main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ascending - A Kyp Durron AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by snook17, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snook17

snook17 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2007
    Ascending - A Kyp Durron AU

This is my first story ever so please forgive me if it's stupid. In this story, the protagonist is Kyp Durron (duh), and it is an AU, mostly. I know to some of you this will seem nothing like at all like what Kyp Durron would do, but this story acually started out with a character i made up named Technece Trekki but the named sounded horrible with the story and Kyp was alot like my charcter and he is awesome in general so i decided to make him the protagonist. I'm writting the second half first because i think it is more important than the first half of the story. I don't own anything or anyone here.
    Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama/Romance
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EPILOGUE-

Kyp Durron was born 31 BBY to an unkown human couple on Naboo. He was 1-year-old during the Invasion of Naboo by the Trade Federation. Shortly afterwards, Obi-Wan Kenobi could sense a great power in him at such a young age and he went off to Coruscant to train as a Jedi. He excelled very quickly and at age 11, he had mastered the basic lightsaber form, Shii-Cho, in 2 month's time. This had impressed most of the Jedi at the Temple because no youngling had ever mastered a lightsaber form. They master lightsaber forms while under the teachings of a Jedi Knight when they are Padawans. Out of all the Jedi he had impressed, it opened up an oppertunaty for Jedi Master Mace Windu. Master Windu having succesfully taught Depa Billaba his newly invented light-side variant of the seventh lightsaber form, Vaapad, he was looking for another candidate and this young, hotshot kid from Naboo might be his apprentice he had been looking for. When Kyp was at age 11 he was taken under the appreticeship of Mace Windu. Kyp was estatic that he was chosen by the most powerfull Jedi in the Temple.

Kyp's training was very cramed together and rushed not only because Windu wanted to put stress on the boy, but because the Clone Wars had started and Mace didn't have too much time on his hands to train an apprentice, but he felt that it was Kyp's destiny to learn Vaapad. Mace started by teaching Kyp lightsaber Form IV, Ataru, which is an agressive form that involves lots of maneuvering and acrobatics and fast, swift attacks that are best used at close range. Some of the moves require using the force to use so Mace taught him more knowledge on the force. Kyp excelled at Force Push and would eventually learn a variation of Mace's Force Wave called Force Repulse. Unlike Force Wave which was a Force power that was basically Force Push sent out in all areas in a dome-like shape, Force Repulse lifted the victims off their feat and shot them through the air, and can be limited to a certain range so that if their were allies near by all they had to do was get close to the user. Kyp would also later use his knowledge of Force Push to become Force Deflect (this is probably the only thing in this story that I have made up, I'll get into it more as the story goes on). He also learned how to use the Jedi mind trick, a weak version of Force Absorb, and (not known to the council) Force Grip/Choke.

After Kyp finally got the hang of Ataru, he started going on missions with his master. During that time Mace started teaching him lightsaber Form V Shien/ Djem So. Shien being a form mostly used against multiple blaster-weilding opponents as oppossed to Ataru being used best against one, and Djem So being a lightsaber on lightsaber techneque that used strong hard attacks at long range and required a lot of physical strength to master. Kyp learned that quickly along with a more powerful version of Force Grip and Force Absorb and Mace taught him Force lighting. When Kyp was late 12, he finally asked his master why he pushed him so hard and Mace explained to him about lightsaber Form VII Vaapad. "It is the most powerfull, rare, and dangerous of the lightsaber techneque's," he said,"It requires a very strong knowledge of the Force and a need for the user to wa

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Welcome to fanfic! [:D]

You've got a really interesting idea for an AU -- I'll be looking forwards to how everything plays out. :)

Just a hint about something though -- epilogues come at the end of a story. I think you meant you say "Prologue" or "Preface." :)

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    It's definately an interesting start.
    I'm looking forward to reading more.

And if you're a Kyp Durron Fan, you should stop by at the FanClub. ;)
    We're always looking for new members.

4. snook17

snook17 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2007

Oh, ha! yeah that's what i meant. sorry i'm alittle slow. and thanks for reading

5. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Cool AU. I look forward to reading more!

6. Rosalie

Rosalie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    Welcome to the club!

And really interesting start.
    I'm waiting for more.

7. snook17

snook17 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2007
    Alright here's more!

Prologue (see i got it right this time!) continued-
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyp thought that mastering three lightsaber Forms was tough and thought that one more was going to be nothing. He soon found that he was wrong. Not only was Vaapad harder than any other Form to master, but some of the moves were just out of place and confusing. In Ataru, everything flowed together and every move was leading up to the next strike, but in Vaapad, it gave an illusion that the attacker was leading up to a strike but just stopped and moved on to some other move. Kyp thought that Mace was just playing with him in teaching him these moves, but they were designed to confuse the enemy. It took Kyp lots of time but he soon learned alot from Mace about Vaapad and soon found out why Mace had been teaching him dark Force powers, he taught Kyp that Vaapad wasn't just a form of lightsaber combat, but a lifestyle and that he should use it in every day situations. Mace taught him about a techeque of Vaapad called shatterpoints. This techeque could only be used if the enemy dwelled on emotions and since the Sith useually used emotions in battle, it was very useful. Except, the user had to "walk in the other's shoes" and try to see things from their eyes and get closer to their enemy. This also ran the risk of turning to the darkside, but the user would see their enemy's emotional weakness(es) (example: Anakin Skywalker's shatterpoint was his love for Padme). Vaapad was basically using the Jedi's anger and emotion against his/her opponent and using the Dark Side to their own advantage (if they didn't let Vaapad master them as Kyp soon found out that Mace's old apprentice Depa Billaba let happen). After pointless lessons that were more like reviews than lessons, Kyp thought that he learned all that was needed and thought that Mace was just holding him back or- to Kyp's disgust- waiting until he grew older. If there was one thing that got to Kyp in the Order was that there were not only age restrictions with what he knew he could handle, people condescended to him on a daily basis everytime he would duel an adult. He showed them how powerful he really was on several occasions but it only made the other Jedi worried about how aggressive his tactics were. He just couldn't win.

One day, Kyp went to Mace to confront him about this issue until Mace shooed him away saying that he had to make an arrest. Kyp could tell that it couldn't have been the usual arrest because he could sense anger and consern in his master's eyes. Also, Mace assembled a group of very strong Jedi like Kit Fsto, Seasee Tiin, and Agen Kolar. Kyp figured that he had to see what was going on and he followed them by flying a speeder through the Coruscantian traffic. He used a Jedi meditation techneque to temporarily seperate from the Force so Mace didn't sense him. He followed them to an office building that looked like it belonged to a politition. He watched out of a window and saw the group of Jedi ignite their lightsabers facing someone that had grey hair that looked alittle familiar. The grey-haired man ingnited a red lightsaber and Kyp jumped in suprise and fell off his window sill he was perched on. He grabbed onto a ledge but was slipping fast and couldn't use physical strength to get up, but he realized that he had seperated from the Force and fell another several stories. All the while trying to reconnect with the Force when, as he fell faster toward an extended ledge he used Force push to break his fall but still hit pretty hard and squirmed in pain. As he was trying to heal his own wounds he felt his master's feelings. At first it was of anger and triumph, then it was of pain and betrayel, then more pain and regret, then another surge of pain and... nothing. This all happened in a series of five seconds and Kyp thought he just didn't do the reconnection right and tried it again. He could feel everything around him but not his master. He thought nothing of it and climbed up the tower to l

8. snook17

snook17 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2007
    More Prologue (again I apologize for the length)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With his master- the closest thing to a Jedi's parent- dead, Kyp walked in a blind rage to the security holo projector in the building to see what had happened and to get a better look at the Sith who had killed his master. He walked up to it and hit the activation button so hard it had gotten stuck. He watched the entire thing unfold. He could pick out all of the Jedi, but the Sith Lord moved so fast that he could only identify him by the color of his lightsaber. Kyp still didn't know who he was except that he was most definately a politition. The Sith Lord had killed all of the Jedi relatively quick except for Mace. They fought untill eventually Mace had knocked him down on the window sill and held his lightsaber to the Sith's throat. By this time, someone walked into the room that Kyp had identified as Anakin Skywalker. Despite their age difference, Kyp and Anakin were pretty close friends and shared alot in common because of their aggressive nature. At this point in the vid, Kyp had some thoughts of encouragement thinking that whoever had killed Mace, was killed along with him. This was because Anakin was rumored as being the Chosen One who was suppossed to bring balance to the Force by destroying the Sith. This is what Kyp thought had happened, but as he watched Anakin looked as though he was yelling at Mace and trying to stop Mace from delivering the final blow. Then, as Mace swung down for the kill, Anakin stopped him by cutting off his arm. After that, the Sith threw Mace out the window with Force Lightning. That just fueled Kyp's anger and thought that Anakin did this to destroy this Sith himself and uphold the prophecy. He kept waiting for Anakin to strike but it never came. Kyp then thought that Anakin was preparing a surprise attack but as the moments went by, it never came. Kyp lost all hope and was even more enraged and shocked when Anakin seemed to be annointed by this scar-faced Sith. Kyp had lost it, Anakin, his friend, one of the very few Jedi he looked up to, the Jedi who was to destroy the Sith! had joined them! Kyp smashed the security holo projecter and took off in an even more blind rage than before and this time he was running.

Kyp was ambushed at the Temple by clone troopers but wasn't fazed because he new that the galaxy was crumbing and that everything was just wrong and out of place. He fought them back, letting out his fits of rage on these new white enemies. He managed to escape the temple using his excellent pilot abilities to fight off the clones. He spent the rest of his time trying to track down Skywalker and finaly found him on Mustafar. He traveled to the system and snuck into the facility that Skywalker was suppossed to be in using the same meditation techneque he used to follow Mace to the tower he was killed at. While he was there he found out that Anakin was injured in a duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi his former master, and that he had to be put into a suit that kept him alive. Kyp found this person that was in a machanic suit as he was bording a ship. Kyp ambushed him and took Anakin totally by surprise and they fought. Kyp was using both his own blue lightsaber and Mace's purple lightsaber against Anakin's own red lightsaber that now definetley stated that he was a Sith. Kyp did surprisingly well for his age against a Sith Lord that was once an extremely powerful Jedi. Kyp was in a blind fury and attacked more like a ferocious beast than like a Jedi Padawan. He held his own for a long while still being able to use some of Vaapad but Kyp had used everything he had against Anakin and was defeated. Anakin held his lightsaber at Kyp's throat and Kyp was expecting the end. It never came. Anakin was thinking while he point his lightsaber at Kyp. Kyp was Master Windu's aprrentice, he thoguht and I killed him. This poor kid was a good friend and not a bad warrior either. Maybe... and Anakin deactivated his lightsaber

9. snook17

snook17 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2007
    I hope people are still reading. I have barrowed the storyline of a video coming out in 2008 that features you playing as an unknown character called Vader's apprentice. In my story, that unkown character is Kyp.

Prologue continued
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vader knew that he had been tricked into going to the darkside and wanted Palpatine to pay. He knew that Kyp was going to be very powerful and wanted to use their friendship to his advantage. Vader asked Kyp if he wanted to become his new apprentice. Kyp refused at first saying that Vader killed Mace. Vader then said that he was only trying to defend Palpatine who -at the time- thought that he could save Padme's life but he made a mistake: instead of trying to block Mace's lightsaber he accadentally (I know I spelled it wrong) cut his arm off. Anakin (or Darth Vader) had trusted Kyp so much that Kyp was the only Jedi that he had told about his and Padme''s marriage and the fact that Kyp had kept that secret was one of the reasons why he didn't kill him. Vader said that together they would bring down Palpatine. Kyp thought about this and then decided to join Vader. Vader explained about the Sith Rule of Two and that there can only be one master (Palpatine) and one apprentice (Vader) Sith so Kyp wasn't truely a Sith and was instead just a Dark Jedi and his entire existence would be known by only Vader himself. Therefore, Kyp would train and operate in total secrecey and would have to terminate anyone who saw him, that meant stormtroopers as well.

Kyp grew in power he had never knew of. He had become so strong with the Force that he had mastered his own Force Deflect which was a Force Power that; if the user had lost his lightsaber and had to defend himself against an onslaught of blaster bolts, they could stop the bolts in midair (like Neo in The Matrix) and then shoot the bolts back at whoever had shot them using a huge amount of Force Push. He went on several Top Secret missions for his new master and performed them up to standards. He was the person that Vader trained the most out of all of his apprenteces, even better than the Dark Jedi from the Emporer's Hand. In one mission he had even pulled an entire Star Destroyer out of orbit and into a planet. Kyp thought that this was the ultimate and that he would soon rule the galaxy along with his best friend as them both being the strongest Jedi/Sith ever.

Untill one mission were Mace Windu came to him in a vision saying that he had failed along with Depa Billaba and that all of his teachings were in vein. This infuriated Kyp saying that the whole reason why he did all of this was so that he could avenge him. This had the effect that Mace wanted and Kyp thought about what he was doing and desided to defect. He still held Anakin's friedship close so he didn't attack him but instead went right to Palpatine. They fought in the most furious duel Kyp had fought in his life and... he was winning. Then, he thought about Anakin being the chosen one and thought that it was Anakin's destiny to destroy Palpatine. So Kyp escaped forgetting that Palpatine killed his old master.

Kyp threw away everything he had learned about the Force and joined the Rebellion as a fighter pilot in Rogue Squadron. There, he had fallen in love with a pilot named Stacey (yes the one from Pink Five if anyone was wondering). He fought in many battles with her and all the while being visited by Mace's Force Ghost telling him that his destiny was to be a Jedi. Kyp kept refusing by saying that he would only destroy more and that it would interfere with his duties to the Rebellion. Then, after a scare that could have been avoided through the Force, Kyp accepted to become a Jedi. Mace then told him to go to Dantooine where he found the crystals that would give his lightsaber the infamous purple color. Mace explained that by turning back from the darkside, he had mastered Vaapad and since purple was the rarest color and Vaapad was the rarest form, that a master o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.