main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ashes of Truth (AU, Sabewan, L/M, OC's) Now don't pass out or anything, but there's a new post!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shadowskipper, Aug 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm giving in. :p Luke and Mara on mission together? Hmmm wonder what will happen during that? ;)

I have a feeling I know who Mara's parents are. :)

2. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Great story! I love the dialouge between Luke and Mara lol, very amusing.

3. Mara_Skywhiner

Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    upsters
    ~Mara

4. Jade_rebel3

Jade_rebel3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    Okay people, if you want a post here's what you do.

Shamelessly pm, Shadowy, everyday until he updates.

5. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I am just getting into the Luke and Mara fan fiction this looks like a good story for me to start with.

I like the fact that you are using the Obiwan and Sabe link. I have not seen a lot of Obiwan and Sabe in the after the saga. May not have found them yet.

Please continue with this story.

6. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    UPS!!!! *stops* wait, we don't want THEM here do we? That is, unless their delivering...YES!!! UPS!!! UPS!!!!

7. Mara_Skywhiner

Jan 27, 2002
    what can BROWN do for you?
    they can deliver a post, that's what!!!
    ::joins chant:: UPS UPS UPS UPS UPS UPS UPS
    ~Mara

8. Shadowskipper

Shadowskipper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2003
    *Walks onto thread, whistling. Everyone turns to glare* What? Don?t look at me like that! I have a post! *holds post up as a shield* Sorry it took so long. *mutters dire things about Mary-Sues, College Professors, and real life*

Much to Luke?s surprise, Mara and he had managed (somehow) to survive the long flight together. Although, he did have the beginnings of a painful bruise on his chest.

He watched Mara?s speeder vanish in the direction of the smuggler?s base and then turned and began walking off in the direction of the former temple.

A bush rustled slightly and a yellow eye peeked out at the man before disappearing behind the leaves. Silently, it followed.

It would have been a much longer walk than the short ten minute trip that Mara had made it on the speeder. The compound was silent. None of the usual controlled chaos that buzzed around bases.

Mara scowled, I came all this way and no one?s here! Not to mention that I just spent half a week with Skywalker! Mara gave the place a quick scan with the Force?no one, just as she had expected.

Curiosity welled up inside Mara and she found her feet carrying herself toward the door. The place gave off an air of disheveled haste and danger.

Blaster blot scorches intricately slid and flew around each other. Small items littered the ground. There was even a small patch of dried blood on the floor. Obviously the smugglers had preferred speed over secretiveness. What ever had driven them out had caused a lot of damage.

Mara ducked underneath a doorway that had partially caved in. ?I really don?t want to meet whatever did that to a durasteel door frame.? It was not a comforting thought. Mara left the base, still feeling slightly uneasy.

The temple loomed in the distance; Luke paused momentarily to study the structure. It reminded him a little of the Massani temples on Yavin four.

It was then that the yellow-eyed beast decided to strike.

Not even Jedi reflexes could have saved a person from the speed of the beast because it certainly didn?t help Luke. The beast claws tore across chest and back, ripping skin and tearing flesh. He barely had time to yell before blackness closed in around the edge of his vision.

Mara sat in the shuttle she and Skywalker had been assigned. She?d gotten back three hours ago. Where was Skywalker?

The temple had been closer than the base. He should have been back before her. Could he have gotten himself in trouble again? Really even if it had been something as simple as a half mile walk?

With a sigh, Mara got to her feet. It looked like she was going to have to rescue Skywalker.

Again.

Several minutes later, Mara found Luke, laying in a puddle of his own blood. She rolled his over to see the extent of his wounds. Three long claw marks traversed from his right shoulder to his bottom left part of his back. Two small stabs adorned his left calf. And on top of it all he?d been laying there, bleeding, for the Force only knows how long!

The only lucky thing about all of it were that the claw marks were shallow and what Mara presumed were fangs marks hadn?t seem to do much damage. The most important thing was to try and stop the bleeding.

Mara pulled off Luke?s shirt and made it into a temporary bandage. It was already a bloody mess and it wasn?t exactly doing much to cover up the Jedi?s torso.

Very slowly, Luke?s eyelids opened. ?Mara?? He managed.

?Hold on, Skywalker. We?ll get you out of here,? she told him. ?What did you do??

Luke took a deep breath and closed his eyes slowly. ?I don?t know exactly. Something attacked me,? he told her which wasn?t much less than the obvious at this point, since the only other thing out here was trees, and tress didn?t usually have fangs.

Mara went back to the speeder to see if there was anything she could use. She tried to move the speeder closer to Luke, so he wouldn?t have to move as far. It wouldn?t budge. Mara tried again, cursing under her breath as the thing still refused to start. And suddenly life?s ironic sens

9. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, nothing out of place here!

Luke finds trouble

Mara goes to find Luke in trouble

Mara must save Luke from some form of death.

Prefectly normal here!!! :D

Execpt the temple. Temple is new.

Post more soon, please!!

10. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Great post

There was also a person sitting on the bottom of the steps. His eyes were closed, but he knew they were there. ?Do you always walk into people?s temple?s without knocking?? He questioned
    Who's he? Was he the one that quieted that animal's growl?

11. Jayden112233

Jayden112233 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    There was also a person sitting on the bottom of the steps. His eyes were closed, but he knew they were there. ?Do you always walk into people?s temple?s without knocking?? He questioned.

Hmmm, another unknown jedi perhaps? Not sure what to make of him....more concerned with her knocking than the injured person with her. More soon please...

12. Sash

Sash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2003
    oh wow.. who is it thats sitting there.. hopefully someone friendly.. poor farm boy seems to have gotten himself into a scrape as usual....

13. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Hmm, interesting. I wander who that guy was at the alter?

~aeryn

14. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    YEAH!!!! UPS DELIEVERED!!!!
    lol nice looking post, why does Mara always have to rescue Lukie?

15. Jade_rebel3

Mar 3, 2003
    Because Luke always gets himself in trouble. 8-}

16. Jade_rebel3

Mar 3, 2003
    *sighs*

*rolls eyes*

*fidgets*

Up

17. Jayden112233

Jayden112233 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    why does Mara always have to rescue Lukie?

Perhaps it's penance for wanting to kill him; now she has to spend her life saving him? A thought *giggle*.

18. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    LOL

UP!

19. Mara_Skywhiner

Jan 27, 2002
    great post! looking forward to seeing who that is in the temple...
    ~Mara

20. Jazzy_wan

Jazzy_wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2003
    Hi, Shadowy.

You already know I love it.

21. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    up please .. . more please

22. Jade_rebel3

Mar 3, 2003
  23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    hmm, it seems this story must be swimming in the ocean of "writers block".

*UP*

24. LunarBlade

LunarBlade Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2002
    *caughs uncomfortably*

Hello?

...Err... *scratches back of head* ...I'm back...!

Sorry everyone, but I moved to Canada from a far away place across the ocean. Culture shock isn't fun, kids, don't try it at home!

I really like where this story is going, and I hope there's still room for me? I love where you guys took it! Awesome work.

...What? What do you mean 'who am I'? *starts sobbing*

Heheh... Anyone remember me? I hope you do!

Please let me know if I can still join in, but if not, I'll be happy to see where you take this, anyway!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.