main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Ashland Oregon, been there, heard of it, live here?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jaya_Jedi, Jul 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaya_Jedi

Jaya_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2001
    ok, mostly i am psoting this cause im bored and i want to see if anyone will reply, but anyways......

ok, i have a online friend from portland, and he said his class went to ashland for a fieldtrip, and i was wondering, have any of you oregonians been to ashland? or maybe just heard of it?
    it's a tourist place, because of the shakespeare fesitival, so i was just wondering, if any of you guys know of it

2. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    I've heard of it. I don't think I've been there, but I wouldn't be surprised if my dad has, since he fixes chemical analysis equipment for hospitals, crime labs, etc. and does a lot of traveling, usually between North California and Washington, though he's also gone to Alaska on occasion. :)

3. Melarn Tecc

Melarn Tecc Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Gone to swimming meets there and driven through it a couple of times, but thats really all.

Been meaning to get down there for the festivals one of these times, have a perfect dress for it.

4. XCountryJedi

XCountryJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2001
    Heard of it, but never been there.

5. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Hmmm... the name rings a bell. It's in Southern Oregon near the California border. Not sure if I've been there, or if I've just seen road signs for it. :p

~*~Bria

6. Rilian

Rilian Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2000
    Ashland is very near the California/Oregon border. I have driven through it before but don't remember much about it.

p.s. I live in Portland in case its relavent.

7. Jaya_Jedi

Mar 13, 2001
    hey, thats cool guys!

melarn~my friend is thirteen and she swims for Superior Aquatics, do you think you might have swam in a meet with her?

if any of you all pass through ashland sometime, or come and stay awhile, let me know, it would be way cool to meet someone from here!

8. Melarn Tecc

Melarn Tecc Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Wait, you live in Ashland, I got the impression you were just asking about it? bah, maybe its just me ;)

ummm, Im not sure, I swam for Albany Aquatics for at least 8 years of my life, then the coaches got on my nerves and quit officially 2 years ago, or 3, whatever it is. So if she's been swimming for awhile I might have. ;)

9. Jaya_Jedi

Mar 13, 2001
    oops, if i didnt really say that, well, i live in ashland! ;)

she's been swimming for atleast five or six years, thats totallly possible that you have

10. Whackmaster_Jack

Whackmaster_Jack Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    I've been there twice. and I'm going to be living on campus at SOU for the next 2 years. From what I experience it's a groovy town but probably very expensive to live in.

11. Jaya_Jedi

Mar 13, 2001
    hey, cool!
    ashland is fun, and way coool to visit but if you live here it can get a little slow sometimes...and, hoo yeah, prices to live here?agg!

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I live in Ashland, too. I'm attending SOU.

I hate that 5% tax on unprepared foods here. :( Why do they have that, anyway?

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Looks like this board is one of the slower ones.

14. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Here is where all the action is, Bib! :)

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    So are any of you Ashlandites going to the homecoming football game tomorrow? I'll probably go.

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Man, that Homecoming dance was boring last night. The music was OK, but it was just a standard dance; nothing really fun.

At least we won the football game.

17. Nanashi

Nanashi Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2001
    i used to live in oregon, actually my whole life up until august and i moved to florida...long story. but i've been to ashland a few times, it's a fun place. especially if you like the outdoors.

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    College is so fun down here at SOU. I hope that a lot of you will get a chance to at least visit Ashland in the near future.

19. Jaya_Jedi

Mar 13, 2001
    whoa, i havent been here in awhile....

but yeah, i went to the game too! im probably going to go to this week's one too, i go to usually all of them

bib fortuna, but hey, atleast its not like some other places, (mainly when im vsiting california) i go to buy clothes or souvineres or whatever, and dont have enough money because of the tax! can be embarassing when theres a line of people waiting behind you ;)

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Arg! It seems that none of the bookstores here in Ashland carry Star by Star. I want it so bad...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.