main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asteroid Field Tutorial?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Hellfire, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellfire

Hellfire Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2004
    I was wondering if anyone could point me to a tutorial for creating an asteriod field similar to the one in this shot

Geonosis

I'm trying to make a Skybox for a game I play called Never Winter Nights and can't seem to find a Max or Photoshop tutorial for making such a scene.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

2. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I know a couple of methods for Lightwave but not Max, sorry.

3. Hellfire

Hellfire Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2004
    What would it take to get you to do one for me and render it out at 2048x512?

I kinda did one using a particle system.. but the result wasnt that great considering it was the first time I have ever tried making a particle system

here was the result
    Asteroid Field

4. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Actually, that looks pretty good, if you want the blur, then move the camera forward really fast and then add motion blur.

5. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Whats your Lightwave method?

6. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Hellfire...that looks fine.

As for lightwave methods, there are two basic ways that I know of. One is to do it using hypervoxels and the other is to do it by modelling asteroids then cloning them. There are also different ways to clone the asteroids (point clone plus, particle emitter, etc.). I think you can find all the tutorials here: LW space tutorials.

7. waco

waco Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2004
    Hi im new here but i know of a few ways to get the effect you would like.

have you tryed Array command it will alow you to move clone and rotate and scale the object you want you can then select instance so they all looke the same or you can select copy then adjust them to look differant which i think would be more realistic any way but but you can then move them to the position you want this gives you an advantage unless you looking for a still camara shot because you can then move the camera around the fiald as if from the cockpit of the space craft or you can zoom in on the target ship in question i dont know why your making the field or i could go further in to comment.

waco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.