main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Asia is a Warzone where Asians are trying to kill Owen Wilson's Family The Movie

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Vivec, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006

So this is apparently an upcoming movie, where Owen Wilson moves his family to some vague Southeast Asian country that's perpetually a warzone, or something. Heavy emphasis on how weird things are in Asia to white people. Can our white protagonists survive the Asian Zombie horde?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    "Welcome to Asia, the largest continent by land mass and population and very diverse so I really should be more specific."

Anyone remember the Owen Wilson-led Behind Enemy Lines? The one that came out right after 9-11 so of course there were screenings at bases and ****. Anyway, that was to the Balkans as this appears to be to "Asia." I guess they're afraid of offending Thailand or Cambodia or Myanmar or something.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    LOL that was so over the top it looked like a trailer for a fake movie. Thanks, Vivec.

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    For some reason all the Asians in that country decided to kill the whites.

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I hope the white people can escape the Asians. [face_nail_biting]

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Spoiler! There is No Escape.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    OK so it looks like it's capitalising on the Thai coup, with a bit of Burma 2007 thrown in and with insurgents who aren't pro-Pheu Thai rural and urban poor but more like BRN/RKK/BBMP/JI types.

So basically, it is like another Taken where Americans are encouraged to fear the outside world?

Oh, and Even, "welcome to Asia" is something people say there when you're first in-country. Usually when you see something unique to Asia*.

(* Asia I gather means different things where you are. English people use it mostly for Indian and Pakistan; we use it for SE and N Asia, not sure what you use it for).

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    In this movie's defense, I can't imagine anyone not wanting to kill Owen Wilson.

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Weird. I could've swore Behind Enemy Lines came out before 9/11...oh well.

10. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I have access to this top secret movie database so I looked it up, so you could be sure. It was like 2 months after.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  11. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Oh, I do hope this is a spiritual sequel to Tropic Thunder!

12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I think you'll have to increase shifts and drive for a 48% increase in outrage there Vivec; nobody seems surprised or upset by this film. I mean, upset that it's a waste of money; upset that Pierce Brosnan is reduced to such tripe, but that's it.

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Err, yeah. I looked it up on Wikipedia. It's just for some reason it registered in my memory as a pre-9/11 movie, and it turned out not to be the case.