main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asajj Ventress's fate (Obsession #3 spoilers) read on...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by clonewarseu, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Asajj Ventress could see a good plastic surgeon and then change her name to Mara Jade.

2. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Asajj Ventress could see a good plastic surgeon and then change her name to Mara Jade.

As Mozart would say: How can you fix what's perfect?

Ventress is better than Mara. In spades, better. A real warrior woman who doesn't always have one eye on the mirror, or use the force to make her hair blow around indoors.

She walks the walk, doesn't just talk the talk.

I pity Ventress, as she's had a real hard life.

And she doesn't go around deluding herself into thinking she's blameless, "innocently serving the evil ones". She knows she is, but the Republic has never embraced the girl. She's milking the ride for all it's worth, and in her mind, provingher worth to her master, whom the Jedi forsaked. She tells Dooku off, she knows his weaknesses, and his fate, already. She's a willing participant in her own evil, and knows it will lead to nothing, in the end, but she has to do what she thinks is right.

Mara wished. This is the character Mara could have been, if she was handled properly, and not retconned from a spy and killer "attractive and slender", to the Pamela Anderson, with "red gold" hair, and a terminal case of PMS when she's completely loved and adored, with no problems, wallowing in self pity, spouting sappy lines to hubbiness....

Ventress is the woman that we have been waiting to see.

3. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    " Why does she need to die? While it's already been decided, this would be a good outcome.

Kenobi strikes down Ventress, which will satisfy angry fans who say many feeble wizards fall to her in the most innane of ways. To all intents and appearances, she's dead.

Then she returns post-ROTS. The feeble wizard purge begins . . . "

Amazing. Excellence spoke about killing Jedi in a thread where Durge had been mentioned without making a Dunking-in-lave-class comment. I'm impressed.
    /starts slow clap.
    Wha?
    Not yet?
    I'll wait.

4. Tion_Meddon

Tion_Meddon Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004

Let me guess, in some post-NJO book Durge will return, flying the Sun Crusher!

5. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    That, or it's revealed Durge married Callista. :p

6. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It would be hotter if Ventress hooked up with Callista.

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It'd boost book sales, for sure.

8. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I know what the quote is.... But I really hope she's dead, at Anakin's hands, as seen in Republic. I just think that would be an interesting end for the mini-series. And would make Obi-Wan more of a "damn fool" than he is already being.

-Paul

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    2 can play this game, Soontir Fel. :p And to think I stuck up for you the other day. Someone said you weren't fit to live in pig stye.

I said, the hell he wasn't. The Fels are soldier material.

Only kidding! :p I told that so someone once, in a competition for the best jokes, after coming across that line in Conquerors' Legacy. My timing was bad. So was his; he couldn't laugh and drink silmutaneously. How he laughed and coughed together and still managed to chase me around that table I'll never know. [face_thinking] Ah, those were the days . . .

**Jumps to hyperspace while he can**

10. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    So more like the Nihilus de-masking than the Vader one, then?

:eek: The Nihilus unmasking was awesome.

"What did you see when you looked at him?"
    "A man, nothing more."

:cool:

Admittedly, a different kind of awesome than the Vader unmasking, but awesome just the same.

11. MrDuke

MrDuke Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2004
    So what did Durge look like under the mask? Does it even show his "face" or is it just revealed that he has to have the mask to talk.

12. anakins_right_arm

anakins_right_arm Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    >>>Ventress can't grow hair. It's against her people's beliefs.<<<<

does that mean she isnt physically capable of growing hair, or she just isnt suppost to... and if shes capable.. does that mean she lacks hair in other parts... and im not talking about what most of you may think sick-o's...

13. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I actually eoulnd't mind seeing Asajj survive Obsession (even though I don't think she will) and be in Dark Lord maybe.

14. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Right, I think I've got it!

If Ventress doesn't die, I reckon Anakin lets her go.

Somehow she manages to convince Anakin that Dooku/the CIS are right - and he lets her go.

It's all part of his descent to the darkside ...

15. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Kevin Anderson is different. Reality does not usually apply to his writing.

Reality doesn't usually apply in Star Wars as a whole. I don't really see why peopel try to single out KJA when all of Star Wars is guilty, even Lucas's work, of not being or following reality.

16. ChadCloman

ChadCloman Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    I'm reading Obsession, and have read quite a few of the other Clone Wars books, but I missed the part where Anakin supposedly killed Ventress prior to Obi-Wan's hunt in Obsession. Can someone point me to where this occurred?

17. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Republic # 71.

18. Gladiuus

Gladiuus Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2003
    Well, now I know what happens to Ventress... a caption in the Episode III visual dictionary (on Obi-Wan's page) reveals her fate:

DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS TO VENTRESS!

"Shortly before the end of the war, Obi-wan and Anakin attempt but fail to capture Dooku's dark side apprentice, Asajj Ventress, who remains at large."

So she remains at large? Sounds like Obsession won't have much of a resolution after all... but what does this mean exactly? That she goes into hiding, since Dooku thinks of her in the past tense in LOE? Has she been broken? Redeemed? Will she pop up in post-ROTS comics?

Anyway, if you're into ROTS spoilers (or buy the dictionary) and don't want to find out Obsession's conclusion, then I would avoid the VD scans with Obi-wan. I know it would piss me off if I saw that and didn't want to. :)

19. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Regarding the spoiler text:

I wouldn't believe it entirely. Preobably mis-information to throw us off as they knew that that book would be out before the final issue of Obsession.

20. timtoews5292004

timtoews5292004 Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2004
    I am not sure that it was in the comics or not, but I know that she and Anakin fight on Yavin 4 in one of the episodes of the CLONE WARS, and at the end of the fight she falls down off the edge of a cliff- anakin forces her off with a barrage of saber strikes, then a swift kick to the gut, and down the side of the cliff into darkness she goes.

21. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    /le sigh

And you believe this?

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The confrontation between Anakin and Ventress in the cartoon is set early on during the Clone Wars, and Ventress does survive that fall (think about how far of a fall Anakin survived in AOTC on Coruscant, for example).

She plagues the Jedi and Republic up to the last few months of the war.

23. Darth_Sprocket

Darth_Sprocket Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    <<She plagues the Jedi and Republic up to the last few months of the war.>>

How does she die?

24. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Spoilers: She doesn't. According to the Episode III Visual Dictionary, she's still at large as of the Battle of Coruscant.

Edited spoilers to HTR.

25. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yeah, having her suddenly "see the light" after butchering nearly twenty Jedi would be stupid. I really hope they don't redeem her too much.

Look at Vader, Luke forgave him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.