main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Associated Press reporter seeking Star Wars travelers/visitors to SF Yoda Fountain

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by garanceburke, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garanceburke

garanceburke Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2011
    Hi FanForce,
    I'm a reporter with The Associated Press in San Francisco and am posting here to introduce myself...
    I'm getting in touch because I'm hoping to write a piece about the trips members of the Star Wars fan community take to important Star Wars sites, including to visit the statue of Yoda outside the Letterman Digital Arts Center in the Presidio.
    I know Star Wars fans sometimes to stop by to pose for pictures with Yoda here, but I'm aware that it's just one of many important sites, including location shoots in Death Valley, Tunisia, etc.
    If you're in San Francisco in the next two weeks and plan to visit the Yoda fountain, or if you or others you know in the Star Wars community have visited the statue, could you please get in touch via phone or email?
    I really want to make sure I include the voices of fans in this story, and the best number to reach me is 415 495 1708, email gburke@ap.org.
    Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
    Best,
    Garance

Garance Burke
    Reporter
    The Associated Press
    San Francisco
    gburke@ap.org
    @garanceburke
    T 415-495-1708

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hi there, will drop you an e-mail soon! :D thanks for your interest in our club!

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    The article is out. To prevent operational security of certain projects we have been working on I decided to pass the buck to the other groups in the area. This wasn't about to get SFFF publicity and if anything it was just a simple fluff piece... more fuel for LFL's marketing fire really. I personally will not contribute to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.