya isn't in the series - it'll be that she's involved in a different way than she said. They'd be idiots to flat out lie about something like that, and I guarantee they'd simultaneously lose a lot of readership and basically all trust we have in what they say. Do you think they're really that stupid? I don't.

- Keralys

20. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    She'll be back, of this I have no dount. 90% certain that it'll be in a comic series, as well. Whether it's in an existing one or one we don't know about yet, I can't say. But she is a character for the comics, first and formost. Her appearence in the tv show was pretty much just for fun, and she didn't really get any furthering of her character in her novel appearences. Everything important that happened to her occured in the Clone Wars comics... so, funnily enough, I think she'll remain in that format.

21. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    By "fate resolved" you guys mean "killed," right? Sing survives past RotJ. Asajj goes off somewhere.

Resolved.

Not saying I wouldn't like to see more to them, just saying it's not like we're being left in suspense, as it stands.

22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah, pretty much killed.

Two unrepentent Jedi Killer scum getting off scott free is not the Star Wars way.

23. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Meh. "Scott free" doesn't exactly seem to fit. Asajj repented of her ways, and has gone into self imposed exile. I'm not too bothered. Sing was a bounty hunter. If Boba Fett or Dengar's fate doesn't have to be "resolved" then I don't think hers does.

24. BobaKareu

BobaKareu Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    Well, it's a good thing I think differently than you.

25. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm sorry, repentence to me implies

"I'm sorry I killed all those Jedi" and maybe doing something to MAKE UP FOR IT.

Asaaj didn't repent, she fled from her former masters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.