main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aspects of a Strong Jedi...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthDiabolous, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDiabolous

DarthDiabolous Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2006
    I was just thinking to myself...

self, what makes a jedi good, is it dueling skills, force power, their potential, thier ability to assess situations and make the best of them, etc...

so i figured i should create this thread,

so if you can list what you think are aspects that make a perfect jedi, and than after that post who is a prime example of that aspect of jedi knight/masterhood...

2. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    When I think of what a "perfect Jedi" is, I think of someone who exemplifies the best qualities in every aspect. They should be a good duelist, as lightsaber training requires discipline, and the Jedi do function as peacekeepers/part time law enforcement. They should be humble, and not proud. Wars do not make one great, after all. Actually, when I think about it, they should pretty much act like Superman does. Jedi should be the "galaxy's biggest boy scouts". Yes, they are strong and tough, but also incredibly fair, humble, with the deepest commitment to justice. Obviously, according to my description, Obi-Wan Kenobi is a far superior role model for Jedi than Anakin Skywalker. Not that Kenobi was the best Jedi ever or anything, but, from the films, Kenobi is probably the closest example we have of what the Jedi can be at their best.

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'd say it's wisdom, selflessness, compassion, the belief that democracy is better than fascism, willingness to destroy the Sith, self-discipline, humility, and pretty much as Davi put it that they should act like Superman and in many ways what humanity can aspire to being.) However, they of course still wouldn't be perfect as they're only human(so to speak.)

I think the prime examples of what it means to be a Jedi would be Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon.

4. Jedi-Queen

Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    That was gonna be my answer.. Obi-Wan (or QGJ).
    For me it's more O-W b/c we see more of him and his struggles and triumphs.
    O-W is the most well-rounded Jedi, he has all the best qualities IMO.

5. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I think the perfect Jedi lies somewhere between Mace Windu and Qui-Gon. I used to think Yoda was the ideal Jedi, but after the PT, not so much.

6. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I'd have to go with Luke Skywalker. And maybe it is because he didn't have all the classic training. He was able to use the Force when he had to and all that, but he never lost sight of the importance of looking out for and helping his friends, he never lost the forest for the trees like the PT Jedi and even Yoda and Obi Wan did. He was a well rounded person, not merely a well rounded force user and that is what made him, for me, the best Jedi; not the "most powerful" in the Dungeons and Dragons sense, but the most human and the one who ultimately facilitated the saving of the galaxy from the Sith. NB: this is based on the films alone, as I haven't read all EU stuff where I have heard he went to the dark side, etc.

7. Jedi-Queen

Feb 16, 2005
    Yes and no to Luke saving the galaxy.
    If it wasn't for him Vader would not have turned against Sids, but in turn
    if not for Vader Luke would have died right there and the rebellion would be lost.
    I see what ya mean, but my best pic is still Obi-Wan :)

8. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Someone who does the right thing in the moment.

9. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Connecting to the inner peace and unleashing a selfless being who lets the force flow and do its will. To be a pebble in the path that is the greater whole.

Skills have nothing to do with it, the force is the most powerful ally you can have.

10. Jedi-Queen

Feb 16, 2005
    "Skills have nothing to do with it,"

It has to have something to do with it.
    Jedi are trained to defend themselves and use a lightsaber..obviously
    they need these skills or the training would not exist.
    The force allows the Jedi to utilize their skills to the fullest potential
    or to a potential that is far greater than the average person; ex: bursts of
    speed, high jumping etc..

11. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Yes,there taught to use a lightsaber to defend themselves. But if the jedi is completely intune with the force, they could become a master duelist with barely any training. The Force controls your actions, and therefore if your completely infused in it, letting it take control of everything you are and what you do, you can do anything.

12. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Im not so sure about that. I very much doubt a Jedi who spent his whole time meditating is going to be much good with a lightsaber. Some people are born naturaly sportsman, but they have to put the work in to be any good.

The most important aspect of being a jedi for me, is doing what is right in the moment. Trsuting your feelings is the way into that.

Everything else is secondary to that, but important - be it force powers, skills and what have you.

13. Jedi-Queen

Feb 16, 2005
    "But if the jedi is completely intune with the force, they could become a master duelist with barely any training."

Are you getting this from somewhere or it's just your opinion?
    I disagree btw.
    If that was the case why bother training them to begin with

14. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    different people are gonna have natural tendencies to be better at certain Force related activities than others. Without going into an EU explanation (although that would be the easiest way to explain it, by far) people have different skill sets, despite how in tune they are with the Force. No matter how much training you have, you will never be as good at basketball as Michael Jordan was. You could ride your bike every day for years, and never win the Tour De France 7 times like Lance Armstrong. Anakin Skywalker was hardly the most meditative Jedi out there...he was rebellious, cocky, and headstrong. He was certainly not in tune with the Force, he actively rebelled against it...yet, as a duelist, he was almost without peer in the Jedi order. Skywalkers have innate talent at it. Anakin was, to put it simply, a natural. His skills had little to do with how meditative he was, and more to do with his own abilities. Some Jedi will just be better at dueling, some will be better at telekinesis, some will be better at other Jedi skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.