main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Assistance with a plotting idea.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by nickamano, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickamano

nickamano Jedi Knight

Mar 6, 2009
    "Hello there!"

I'm plotting a series of short stories that willtell the tales of "The Lost Nineteen" Jedi Knights - (Count Dooku, being the twentieth, doesn't need his story repeating hence Lost Nineteen not Lost Twenty).

Here comes the request - does anyone have any interesting ideas or thoughts as to specific reasons a Jedi Knight would want to leave the Order?

I say specific because saying, for example - "Political reasons" - to too vague an idea to start from.
    Also, I'm planning to spread the nineteen over the entire recorded history of the Jedi Order (30,000 years!), so having ideas that only relate to the Palpatine era won't work either.

Can anyone help?

Regards
    Nickamano

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I think a Jedi leaving because they've come to believe in a different philosophy of the Force, like the Potentium might be interesting, who believe there is no light side or dark side. It would be very different than the usual "falling to the dark side" storyline. There are other groups of Force users like the Fallanassi, or any sect from this list that could be interesting.

Though it would also be cool if one of the Lost Nineteen was one of the Jedi who discovered Korriban and the Sith species, and I would love to see the first one be one of the "Je'daii" who followed the "Bogan" in the first Force War on Tython.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I can think of a lot of reasons to want out. The "No Attachment" rule is not normal for humans. Also, I would think they might get burnt out from constantly going into harms way. Maybe they want children. They could balk at taking orders. They could have an intense desire to do something else with their life. Maybe they are a lover and not a fighter. If the Jedi ever got in contact with their family and found out they were taken against their parents' will...that could make them dislike the Jedi. They could go darkside or get involved with drugs. Depression, PTSD could make a person want to leave the order.

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hello. We strongly discourage having threads asking for help on a specific story here, as this forum is mostly for discussing more general fanfic topics. I suggest posting your question in the Writer's Desk HERE and people would be more than happy to give you suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.