main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Asharad Hett costume complete *critique welcome*

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Forcebewitya, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Capulus

Darth_Capulus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2005
    Hey all, I would like to finally put my two cents into the pot and say that your outfit is really awesome. More power to the EU costumer (Clone Emperor, you're my hero ever since I saw his outfit). I'm currently working on a tusken raider outfit right now myself, but not A'sharad, if anything I'm kinda basing it off his father's outfit (loosly mind you, no blue tunic). I first saw this character when I saw something about a tusken raider having a lightsaber and looked high and low for pictures, I finally ended up with scans of the comics that he was in. It has really helped when compilling pictures of Sharad for my project.

2. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah Sharad is cool too. That's cool that another person is doing an EU tusken. The problem is that even at conventions know one knows who you are so just a warning. I do love the costume though I look forward to seeing your completed costume.

Forcebewitya.

3. Darth_Capulus

Jul 16, 2005
    Yeah which is why I'm planning the costume to be the inbetween Sharad and a normal tusken raider so it still looks like a tusken but if someone does know the comics can spot where I'm pulling parts from, like I love the double tubes on his bandilers, that was the first part I'm going to do for the outfit.

4. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah I love that too. Yeah I mean normal people just think I am a Tusken but the lightsaber sometimes throws them off. Oh well.

Forcebewitya.

5. Darth_Capulus

Jul 16, 2005
    Yeah, and it seems like if you do an EU costume from a book cover a lot of people know it, but you do one from the comics and it's like no one knows who you are. At least you did the later version of A'Sharad and not the outfit he had right after he left Tattoine

6. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah because the first outfit he has is really bizarre. I do like it though and it does look cool but at least with this one if people dont know the character they at least just think I'm a tusken raider.

Forcebewitya.

7. Darth_Capulus

Jul 16, 2005
    It would a pain in the @$$ to tell people "No, I'm not a jedi advark." Which is one of the reason that I don't do so many costumes I would love to have because no one would know who I am. BTW, I saw that you use the Godzilla Tusken Kit, I admire your conviction for good quiality, unfortunatly for me I don't have the $200+ cash flow to allow me to buy that kit, so I got the Studio Creation face plate. I'm not sure if it will have a vast difference or not on the look, have to see.

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    do you have a link to the Studio Creation face plate? I've heard about them but havent seen one ready to buy or the finished product. I just got the Godzilla kit because I saw how it looked completed and was like wow that is perfect I have to have it...and I am such a completeist when it comes to my costumes and I had no idea how I was going to do that mask so it worked out. But I think no matter what mask you get it's up to you in the end to make it look good, my favorite part of my mask for instance is the weathering on the bandages because that's my own artistic touch to it. Good luck though on your mask.

Forcebewitya.

9. Darth_Capulus

Jul 16, 2005
    http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/tuskenraider/head1.html
    I really like the fact that the Godzilla mask comes with all the metal parts machined out. That's something I don't have with the SC mask, in the end I have to sreach for all the parts and figure them all out, so it's a bit of a challenge for me. At some point I would love to buy a GZ mask but until I can find good work, that will have to remain a dream.

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    a yes that's cool I do remember looking at their website as I was getting ideas for the mask. Their mask looks a lot like the Godzilla version and it's cool that they fit it to your head that was a problem with mine.

Forcebewitya.

11. Darth_Capulus

Jul 16, 2005
    The only thing I can fault the mask for is that when they are sucking the masks they did a run with no back plates and I'm not completely sure how the back will come out, but otherwise the mask fits very well and if anything will look a bit small unless I add padding to the head to fill it out.

12. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I actually cut the back of my mask off and used a skateboard helmet lining to make it a more snug fit. It seems to work nice and it makes wearing that thing as comfortable as possible.

Forcebewitya.

13. Darth_Capulus

Jul 16, 2005
    That's not a bad idea, I was thinking of doing the back of the mask soft with a heavy velcro so I can open it up to get my head in. I do suffer from over heating in masks and prothetics (one of the big reasons why when I my sidious robes I do the prefried face because I'll over heat in the mask) but it I can escape the mask for short periods of time it should be fine.

14. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah the thing with the tusken mask is that even if you are fine with wearing it (I dont have a problem and wish I could wear it constantly) but the main reason to take it off is the lack of visibility. You have NO peripheral vision and very limited frontal vision. So if you need to drive or something like that you shouldnt wear it also just for getting around at cons that are packed with people not having it on is nice.

Forcebewitya.

15. Darth_Capulus

Jul 16, 2005
    Yeah I've heard that many many times that try as you might the sides are just a blind spot and you spend a lot of time running into things and people.

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    lol yeah at the last convention I was at I was in the masquerade and the lady in charge honestly thought that I was totally blind she was leading me around like I couldn't see a thing. She made my friend Sara like be a guide for me. You can see out of it it's just that you have to really move your head in exaggerated movements due to the lack of peripheral vision.

Forcebewitya.

17. Darth_Capulus

Jul 16, 2005
    LOL, that's funny. And I'm sure people make obscene jestures behind your back since you can't see them. BTW, I know that this is really your thread but would mind when I do get my tusken outfit done if I could post pictures here?

18. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I wouldnt mind at all. You would probably get more views if you posted your own thread but it doesn't bother me any.

Forcebewitya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.