Ask Artie!

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Artie-Deco, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    You have to draw CPI during the course of the game (or use a card that can pull it into hand).

I believe that when a site becomes "blown away", the opponent loses force equal to the force icons of the locations being destroyed (or is is twice the force icons? i forget).
  2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    CPI plays like an Interrupt, so you must draw it over the course of the game in order to use it. A Million Voices Crying Out can pull it twice a game, though.

Also, a player only loses Force when either a Death Star or Rebel Base is blown away, not some other random planet.

So if Tatooine is blown away, there's no Force loss involved. But if Hoth is blown away, the light side player loses Force equal to twice the number of Light Side Force icons destroyed.
  3. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, how about a question on Lift Tubes? The game text says they can move as a react to Force Drains. Does this mean that you're oppenent can't FD where there is a lift tube, or does it have to react to cancel the drain? Does it even cancel the drain??
  4. Ultima_1 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It can only move if you have someone on it, and you need presence to cancel the drain.
  5. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    But it says it can move without presence.
  6. Ultima_1 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    But it can't cancel the drain without it, IIRC. I forgot about that for the moving part. Sorry about that.
  7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    It can react to a drain if empty, but it won't cancel the drain unless there is presence aboard.

Just remember that reacting to Force drains is very dangerous, because your opponent will get a chance to deploy some more Forces there and initiate battle against you that turn.
  8. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

star 3
    question that came up tonight:
    at a docking bay there is one tie fighter docked, if i was to move a unit there (say han solo) could he force drain?
    One side says the tie has ability and thus cant be drained. The other says the tie shouldnt have presence since its docked and thus can be drained.

another one:
    can you place locations down without the planet on the board. Like placing hoth locations without the acual planet hoth.
    it just seems like certain thing "blowing away the planet" would be hard if only locations and not the planet arent on the board.
    On the same thing, for your starting location could you place something like the dsII even though its suppose to start around endor?
  9. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    question that came up tonight:
    at a docking bay there is one tie fighter docked, if i was to move a unit there (say han solo) could he force drain?
    One side says the tie has ability and thus cant be drained. The other says the tie shouldnt have presence since its docked and thus can be drained.

If the TIE has a pilot aboard, like a generic TIE with a perm. pilot, then it has an ability and can't be drained. If it's a non-piloted TIE, like Black 2, then it has no presence and can be drained until you put a pilot aboard.

another one:
    can you place locations down without the planet on the board. Like placing hoth locations without the acual planet hoth.
    it just seems like certain thing "blowing away the planet" would be hard if only locations and not the planet arent on the board.

Yes, you can place locations down first. You would have to wait until the system is deployed to blow the planet away because Commence Primary Ignition says it targets a system it's orbiting. I just noticed something, do you have to use Commence Primary Ignition with the DS2 as well?? Hmmm

On the same thing, for your starting location could you place something like the dsII even though its suppose to start around endor?

No, because it may only deploy while orbiting Endor. Now if your opponents starting location is Endor then I don't see a problem with this, but that would require that you knew your opponents starting location and that's seems a little shady ;)
  10. Ultima_1 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just noticed something, do you have to use Commence Primary Ignition with the DS2 as well?? Hmmm

No you can't. It only works with the first Death Star.

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Death Star II cannot blow away any planets at all.
  12. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Right, DS2 uses "That Things Operational!" to fire (though it can't fire at planets)

>>Now if your opponents starting location is Endor then I don't see a problem with this, but that would require that you knew your opponents starting location and that's seems a little shady<<

Actually, that wouldn't work, since DS2 is darkside-only, and darkside would reveal their starting location first, so there would be no Endor to deploy to, even if the lightside starts with Endor.
  13. Artie-Deco Jedi Knight

star 3
    No, starting locations are revealed and deployed simultaneously. Dark does not deploy first.

You're probably thinking of what happens when both players have objectives. In that case, yes, Dark deploys the cards specified by his objective first, Light deploys second.

14. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    You can't blow away planets with the DS2?!?!?! That sucks eggs.
  15. Artie-Deco Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry, dude. That's the way it goes. Hey, it's still better than what you can do with the TCG's Death Star, right? ;)

16. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    True, and with the 3 Destiny draw it's a lot more fun ;)
  17. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

star 3
    a couple questions:
    first off is the outrider with dash rendar as the pilot, the text says once per battle you can lower an enemy starship by power of outrider. Does this mean the outrider card(3 power) or the outrider + pilots which i going to be alot more then 3?

next:
    if a pilot is aboard a starship that is immune to attrition X, is the pilot also safe? Using the above outrider/dash combo, the outrider is immune<4 while dash is pilot, but if dash isnt immune doesnt that kind of defeat the purpose. Also would ties etc onboard a ship be immune to attrition that the ship has?
  18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    a couple questions:
    first off is the outrider with dash rendar as the pilot, the text says once per battle you can lower an enemy starship by power of outrider. Does this mean the outrider card(3 power) or the outrider + pilots which i going to be alot more then 3?

You reduce it by the Outrider's power, which is 3 plus any modifiers.

next:
    if a pilot is aboard a starship that is immune to attrition X, is the pilot also safe? Using the above outrider/dash combo, the outrider is immune<4 while dash is pilot, but if dash isnt immune doesnt that kind of defeat the purpose. Also would ties etc onboard a ship be immune to attrition that the ship has?

Cards aboard ships or enclosed vehicles that have immunity share that immunity.
  19. NissoJape Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok, I see thousands...or atleast a lot, of cards saying "target opponents troopers" does that mean only rebel troopers or warriors?

thanks.
  20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    It targets any character under the opponent's control who has the characteristic of "trooper."

Characteristics can be found in the title or lore of all cards.
  21. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, I have kind of a weird question:

Can your character with immunity to attrition still be forfeited if YOU want to do it?

Example: My Obi-Wan Kenobi with immunity > 5 is in a solo battle. The attrition against him is 3, but you'd like him to be forfeited to use your Heroic Sacrifice to put Obi-Wan out of game, so you can use your I Can't Believe He's Gone. Can you forfeit him even though he's immune to it?
  22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Yes, you can voluntarily ignore immunity to attrition.
  23. NissoJape Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, thanks bib!

Another one, With "weapon of an ungrateful son" when you put it on Obi-Wan with permenant lightsaber, how do you put his lightsaber in the used pile? Thanks!

Let's say i initiate a force drain for 2 and my opponent plays "it couldn't get worse" and i play "it's worse" and raise the damage by 13. the loss of force is now 15, can my opponent "control" that? Thanks.
  24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Another one, With "weapon of an ungrateful son" when you put it on Obi-Wan with permenant lightsaber, how do you put his lightsaber in the used pile? Thanks!

You can't. Cards that relocate weapons cannot be used against characters with permanent weapons.

Let's say i initiate a force drain for 2 and my opponent plays "it couldn't get worse" and i play "it's worse" and raise the damage by 13. the loss of force is now 15, can my opponent "control" that? Thanks.

No, you can't control it at that time. Here is an explanation:

Whenever an action is initiated, follow these steps:

1) Fulfill requirements and pay costs (if any)

2) Optional responses to that action Control would have to be played here.

3) Result.

Since the Force loss is a part of the result, the opportunity to use Control has passed.
  25. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    When a starship is forfieted, do all of the characters 'on the bridge' go toward satisfying attrition/battle damage, or is it just pilots, or no one at all?? Thanks :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.