main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asajj Ventress

Discussion in 'Literature' started by slimybug, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    In-universe, her appearances are arranged thusly (on pre-existing Clone Wars timeline):

-3 Weeks ABG: Chapters 6 & 7 of Clone Wars Micro-Series
    -2.5 Months ABG: The New Face of War (Republic #51-52)
    -3 Months ABG: Mace Windu: Schism (Jedi)
    -4 Months ABG: Blast Radius (Republic #53)
    -4 Months ABG: Rogue's Gallery (Clone Wars Adventures)
    -4 Months ABG: Chapters 11, 17-19 of Clone Wars Micro-Series
    -12.5 Months ABG: The Cestus Deception
    -16.5 Months ABG: Republic #59-60
    -30-31 Months ABG: Yoda: Dark Rendezvous/Dreadnaughts of Rendili/Obsession/Boba Fett: Pursuit (sort it how you will)

However, with the forthcoming timeline compression to accomodate the CW Tv series, those dates will likely change, but that's the current picture.

2. Amrita_Glittersong

Amrita_Glittersong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2007
    Who wouldn't toss their skirt off at the first sight of Obi-Wan? :p

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Who indeed?
    [image=http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/Ulicus/ObiHotForVentress.jpg]
    But you can't tell me that's the face of a man who's not interested. [face_whistling]

4. Amrita_Glittersong

Jan 30, 2007
    My darling~

Honestly, I'm most looking forward to this movie because of Obi-Wan and Asajj's flity little duel. :p

5. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Obi-Wan's pracitically a unich, Anakin at least knows how to use his other lightsaber which is why I suggested him ;)

6. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Er the word is eunuch.

And judging by his "How me do that?" expression in ROTS when told he's a father...are we sure Anakin knows how to "use it"? ;)

7. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I seem to be remembering a Tales comic where Anakin and Obi-Wan are prsented with a bunch of half-naked girls. Anakin's tongue practically falls out of his mouth, Obi-Wan's all-business.

8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Oh yeah, I remember that comic, that was a funny one. Lots of funny shenanigans in that one. In the movies, it seemed like Anakin sure thought about Padme a lot, but before they were married, he probably let his eye wander. Its not like Anakin ever had that much self-control. Obi-wan, on the other hand, did fine in that comic.

In terms of the movie, I wonder if they'll pretend Ventress will die... again, like having Anakin or Obi-wan fight then she falls off a cliff. (I haven't read the novelization, and so have no idea about any spoilers, I'm just making idle guesses based on how this kind of thing usually goes). That's almost her trademark, aside from her crazy complaints about the Jedi, to look like she dies, though no body of course, then she just keeps on coming back like a... what's the phrase? Like a bad penny? Its not like a few more random return from the dead would hurt continuity too much by this point.

9. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Just seen it, I know what happens. I think she looks odd in hotpants though.

10. EUReader

EUReader Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    Wasn't she in the novel Jedi Trial? I think she is if my memory serves me right. She didn't play a prominent role though.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I hated that. She's supposed to be dangerous, not sexy. I don't really like the additional tattoo's on her chin, either. They make her look like she has fangs...

She spoke to Admiral Tonith for two scenes, I believe. But nothing astonishing. She was on the cover, too...

12. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Dangerous women are sexy. It's in the job description.

Though, ironically, I think TCW's take on Ventress is one of the least attractive ones.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Fine. More dangerous than sexy.

I do agree, however. But I enjoyed her for her lightsaber skills, if nothing else.

14. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Agreed with the above. Ventress, until now, managed to avoid falling into the usual cliché of making female villains into vamps. Hell, she even dressed pretty conservatively. It was one of the few unique things about her.

Now she has cleavage and uses "exotic allure".

15. Graestan

Graestan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2008
    So does Ziro. :p

16. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Are you kidding? Brian Ching's Ventress is endlessly alluring. I mean endlessly.

Also... she's a dominatrix type. You don't think she was only torturing Kenobi when she put that leather mask over his face do you?

17. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I can't say that I feel any real appreciation for her.

She's a bit like a living skeleton.

18. Amrita_Glittersong

Jan 30, 2007
    She is indeed; his art of her is definately my favorite.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/3c/VentressDarkJedi.jpg]

Personally, I think in the comics she strikes the right balance; not over the top in sex appeal like many female villians, but not entirely without it.

I laughed when I actually saw the movie fight scene, though it was quite cool. I don't think her outfit was really bad in being too revealing, though I think we could have done without the skirt throwing, as funny as it was. I definately prefer her more conservative and practical comic clothes though.

19. blitztrooper

blitztrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2008
    One thing really confuses me. Didn't Anakin kill Asajj for good in Tartakovsky's Clone Wars? And got the scar then.

She was horrible in Jedi Trial. I had the feeling as if they 'cut some scenes' with her in the book, becouse I didn't really se the purpose of her.

20. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I did not see the purpose of Jedi Trial.

21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    It shows Anakin as a tactical genius and that the Jedi respect the ability to wage a successful guerrilla campaign against a much larger force more than the ability to control one's emotions.

22. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Yeah yeah yeah, but that didn't make it worth reading. [face_whistling]

23. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

You're too kind, Katana.

24. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    It is so rare that you and I are on the same page Ex that I think we should make it a noteworthy event

25. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    He dumped her off a cliff and roared in victory, but she later appeared in the comics alive and well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.