main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ASP Website and phpBB forum help

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Crunchy, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Can someone lend me a hand in getting my website and forum? I recently hooked up with 1and1, I had their stuff previously and upgraded my package to a paying package. Ever since I did that, I have had nothing but problems...

Now I don't blame 1and1, because this is mostly user error, but I thought just simply xferring the files onto the new FTP would automatically get things to work, can anyone help me out so that I can finally update my website for the viewers and help me get my forums back up for our crew?

I am using .asp for the site, and phpBB for the forums

Thanks!

2. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    ok, we got the site to work! yay, now we just need the forums to be back up.

Is anyone here a phpBB guru?

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I know how to download phpBB. I can also give you a very helpful link:

Flash Tutorials.

The first one about installing is what helped me...also the help of a "phpBB guru". ;)

If you need anymore help, PM me. :)

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Did you export the entire database from the old site and upload it onto the new server? Then, you might have to change some configuration options if the new host is set up slightly differently.

5. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I've installed the program many times.

You said you simply transferred the files from your old server to your new one. The problem may require you to CHMOD the phpBB files to a readable format (777). The only other problem I can see would be needing to reset the MySQL Databases from the old server to the new one, if not already done.

6. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    I didn't get to export the database, they took my server down like 5 min after I upgraded, I had to call them to get a backup from them of my forum files...

I have an older backup.sql file, but that's it

7. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    In that case, your most logical course of action would simply to reinstall the entire script with a new MySQL database.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.