main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tips & Tricks Ask Biba-Fett (AKA Mrs Darth_Manos) Dressing A Galaxy questions

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Darth_Manos, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clotho0377

clotho0377 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2004
    That would be great if you can do that Darth Manos. Thanks again to you and Biba-Fett for all your efforts!! Can't wait to see the pics.

Paul
    paul-pham.com

2. electrakitty

electrakitty Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    Gosh, I've been away from this thread for awhile and I didn't realize you were sick D-M. Here's hoping everything goes well.

3. Darth_Manos

Darth_Manos Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2005
    I'm ok. Honest. My recent silence is due to other very good things.

No worries so far... But thanks for all the concern!!!

4. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Glad to hear things are going well for you, DM! Your mystery is intriguing!

If at all possible, could you try to get take down pics of the AOTC Dark Senate gown? Since it's separate from the rest of the exhibit, it hasn't gotten a huge amount of attention from others. :)

Any help with this one would be appreciated!

Regards,
    M.

5. Man_from_Naboo

Man_from_Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2004
    @DM, good things come to those who wait ;) No, wait, wasn´t that the tag line from the Jack Daniels commercial ? :p

Anyway, good to know you´re a-okay !

And the take down pics, as usual, beggars aren´t choosers :lol
    And its the hidden stuff that is interesting, like soles of boots, insides of them, closures on the costumes etc. All in all, the stuff that is totally boring for the rest of the world :D

what´s that ? Do I hear christmas bells ? Mad cow disease finally getting the better of me ?

Michael

6. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    The one up on the second floor? Have you looked in my album (it's linked below) I took several photos of the front, back, and details of that gown when I was there for gala. I think the photos came out fairly well.

7. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Darth_Manos, I'm glad to hear things are going well on your end! :)

I know several, in fact lots and lots, of us would be thrilled if you can get take down pics of Padme's picnic dress. It would be wonderful to see what everything looks like under the corset and outer skirt.

I would also second Mirax's request for take down pics of the cut senate dress on the second floor. :)

Thanks again for all your help!

8. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    QueenAmidalaEP1 - Yes, I did see your album (and I emailed a request to you for the high-res versions of those specifically) :) But there are still so many unknowns about this costume and some specific details that I haven't seen in anyone's pictures.

But, as Man-from-Naboo said, I know we'll all be thrilled with whatever pictures can be taken during the take down process!

Regards,
    M.

9. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I'd still like to see pics of Padme's parents house dress as well (the Episode II cut scene dress). The Dressing the Galaxy book has a couple shots but they're not big and I really can't make out the shell trim on the top as well as I'd like to. :(

And it's under the cloak at the exhibit so maybe someone can take some when they pack it up? Please and thank you. :)

10. QueenAmidalaEP1

Sep 15, 2005
    Do I still owe you photos, or did I send them already? Let me know. I sent off high res to several people, but can't recall who right now. And if I owe anyone else hi res, please let me know.

11. QueenAmidalaEP1

Sep 15, 2005
    There are some nice details of the 2nd floor costumes here:

12. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    QueenAmidalaEP1 - I never heard from you about it, but you had posted that you were having computer problems, so I didn't want to bug you. :) When you have a chance, I'd love to have the high-res shots you took of that gown. And, I already PMd Miana for her shots, too.

Thanks!
    M.

13. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Glad you're okay, Manos! [:D]

If it's not too much trouble, can you get the following pictures from Padme's Naboo Nightgown?

14. Inside of the robe

15. Any seams on the robe

16. Back of the nightgown itself, without the robe on

17. Front of the nightgown, without the robe on (just the top half is fine)

18. Thanks in advance! :)

19. Darth_Manos

Darth_Manos Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2005
    Ok,

Are you ready?

I've clued a few people in on why I haven't
    been posting on the Costuming and Props forum with my
    usual frequency.

Well now that things have settled slightly,
    I can tell part of the story.

And its an involved one.

18 years ago, the girl I had been seeing a few months earlier, notified me that she was pregnant. Well long story short, she had a daughter, and she was put up for adoption.

Fast forward to the begining of November this year. I basically got the internet version of the knock on the door.

I have been spending the last month getting to know my daughter Sharie. The process was mostly via internet, but last week, we arranged to finally meet.

I've documented the meeting and the few days that we spent togehter.

She has her fathers flair for the melodramatic. As she want to meet at the fountain at Balboa Park. And she added the flair of standing facing the fountain, so she wouldn't see me walking up. Because she said she wouldn't know how to react if she saw me from a distance.

She is a bright and vibrant girl who has stolen my heart. When we were together
    we were inseperable. Human velcro is the term we've come up with. And we have had
    so many deeply similar experiences that we call each other "clone".

She and Biba Fett get along swimmingly. Which is a great relief to all involved.

So anyways, heres a link to the photo album

http://mygirl.shutterfly.com
    the password is devildoll

so there you have it. as you can see, i've been
    a little preoccupied!

be dropping in from time to time....

20. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Since there seems to be more people with costume picture questions on this thread, I'll post the link to mine here. I got 70 of my 200+ with flash pictures up so far.. I know most people are wanting Padme costumes.. So those are the ones I put up first. I have high res (2592 x 1944 on a 5.1 megapixel camera) of all of them... So if you want any of the high res copies, feel free to email me and I'll send them to you. :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45504478@N00/sets/

And Darth_Manos.. I'm glad to hear about your "reunion." I'm 24 and I met my biological family for the first time almost exactly 2 years ago.. Mine came first in a phone call, then a plane trip to Florida to meet my 6 siblings.. So I know how involved those stories are.

21. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    Wow, DM, what an amazing story! Congrats on the "newest" edition to your family! The pics you posted made me tear up a bit! :)

22. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Me, too, and I'm a heartless hag!

Manos, that is so wonderful that your "reunion" was a joyous one -- your daughter is beautiful, and I hope your relationship with her continues to blossom.

23. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Darth_Manos, the photos of you and your daughter are so touching. Thank you for sharing those with us! And is it just me, or does she look a lot like Biba-Fett too? Strange coincidence.

Congratulations on the reunion!

24. Man_from_Naboo

Man_from_Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2004
    DM,

that is fantastic !!! Congratulations ! Some of the pics look like pics of a family that has been together forever.

You never know what thread in life the hands of fate spin for you ;)

Michael

25. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    Darth_Manos, congrats on the reunion! That is an amazing story- very touching. :) =D=

~Laura

26. clotho0377

clotho0377 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2004
    I'd like to add my own congratulations Darth_Manos. How great to have a new member of the family, and especially now during the holidays. Wonderful pics also.

Paul

27. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Congrats Darth-Manos! I really admire you for taking time to meet your daughter and get to know her. A friend of mine recently flew out to Ohio to meet her Grandmother and her father, but the father got cold feet at the last minute and left town.

It's great to hear your meeting went so well!

- Kay Dee

28. wraith13

wraith13 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    Congratulations Darth_Manos! Thank for for sharing your heartwarming story with us. Best wishes to your family. :)

wraith13

29. Aure

Aure Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2004
    Darth_Manos, I feel horrible to ask costuming stuff when there has been so much going on with your private life. So at first I would just like to say how happy I am for you and your daughter. Best wishes to both of you!

And then the costumnig question. I hope you or Biba-Fett would be able to answer. About Padme's Silver Packing Dress. Again. I feel so stupid for not asking this before. This has after all been my major problem with the reproduction.

So the question is, how is the velvet vest closed on the front? With some kind of busk? Also, if you can tell if it is cotton or silk velvet. Any insight would be helpful. As aslo every picture of inside of the dress when the exhipition is taken down.

And once again, best wishes to you, Biba- fett and your daughter.

-Piia

30. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    I can help with this a bit - it is closed with hook and eyes - they go along the applique - here's one of Kay_dee's exhibit pics where you can kind of see them. There might be a better pic out there now that people had a chance to take flash pics, but this was all I could find without spending awhile looking! Hope it helps!

http://www.padawansguide.com/padme/silver/hook_eye.jpg
    (cut and paste if clicking doesn't work)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.