Ask Artie!

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Artie-Deco, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

star 3
    well you cant put out 5 darth vaders, since he is unique and there arent that many dark jedi to put out that i can think of
  2. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, you're not playing by TCG rules are you? ;) If I do put in duplicates of mains I only put in two, just in case one is lost you'll have a reserve, or if you have one deployed and one in your hand and you get Force Drained or something, you won't feel too bad about sacrificing that card. Other than that I don't really see a reason for having multiple characters.

Now, if you have different versions, that's a different story. For example, doing a Hoth/Jedi Test deck or Cloud City/Endor deck. But I have rarely seen this done.
  3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    In any deck where I focus on a particular character, or a small group of characters, I run several of the main guys. For example, in Hunt Down, i run 4 Vaders, 4 Mauls, 2 Maras and 2 Palpatines. It makes it much easier to draw those guys when I need them.
  4. NissoJape Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, once again we have a question that is apparebtly stupid to all who know Star Wars......

Ok, if you occupy a battle ground and a battle system....does that count as two battle gorunds, like for "come here you big coward"

Also, could someone tell me really breifly how i could make a good LS space deck without an objective....hence not having any good objectives.

Thank you all once more!

I forgot one thing, If i have cheif retwin hiding from battle but i have let's say Boba Fett present also, but my opponent throws a concussion grenade, can Chief Retwin be affected because it says lost at site....and would a concussion grenade affect a creature or an undercover spy?

Thanks.

One more thing....

When losing force from force drains....and i know it probably says it in a rule book but i need confirmation....can you forfeit cards from off the table? like use a tie fighter for a force drain of 2?
  5. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, if you occupy a battle ground and a battle system....does that count as two battle gorunds, like for "come here you big coward"

Yup- you occupy a battleground site and a battleground system, hence you occupy two battlegrounds.

Also, could someone tell me really breifly how i could make a good LS space deck without an objective....hence not having any good objectives.

Non Obj LS space, I'd have to go with Echo Base Operations. Set it up on Hoth, you cna run matching pilots or just swarm a non unique starfighter. Use Strike Planning to pull V Rieekan, Lock (V) to pulls systems.

I forgot one thing, If i have cheif retwin hiding from battle but i have let's say Boba Fett present also, but my opponent throws a concussion grenade, can Chief Retwin be affected because it says lost at site....and would a concussion grenade affect a creature or an undercover spy?

Retwin hides only from battles- but he is still present. He would be lost. Concussion Grenades only targets characters, weapons and devices. Creatures are not affected. Undercover spies may not be specifically targetted by weapons, but since the Grenade targets "all" characters, he can be lost as well.

When losing force from force drains....and i know it probably says it in a rule book but i need confirmation....can you forfeit cards from off the table? like use a tie fighter for a force drain of 2?

Absolutely not. Force loss from drains must come from Life Force or hand.
  6. NissoJape Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, what is echo base operations?

Also....My opponent used Mosep on a starship...is that allowed?

Thanks again, I have regrets for not learning the game when there were people around me i could ask. :( that's the way the cookie crumbles....
  7. Silscio Jedi Padawan

Hey, new here, and I found this to be a good spot to ask some questions about gameplay.

I was just wondering whether unique rules applied to different personas of people--like *Obi Wan with Lightsaber and *Obi Wan Kenobi. Can both these characters be on the table at the same time? They are both different cards, right?

Thanks,
  8. NissoJape Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have another one :)!

Can someone please explain the relevancy of having interrupts be unique and the rules related to it? thanks.

Also, i have two copies of a control card...on is with qui-gon and the other has a picture of Yoda....now are these two different cards? are they copies? they have slightly different texts also...thank you.
  9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I was just wondering whether unique rules applied to different personas of people--like *Obi Wan with Lightsaber and *Obi Wan Kenobi. Can both these characters be on the table at the same time? They are both different cards, right?

They are both the same persona, so you can only have one Obi-Wan in play at any one time.

Can someone please explain the relevancy of having interrupts be unique and the rules related to it? thanks.

You can only play one unique Interrupt per turn. So if you have two Cloud City Sabaccs in your hand, you can play one in your turn, and then the other during your opponent's turn. You cannot play them both on the same turn.

Also, i have two copies of a control card...on is with qui-gon and the other has a picture of Yoda....now are these two different cards? are they copies? they have slightly different texts also...thank you.

They're different cards. That's why they have different pictures.
  10. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
  11. NissoJape Jedi Knight

star 1
    I could do that no problem!

I just need to get that card I also need a few good starting interrupts....
  12. Silscio Jedi Padawan

I have a question about capturing:

When a captive is within a bounty hunter's jurisdiction, since transferring bounties to prisons is an unlimited move(isn't it?), can he just arrive there, or does he actually have to move there using a starship, or something like Elis Helrot? And does this have to happen during the move phase?
  13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    The bounty hunter has to physically be at the prison in order to transfer a prisoner there. You cannot Elis Helrot a bounty hunter and his captive, because Elis does not say he can transport the opponent's characters.
  14. NissoJape Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, here's the scenario:

My opponent plays lateral damage on han chewie n' the falcon. That card is immune to it. I forget and the effects happen maybe one turn....then i realize...what do you do? If i lost force what do i do?

The question really is: What do you do when you let something illegal go and then catch it later?

Thanks.
  15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    If it's already happened, it's too late to go back and change it. You could make Lateral Damage lost as soon as you catch it, though, since the Falcon is immune.
  16. Artie-Deco Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nisso, I'm not sure if your question is about whether you can cancel Lat Dam later in the game, or about taking back actions. Since Bib correctly answered the first (you can) I'll talk about the second, taking back actions.

This is how I play it:

If you realize you are immune to Lat Dam after losing force but before any other action has been taken by either player then take back the action and cancel Lateral Damage. If, however, you or your opponent takes an action after you lose force, it's too late.

This is not a rule you'll find in a rulebook or glossary or supplement. It's just the way I play it. This is as lenient as I would get in tournaments I would run. In friendly games, I tend to be even more lenient, sometimes letting my opponent (or asking him to let me) take back several actions, if doing so does not impact me (or him).

17. NissoJape Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, great thanks a lot.

Ok, I have another question what would be a good non-objective ground strategy for LS? I don't have too many good cards but i have some obi wan's, no good lukes but chewies etc....an idea is all i am looking for :)!

P.S. and not echo base operations.
  18. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Try to make a Mains & Toys type deck?
  19. Artie-Deco Jedi Knight

star 3
    A mains & toys deck is about your only option. Some cards to consider:

Enhanced Premiere mains: Luke, Han, Leia and Obi. It will be almost impossible to win with a few Obi's and Chewie's.

On The Edge: If you are not good at tracking, try Macrobinoculors.

Yavin 4 Throne Room: Gives you a 2-0 starting site, and lets you go first, which can help.

20. NissoJape Jedi Knight

star 1
    What's a main/toys deck? what it sounds like....and what would you do with those cards? like strategy?
  21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Mains & Toys is just the big guys like Luke, Leia, Obi, Qui-Gon, etc. and all their weapons. Supporting Interrupts for all of them, and just run amok on the ground.
  22. NissoJape Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, One follow up question, Let's go back to my lateral damage question....Let's say two turns have gone by, I realize the mistake...What happens to Lateral Damage? Thank You!
  23. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Basically, it depends on the strictness of the game. In a friendly game, you can do whatever you'd like. But it is your responsibility to know your cards, so in a tournament game, I wouldn't be suprised if the TD said you had to keep it on the ship. This is the same concept as if you notice that your opponent/you did not pay upkeep for an R3 card a few actions later.
  24. Artie-Deco Jedi Knight

star 3
    No, even in a big tournament, a TD would let you cancel Lateral Damage once you realized you've been immune to it all this time. What a TD would not let you do is somehow retrieve the force you lost.

25. NissoJape Jedi Knight

star 1
    All right and naturally the same goes for ki-adi-mundi's game text, if i don't lose a force when he initiates a battle, then in two actions, he can't demand that i lose a force from it.

Also, does the same go for re-circulating your used pile?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.