main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Senate Asian Geopolitics

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Vivec, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace JCC Ravager star 5 Staff Member Manager

Aug 11, 2004
    Your presence is needed in the USpol thread, where everything is someone else's fault.

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 25, 2004
    If that's true, then it's incredibly short-sighted and immoral. Are you telling me that South Korea, Japan, America, and Europe combined can't come up with the money to at least feed North Korea's population and keep them alive? And that leaving those North Koreans under that gulag of a country, and having freaking nukes pointed at us, is somehow preferable to spending the money to take care of refugees?

Anyway, I doubt that our diplomats and policymakers are insane enough to pass up on such an opportunity if it really existed. I think such an opportunity probably doesn't exist because Kim Jong-Un isn't interested in abdicating his throne. He can't use personal well-being as an excuse because that's something we can guarantee him should he cooperate. Which goes back to my original point...I think Kim is in this not because he's worried about his survival, but because he likes being a god, so much so that he'll risk death to hold on to it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018