main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asajj Ventress

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jordi-WanKenobi20, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    The bounty hunter is Cydon Prax, and the clone went down on Metalorn.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Was the Serenno comment disregarded then?

3. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    Where was the quote that said it happened on Serreno?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It was mentioned in Yoda : Dark Rendevous page 32

"the same Anakin Skywalker who, he had learned (Dooku)had recently killed a clone of Count Dooku on Serenno"

5. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    No - the quote is "Count Dooku of Serenno". Serenno is Dooku's homeworld.

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Whoops. And i was actually quoting that from the book next to me. Thats embarassing [face_blush]

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Also note that, while Y:DR refers to it as a clone, it believed that is to be interpretated to support the Force Doppleganger explaination from Fact files.

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Where was the editors to spot that stain in an already embarrassing book, I have to ask? You've got an explanation of who Dooky was there, and along comes another one.

Why did Dooky have to die anyway in the game? Just beat him, and he flees to fight another day. This determination to explain every little bip and bop is what strains the already-stretched quality controllers. [face_dancing]

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Apparently the game designers were told to kill Dooku in their game, so, tehre ya go... ;)

10. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I thought they asked if it was OK to kill him, not TOLD to . . .? Unless I misread every related thread wrong for months.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Sorta the same thing, but slight distinction noted and comment retracted ;)

12. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    did it ever actually say in the game it was a clone? it makes sense but i dont remember seeing it. the other thing is where did all these dark jedi come from you fight in it? theres trelox, some dark jedi lady, two male dark jedi that fight togethor. where the heck did dooku find these guys?

13. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Same place he found Vosa, Ventress, Bulq, Quinlan, et al--turned Jedi who didn't like the Order.

As to the NDA thing--didn't they ask to kill Dooku and at that point he wasn't going to be involved in RotS, so it was okayed? Or am I just making that up?

14. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    From what I recall of the entire two-way LFL/designer conversation, it was the DESIGNERS who petitioned LucasArts to make the game-Dooku the REAL Dooku, thus killed around 10 months into the war. George Himself got called in for a standing-eight-count on the issue, and personally approved it.

The game makes absolutely zero mention of Dooku's clone-ness, but it was one out of roughly all of *two* logical and organic ways to truly fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.