main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Ask Ghost

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, May 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    #teampalatinate

so you're saying none of this seems familiar to you, Ghost? it doesnt remind you of anyone itt?

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Rogue_Ten

Come on man, you're wasting your time. stop trying to waste my time just because you're bored.

If you actually wanted to have an actual conversation, have one in the dozens of other threads I post in, not in this obvious "haha let's make fun of Ghost" thread, that invites comments like this
    that get half a dozen likes. Or maybe in a private message if you wanted to prove you didn't want to make an attempted bad comedy show of it and actually wanted to talk with me.

Yeah, I like to talk politics, study religions, analyze literature, and be silly on here in my free time. Here's some other random things about me. I'm also in my third year of AmeriCorps after doing City Year, NCCC Team Leader, and now a VISTA with a school department, and I also substitute teach and volunteered in India. I went skydiving in California, got a master's degree in public administration, have a dog named Apollo, write my own stories, and deal with Crohn's disease and a bunch of other stuff going on. Yes, I'm human, just like every other person here.

Please stop trying to make fun of me at every single turn, like it's a hobby of yours or something, in a way you (and others) don't to anyone else here, treating me like the butt of every joke. I'm fine with a jab every once in a while, but you and others doing it over and over and over again to me isn't cool. Sometimes I do very long, analytical posts here (which I've kind of stopped since they're usually ignored) but lately I usually do a drive-by post with some interesting news of the day (maybe even an infographic included, oh my god, the horror, not an infographic, oh the humanity) or a new random theory/prediction/idea just to see how people respond, or create a poll or new thread to try and engage people and start new conversations. So what? When I post serious posts, I'd like a serious response, and not feel like you and others treat me like a joke, which sometimes happens. But sometimes I intentionally post silly things too, but that's when people act like I'm being serious, and then get a lot of **** for it, and then proceed to treat me as a person as a joke. Like, seriously? I get poking fun at each other here, I do it too, I poke fun at myself too. But why this singular focus on me so much of the time? You've had a bad attitude against me on here for years, and you're not the only one. And the weird thing is, I don't even dislike you, I even respect you and like a lot of yours posts. But not when you're doing stuff like this. I tried ignoring this thread, but you didn't get the hint. Why do you keep bringing it up? (And who knows how this hasn't even been locked yet). Seriously, what's your deal, man?

Estelita, Ulicus , Sarge and 2 others like this.
  3. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    whoa. whoa dude. naw that's a pretty serious article that i was asking you to engage with. what about it makes you think its making fun of you? are you having trouble understanding the point the author is conveying? if so, ask questions. im happy to answer them

i think that kind of engagement would ultimately take a lot less mental and emotional energy than the meltdown you just plopped down in the thread

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Rogue, quit being a ****.

5. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i... i dont think i can

but its really neither here nor there at the moment

6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

I was interested in your opinion of it, and there's no good Thirty Years War thread around.

Anyway I think there were decent reasons for the war, decent for the time period. Obviously looking back, it seems ridiculous, but it solved a lot of problems that Europe had been going through in the latter half of the 16th century.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.