main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ashes to Ashes.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Gene_Hunt, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gene_Hunt

Gene_Hunt Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    The ending made me cry - so I'm posting with this sock in Gene's honour. :D :cool:

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I liked it.

The missus cried a bit

Far superior to the US version

3. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    Good stuff.

So I worked out Shaz was from the '90s thanks to the music, but was I supposed to know when Chris and Ray were from too?

Must Gene have remembered everything at the end with Sam, then forgotten it all again?

4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Cracking ending. It was great to see that it wasn't a happy happy ending. It was actually pretty damned miserable.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    So Gene Hunt = God?
    and Keats = Satan?

It was an interesting finale if somewhat confusing. But it worked well and I liked seeing the cycle reset itself at the end once everyone had moved on. New car, new staff, new face to "save".

Sad to see the Audi Quatro meet an unfortunate end, it was a fine vehicle. Always bound to end up scrapped the way Gene treated it.

Would've been nice to see Alex get back to her daughter, or see if she had trouble coping with life returning to normal same as Sam Tyler did. Still, some things are better just being left to the audience's imagination.

Gene being the ghostly officer with half his head blown off seemedd the most likely outcome, I'd heard it rumoured for most of the series.

The show will be missed, but I'm glad it ended well and didn't drag on any longer. There was no need to continue it and it will be fondly remembered and probably much treasured on DVD.
    Although Ashes to Ashes was not as good as Life on Mars it was still great fun and did well in expanding many of the other characters who were rather in the background during Sam Tyler's story.

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I don't think he was meant to be God. I've heard him being described as an angel, or archangel.

Keats though, was probably the Devil :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.