main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Asharad Hett costume complete *critique welcome*

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Forcebewitya, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Well I've mentioned doing this costume for awhile of and on on these boards so here is the finished costume. Hope you like it, and any comments and or critique are welcome. I know Asharad is a minor character in the clone wars Rebublic comments so I'm going to try to find a reference pic.
    what
    [image=http://cargobay.starwars.com/games/card/tcg/tpm/asharad_hett_a.jpg]

[image=http://www.artoosnews.com/newcomicpics/Republic59.jpg]

Ok so thats the best I can do for reference pics its hard to find them.

and here is my completed costume. I'll have better pics later. These are just form a costume contest at an anime con in chicago.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=27457&member=36766

Forcebewitya.

2. CagedReality

CagedReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    Looks pretty good, but your head looks too big.

3. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    It does? How so? Looks pretty good to me. :)

4. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    I think maybe because people are accustomed to seeing Tusken noggins perched atop fuller robes, it might be perceived as large when seen in conjunction with more slimmed-down garments.

Looks good to me, too!

5. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Good point, Holly.

6. CagedReality

CagedReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    It just looks out of proportion to me. Don't get me wrong though, it looks good.

7. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Maybe he's really short. lol

Do you have the tattoos on under the helmet? That would be great. :)

8. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Very nice. I always liked A'Sharad as a character. Even gave some thought to doing either an A'Sharad costume or his father Sharad.

9. UltraSWG

UltraSWG Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005
    Not too hard to find reference pics:

[image=http://gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/enc/hett.jpg]

[image=http://img71.exs.cx/img71/3338/hett64aq.png]

[image=http://www.starwars-encyclopedia.com/depot_images/image/asharadhett.jpg]

[image=http://www.hughmontaguefigures.com/ASharadHett.gif]

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    wow thank you for all the comments. Much appreciated. I'll answer some of your questions now lol.

Cagedreality- Yes, the head is a little big for me. I used the godzilla kit to build the mask and since the mask is designed for a normal tusken raider who wear robes and such thats probably why. It was bigger and I cut off the back so that helped a little but short of melting it to my face I cant get it any smaller. Also wrapping thickly around the neck makes it look better and wrapping the boots well balances out. You should see it without the costume on it looks huge lol. So yes that is something that bothers me but I'd say its come along way from where it started.

Villiegee- no I'm not short, I'm 5'9" so about average. and no I dont have the tattoos, I thought about doing them with eyeliner or something but I dont have the right hair for it anyway. *allthough I do have the braid down the back*.

UltraSWG- Thanks for more reference pics, I dont know why but all I can find is the custom figures when I search google. I dont know whats wrong with me I just cant search well.

Forcebewitya.

11. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Wow, I hadn't heard of that character before... and I think it looks great :)

12. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    It does look really great. i agree something about the head looks off but it might just be the angle the pics are taken from.

13. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah the head pisses me off to no end, but what can you do. Aside from it being a little too big for my head its accurate to the character. (I went off Republic 59 comic book).

Forcebewitya.

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Looks fantastic, nice work there! :D

15. DARTH_SILLYNOUS

DARTH_SILLYNOUS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    Me either and I agree. In fact, it is very cool!=D=

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well I just finished making new boots for the costume. They are more accurate this time and less frusterating. I took rubber knee high boots from Farm and Fleet and glued fabric strips on them to make them look wrapped and now I can just slide right into them no hassle. I'll have more pics up as soon as I find a place that looks like Tattoine to do a photoshoot.

Forcebewitya.

17. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Looks great IMO. Superb job!!!

18. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    A'Sharad is one of my favourite characters and it's great to see him getting well deserved recognition like this. Well done on the costume, it looks great. :)

19. master-Corran-horn

master-Corran-horn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    Hey villie, stop knocking short people. I am still hurting after showing up at a fan film to be a stormtrooper and being handed an ewok suit. [face_laugh] (just joking villie). I'm 5'5" weigh 200 lbs and have a 48" chest and 35" waist. (Before 10 years of marriage, 180 lbs 50 " chest and 29" waist,[face_thinking] go figure.) I have seen big and tall catalogs, when is someone going to come out with a short and squat catalog[face_laugh] :_| . The costume looks great forcebewitya.

20. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    lol @ master_corran_horn. Thanks for that lol, yeah I'm 5'9" 5'10" dont really know, I have like a 32ish waist and weigh 140 lbs. So I'm not short I'm average. Not that I have anything against short people my gf is really short and I love her :) Thank you all for the comments. I agree with A'sharad not getting enough attention. Like I said I've never seen the costume done before so I'm glad that I can be one of the first if not the first to do it. I think it turned out pretty good.

Forcebewitya.

21. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Great to see an A'Sharad costume!

I wanted to have mine finished for C3 but I still haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. Ah well, one day I will get it done. :p

Btw, you might like to see this:
    Sharad Hett Saber

22. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I did see your saber! I want to work on one myself for this costume. I was going to ask you how you did it. I probably wont have it done for awhile though since I spent a ton of money on this costume and making lightsabers for me is very time consuming and my family hates that the kitchen smells like epoxy. Nice work though.

Which A'sharad costume are you going to do? because I know that there are a couple versions of his costume.

Forcebewitya.

23. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    I'm planning to do the same version of A'Sharad you've done with probably facial tatoos underneath incase I want to take the mask off.

Though, instead of using my Godzilla mask I want to make a facecast and sculpt a much lighter tusken mask that is more form-fitting. The saber I have was made by RandomSabers and I added the cloth, leather, beads and womprat tusks.

If you have any questions on the saber, feel free to email me at jediagent (at) jediagent . com (replace (at) with @ and remove spaces).

24. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Thats, cool. Yeah I would say the only main thing that I have a problem with in my costume is the mask being a bit big. But since I dont have many sculpting tools and machining tools at my disposal I think the Godzilla kit was a good pick. The mask itself is great and I love it its just a tad too big.

I actually was going to do the facial tatoos and wear it to wizard world last year but the costume itself wasn't as completed as I wanted it to be and I didnt feel like dying my hair or buying a wig for that matter. My hair isnt that long so I would have to buy a wig, and then also since I have the braid attatched the the back of the mask it would be weird having two braids. Who knows though I might revisit the costume eventually and try wearing it with the tatoos and wig.

The saber does look great, I was thinking about doing a hardware saber, however by the time I'd be finished with it random sabers would be cheaper in the long run. My first homemade saber took awhile and a lot of wasted money. The two things I guess I would have a question on would be how you did the leather wrap and the beads, and where you got them. Thanks, btw I really like your costumes you do a great job. I got a picture of you in your Quinlin Vos costume at CIII.

Forcebewitya.

25. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Ok here are two more pictures of the costume. These were taken on Halloween in the dark so the quality isn't as good but you can see the costume more close up.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=521302

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=521301

Forcebewitya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.