main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asking For Help in Finding Master Yoda....World Tour Update For All

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey Gang,

Need some ideas fast and desperately...

As you all know, Santa Cruz is hosting Yoda's World Tour. Right now our little Master is lost in either the France or the Wales Post and haven't heard from him in over a month. (The sender was given the wrong tracking number in Wales). So..anyone have ANY ideas on getting him located. I've even had the suggestion of going with this to Good Morning America and Today Show. One of the reasonings that it's so disheartening is that I teach Special Education and my kids are absolutely devastated... also lost out on a couple of grants for our classroom because he is lost. (No Yoda to Track..No Lessons on World Georgraphy.. No Lessons on Communicating Around the World...No $$ for my kids).

So anyone have ANY ideas on what we can do to help our brethen in Wales and France work on this (both are trying)....

I mean, a guy was on GMA this morning over something about paperclips for goodness sakes...and I'm not only wanting Yoda back (very sentimental reasons..) but for my Special Ed kids as well. (and trust me, there are somethings, like getting lost in the post that they just don't understand)...Actually have a couple that will tear up every morning while they go and stare at the map and ask, "Did you find him yet?") I mean this has been EVERY morning since we lost him. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and thought.."Well to quote Yoda.."The mind of a child, truly wonderous it is." So if they have such absolute faith that we will get them back, so do I.. any ideas..any one?"

Thanks from One Jedi Master and 28 Very Special Younglings

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Seeing as Yoda has not turned up in either location, I'm still proprosing sending a new Yoda. I'm sad that the original Yoda might be lost, but I don't want this tour to end before Yoda even makes it to mainland Europe. :(

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Jos and I were talking about that tonight... I think we should probably go ahead and get a new one and send it on to Germany.

Still would like the original back. Has either one been able to talk to their respective Posts? Explained to them a bit more?

4. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Just remember you have to "expose" the new one to the same er, programming, as the other one.

5. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ahhhh that means that I'll be "forced" to watch Ewan's...um...performance... in Velvet Goldmine again....

*runs to video stash to make sure DVD is still in working order and ready to go!"

:D

6. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    Kenobi!

I have a Yoda just like yours. His batteries were removed years ago, not sure what shape he's in really. But we could get him started again from Denver, if you want too.

Let me know,

Master Shan

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll have to make a new book. :p

8. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    And this time we'll shove a GPS tracker up his...

*blinks*

Forgot what I was going to say... and why is that little wrinkled green guy waving his hand frantically at me?

Odd.

*shrugs*

Never mind.

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Shan that would be awsome... The only thing is that he MUST be exposed to Ewan's ...um..."exposure" first. LOL

We have to keep the same variables in all of this.

*Now as soon as I get home tonight...back to Velvet Goldmine and more "research.":D

10. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    Master K,

I can send Yoda to you by way of Qui-Mom, you can subject him to the exact same.... "exposure" and send him on his merry way. All I ask is if I can have him back after his world-wide tour.

MS

11. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    NP, of course you can have him back. (I still want mine back as well.)

We'll make sure he gets properly... "exposed." LOL

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    If he comes back with Donna, I can get to work on a new book then send both Yoda and the book off. :)

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok, but remember he MUST watch Velvet Goldmine first! [face_laugh]

14. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Kim, I say take your story to the press. It's got heart in it and that's what the media is going after right now. Odd stories with heart at the center. Get the little green one some real international publicity and hopefully he will turn up.

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    /\ We are going to do that. First we are trying a couple more things to hopefully turn him up. But we have a back-up plan with a second Yoda (thanks to Shan), and Miana is going to be doing recon work with the French Post as we speak.

Also, have CM's from all over giving ideas on this...

So, lets be positive...

[face_praying] :)

16. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I don't really have any input beyond what is already suggested, but I'll add my hopes that the little guy turns up. And if not, it sounds like you do have alternatives that will enable your kids to continue tracking Yoda...even if it's not the same one! :)

- Kai

17. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    OMG I just noticed this thread. It is so great that you are teaching your class about world geography this way. It is only a shame not more countrys has joined then - especially between Greece and Malaysia. Hopefully the little fellow will get back on track now with no further problems.

18. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    My kids love it...except since he's been in Wales for so long, my kids now know enough about that country they could probably apply for citizenship! LOL:D

But it's a great way to teach...(plus its fun for me too!);)

19. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    When you watch, "Velvet Goldmine," remember, "Ziggy Stardust."

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    I LOVED Ziggy Stardust. (which is probably the OTHER reason I loved Velvet Goldmine!) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.