main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Assassin?s Chance[Karrde/Shada, Kyle/Jan, Cenev/Zira]Humour/Mush/Angst: *Updated March 21st*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the_jedi_princess, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Me thinks me's gona like this next trick.

2. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    HEy tjp great postie and dont feel bad.. three readers that dont lurk is all i have

3. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hehe. Cenev's so smart...

~~Jilly

4. MisterGiggles

MisterGiggles Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2004
    hey im new here, but i gotta say this fan fic is great, especially since you're tappin into my favourite character, kyle katarn!

keep up the good work!

5. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    I *finally* got around to reading fics...and I must say, those were very nice twists! Keep it up, TJP!

-JSD

6. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Hello and greetings to all my new readers and to those who have just decided to drop in a 'hello' themselves. Hope you continue to enjoy this fic.[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiroc stared at the data that scrolled across his screen, drool collecting in the corner of his lips as he let out a rumbling chuckle. Hexnon looked at him, then out the viewport toward the ship in the distant.

?Ors was foolish to let such information slip.? Xiroc turned to his aide. ?We must be very careful in eradicating Ors and Katarn from the planet. We cannot afford to cause any damage to the planet itself.?

Heznon nodded. ?I agree, Greatness. This planet would be a great asset.?

?Yes.? Xiroc turned back to the planet, eyes reflecting his desire to own it. Looking to the side, his gaze found the communications controller. ?Order our group to make a raid on the planet and remove Ors and Katarn from the equation. But they must not damage the planet itself, understood??

?Yes, my Lord.?

Xiroc grinned, watching as several ships shot forward toward the planet, the Raven?s? Claw fulling back. He leant forward as the distance closed, waiting for the firing to begin, waiting for the inevitable?

He straightened sharply. ?What was that??

Several of his minions began scrambling around the sensors as yet another ship exploded without warning, the Raven?s Claw having not fired a single shot. Another ship exploded, anger beginning to bubble to life in the pit of the Hutt?s stomach.

?Well??

?A-a-asteroids, sir.? One answered, shifting uncomfortably. ?Meteors. Right in the entry path onto the planet.?

?I thought the original scan of the planet indicated that there was no asteroid or meteoric activity in the system.?

?They did sir.?

He pointed as another ship exploded. ?Then explain this!?

A sense of nervousness rolled over the crew. ?We cannot sir. They appeared out of nowhere. Our only explanation is that the Yuuzhan Vong-?

?Enough!? Xiroc fumed. ?There is no Vong within a hundred systems from this planet. There has to be another explanation. Now find a way through that band and get to the planet.?

?Sir? we cannot plot a course. The meteors are unsettled. They seem to move directly into the path of our ships as they approach.?

Xiroc let out a roar of fury, slamming a fist down onto the table by his throne. ?She lied to us!?

Heznon turned. ?Sir??

?Ors lied to us. My rivals have spoken of this happening to them in the past. There is but one explanation.? Xiroc pointed down toward the surface. ?Blade?s still on that planet!?

[color=7000CC]Busted.[/color] ;)

7. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Cool use of rocks :D !!!!!

Teh PsychoUpper Strikes again

8. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    TJP!! Great JOB!!!!

and YEah

BUSTED :p

9. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Yup, Busted.

~~Jilly

10. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Uh-oh spagetti-o!

nina

ps.Thats really not how you spell spagetti?

11. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    Hee hee hee. Take that, Xiroc, you mean old slug.

-JSD

12. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Like that, did you? :D [/color]

Zira looked up as the comm buzzed, shooting a look at Cenev as he sat with his eyes closed, mind focused toward the sky and the distant rocks. Shrugging she reached forward, switching it on.

?-know you?re there. Answer me, Blade. This is your old friend Xiroc. I?m willing to negotiate.?

Zira frowned, looking out toward the blue horizon. The meteors must have given them away. She knew Cenev had used this trick in the past, and that a couple of the other members of the Invincibles had used it as well. Xiroc must have put two and two together.

?Don?t reply.?

Zira looked to the side. ?He knows, Rio.?

?I know he knows, and I know that in answering we will confirm his guess that I am present.? Cenev?s brown eyes slitted open, jaw muscles tight. ?Our silence will be our reply.?

Zira nodded, switching the audio of the comm back off, noticing another blinking and hitting the switch. ?Yes we heard, Jan.?

?He?s starting to get mad,? Jan replied. ?He?s ordered his men to fire upon the asteroids, destroying them. I think he believes that in doing so he will disrupt Cenev?s concentration.?

Cenev smirked. ?Actually, he?s making my job easier.?

?What I really called about is that we forgot about something.? Jan sighed. ?Lets just say that there is a ship in the atmosphere.?

Zira slapped a hand against her forehead as her mind blazed with remembrance. ?Quen!?

?He?s moving,? Jan confirmed. ?Toward the homestead, and my scanners detect that his weapons are charging.?

Cenev shot a look to the side. ?Kyle get the shield up??

Zira tapped a key, swallowing hard. ?I?m not getting a reading here.?

?He told me it was up,? Jan said, a touch of unease to her voice. ?It must have malfunctioned.?

Zira nodded, reaching for her comlink. ?I?ll deal with it. You just concentrate on those rocks, Master Maganna.?

?Just tell him to hurry up, sweetheart.?

?Very graphically, baby.? Zira looked toward the comm. ?Consider it taken care of, Jan. Just make sure nothing else gets into the atmosphere.?

?Piece of cake.?

[color=7000CC]So how many of you forgot about Quen?[/color] ;)

13. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    *Raises hand*

I did.

nina

14. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Naughty naughty.

:p

15. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    *Hangs head* Me too.

-JSD

16. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    I rememberd some1 was in atmosphere.

The Hutts in trouble........

17. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    I forgot too.

~~Jilly

18. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    So did I so u can make all of us feel bad! :p

Great Post !

19. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    How absent minded of you all! *raps knuckles all around*

So what do you think is going to happen? Ideas? Guesses? Theories? Anything?

20. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]None of you took an open stab in the dark at what might happen, but nevertheless lets find out how you did.[/color]

?Here he comes.?

Karrde nodded, tightening his grip on the controls of turbolaser. ?Anything on the shields??

?Not yet.? Shada sighed, then chuckled. ?I must admit though, my respect for Zira went up tenfold. Not only is she a rather gifted mechanic, she is also rather gifted in terms of being able to string a collection of insults together so well they seem to be one long rather graphic fluent sentence.?

?Really?? Karrde smiled, stroking his goatee then setting himself. ?Quen appears to be slowing.?

?My guess he?s going to try for a precision shot: take out the homestead but leave everything else in tact. Wouldn?t want to damage Xiroc?s future property after all.?

?Indeed.? Karrde glanced to the side as he saw a flicker. ?Almost.?

?Mm.? At the other turbolaser, Shada?s eyes remained on the approaching ship. ?He?s got his own shields up, and there doesn?t look to be a weak spot.?

?He?s expecting us to fight back.?

?I?ll say.? Shada frowned as there came another flicker. ?Why do I have a feeling that our shield is never going to work??

Karrde smiled, adjusting the crosshairs to take in the ship. ?You?re simply being pessimistic, my dear. Remember: we haven?t lost until we?re all dead.?

Shada smiled in return. ?You?re right.?

?I haven?t lasted this long by thinking I?m going to die every time someone pulls a blaster on me.?

?That?s because you usually have Dankin or Chin standing by ready to level a blaster on them.?

?True.? Karrde straightened. ?He?s positioning his cannons.?

Shada looked closer, seeing the weapons placements swivelling to take in the homestead. She frowned as she spotted something. ?Talon? he?s distracting us.?

Karrde frowned. ?What do you mean??

?Some time while our attention was diverted, he?s landed. That ship is running by remote.?

?What makes you say that??

?There are no life readings. That ship is empty. He?s on the ground-?

Karrde straightened sharply as she cut off abruptly. ?Shada?? No answer. ?Shada? Shada, what?s happened? Are you all right??

There was a crackle, followed by a mechanical and heavily accented voice. ?Your woman is fine for now. Simply surrender yourself, and I will leave her unharmed.?

Karrde?s hands balled into fists, anger and despair washing through his normally impassive and controlled emotions. ?Quen.?

[color=7000CC]I bet none of you guessed that.[/color] [face_devil]

21. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    Yay! First reply postie!

Oh, crap. This is not good. Not good at all...

-JSD

22. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Not...good!
    Great Post!

23. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    oooooooooohhhh..................scary
    Shada isnt easy to beat
    Up soon

24. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    I certainly didn't see that one coming...

~~Jilly

25. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]And it gets better... or worse... or whatever...[/color] :p

Shada slowly came around, mentally kicking herself for allowing her guard to be down. As soon as she had realised that the ship was empty, she should have put herself on guard, but instead she had gotten sloppy, allowing Quen to come up behind her and stun her.

She was lying on the ground, bound hand and feet, giving her no chance for escape or defence. She shifted, testing her bonds only to feel the cold round point press against her back.

?I would suggest no movement,? the accented voice said, underlined heavily with a mechanical air. ?Your boss will be along shortly.?

Great. Not only had she allowed herself to get captured, but now Quen had the perfect thing to make Karrde surrender. She was getting too relaxed, too cocky. There had once been a time she would have never allowed herself to become this, but that time was long ago.

She was mellowing in her old age.

Hearing a light footstep, Shada looked up too see Karrde moving toward them, and Shada was shocked by how old and tired he suddenly looked. He ?was? old, but it had never shown? until now. His pale blue gaze fell upon her before her line of sight was obscured by large black boots as the Rodian stepped forward.

?Weapon on ground.?

Karrde did as he was told, raising his hands in defence before he nodded toward where Shada lay. ?Let her go and I will come with you willingly.?

?You are in no place to negotiate.? Quen raised his rifle, levelling it on the smuggling chief, his mechanical eye whirring as it glowed red, scanning for any other weapons and finding none. ?You will come, as will she. Xiroc wants you both.?

?Why??

?Ask him yourself.? A light flashed on the device on the side on Quen?s head, the two hearing the low hum of an engine as his ship began its approach. ?He looking forward to seeing you.?

Karrde raised an eyebrow. ?You do realise that Xiroc will probably kill you once he has Shada and I in his custody.?

Quen didn?t even flinch. ?Not my problem at the moment. First, get you to ship. Move.?

Karrde looked toward Shada as Quen reached down and hurled her up by the back of her jacket, dragging her with him as Karrde walked ahead, hands still held spread open in a submissive way.

They reached the end of the passage and found the ship waiting, ramp slowly lowering as they made their approach. Shada fought the urge to try to break away, knowing full well that any movement of hers would get Karrde killed, and also knowing that Karrde knew it worked the other way too. Quen wasn?t as dumb as he looked, and Xiroc wanted them dead anyhow.

That?s it, then. It?s over. Shada sighed. All our fighting, our hiding, our hard work for nothing. And I didn?t even get the chance to fight. This is not the way I wanted to go. There must be another way?

She looked up as Quen stopped dead, the Rodian calling for Karrde to wait. The man did as told, Quen scanning his surroundings and raising his rifle as he dropped Shada roughly onto the ground. Shada didn?t really care for the rough treatment as she smiled at the noise.

Up ahead on the path, the silvery-aqua blade glowed, green eyes burning beneath carefully braded ebony hair as the Dathomiri witch set herself, expression hard as she prepared herself for the battle. The deciding battle.

Too the death.

[color=70000CC]Yet another fight scene![/color] :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.