main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Assistance Needed - Paint BB-8

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Oct 19, 2015.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    hyperdyne has requested some assistance getting his static BB-8 painted in time for TFA event on December 18th. If you can help...please send him a PM or post here!!!

2. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    SO no one wants to help paint BB-8? 30 folks have looked at this post and no one has replied?

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Perhaps posting some additional details would help. Where would this take place and when?

nnaydolem likes this.
  4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I have asked jim to hop on and update. :) he said he would do that. :)

5. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2004
    Basically if we want a static bb-8 for the premiere I need people that can paint (good with rattle can) and also mount the body panels. I will have all the body panel parts soon and am getting a ball for the body. The dome is already printed and just needs primer and paint. I have the electronics for the dome. I have all the details of the colors and mounting orientation for all the panels that I can provide.

If this is something of interest please let me know. If there is enough help we may be able to motorize the dome with some sounds. I have been working on the rolling version here and it is a big time sink...

nnaydolem likes this.
  6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    If it is something that I can paint on my back patio of my condo, then I can probably do it. I'll probably have to make a plastic paint box... but if no one else has time, i will make time to do this.

nnaydolem likes this.