main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Astral Projection or tips to help me leave my body

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Wylding, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    Neon_Ninja, I did alot of thinking about your statements last night. And a couple of things are apparent to me.

He was "caught up." Not, "He took himself." There is a profound difference. If and when God wants you to see something, He'll take you, not the other way around. This is in reference you 2 Cor.

Actually if you go back and read it, it states that he doesn't know if he was in his body or out of it when he was caught up. Therefore, he could have been projecting and traveling the astral plane or just sitting there when it happened. That's pretty clear at least to me.

As far as 1 Cor. goes, it does indeed look like Paul left his body to go check up on this dude himself.

I agree. Also, I would go a bit further and say that Paul practiced AP as did many of the early Christians. Also, even if you are right about the first part, about being "caught up," you can't say that regarding Paul's AP. He's the one in control and appears to be projecting of his own free will.

In addition, I would point out to you that Paul makes no moral judgement on those who can AP. I draw the conclusion that it is a spiritual tool and like any tool it can be used for good or evil, to harm or to heal etc. It is a part of our lost Christian heritage. It's a shame that we have to re-learn about it from others, but that's what happens when you indulge your fears...knowledge is lost and the spirit moves on. Indeed, I think the first real step to spirituality is conquering ones fears. It's a huge and profound step, but until it's done no true growth can happen.

Neon_Ninja, I noticed that you mentioned a Spirit Guide. I want you to point out to me anywhere in the thread where I said I wanted to meet one.

2. Neon_Ninja

Neon_Ninja Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    **Neon_Ninja, I noticed that you mentioned a Spirit Guide. I want you to point out to me anywhere in the thread where I said I wanted to meet one.**

You didn't. I was adding fluff. As for the rest of our arguments, I believe where we disagree is simply in how we CHOOSE to fill in the blanks. I believe those blanks are best filled by thinking that God choses those who are best suited to recieve specific kinds of gifts like AP. You seem to think that Paul really wanted AP and worked hard at it and then achieved it and because he was Paul the really cool Christian, he used it for good instead of evil. To me, both are convincing arguments. I just believe mine to be right and yours to be wrong. However, let me say that belief is predicated on doubt, so my belief is by no means ironclad. It is what I choose because it makes the most sense to ME.

BTW, let me know if it ever happens for you.

Oh, a little more info I'll share with you. I too have TRIED AP. I have never actually done it of my own free will. However, during the period where I was dabbling, it DID HAPPEN. It freaked the ever-living crap out of me and I don't try anymore. There have been other occassions where I believe I have had experiences similar to Paul's and many Christians' where I have been "caught up in the Spirit." ALL of these times have been absolutely incredible, but at no point have I done this myself. This is why I read your passages in I and II Cor. the way I do.

3. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    Hey Wylding. I found this thread by fluke and am glad you started it. I too have been having trouble leaving my body and in my deep meditations, I become so clear minded and at peace that my years of ensomnia catch up with me and I fall asleep. lol. I noticed that you found a helpful site and I'm gonna go take a boo now. Good luck with your attempts and if you should have any luck, I'd love to get a PM from you.

4. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    Good luck to you as well :)

5. audio_karate

audio_karate Jedi Master star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    No luck as of yet, Wylding?

Please keep us updated, should that change. :) My curiosity is certainly piqued.

6. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Wylding: I haven't read every single post on this thread, but I've done some skimming, so, this might be redundant. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? To travel to the "astral plane"? Or to permanently "leave" your body? :confused:

I've had some "experience" with the former, but not the latter. :)

7. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    audio_karate, actually, I've had some success. I've projected successfully twice, but they were both on accident. The head of our Jujitsu system recommended that I not do it until a bit later when I'm ready. I told him I'd wait, but what can I say it happened by accident. I wasn't trying for it to happen. Anyway, right now I'm just working on energy development (which will help quite a bit with projection).

Wylding: I haven't read every single post on this thread, but I've done some skimming, so, this might be redundant. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? To travel to the "astral plane"? Or to permanently "leave" your body?

I've had some "experience" with the former, but not the latter.

Valyn, I don't want to permanently leave my body at all. I rather like this phyical reality and am still attached to it! However, I would like to travel the astral plane and the real-time zone as it is called by some. Tell us of your experinces if you want to...

8. audio_karate

Jul 23, 2001
    Congratulations are in order then, I suppose...? (I'm happy that my assumption was incorrect.) :)

Would you care to elaborate on how the "accidents" occurred? Were you meditating, or otherwise acting to instigate the projections, albeit inadvertently? Could you describe the experience, whether in physical, mental, emotional, etc., terms? Were you lucid during or after the actual projections? How long was the duration of each?

I apologize for the onslaught of questions, but I am honestly intrigued; you don't mind too much, I hope!

Edit: My questions were directed specifically towards Wylding, but also toward others with such success at projecting themselves in the astral plane. Inform me, please. :)

9. _Darth_Brooks_

_Darth_Brooks_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, Wylding,

Hmm. From my own spiritual encounters, I have to join the voices that have urged caution.

My own spiritual experiences in this area were not good ones. I can't claim to have ever successfully achieved astral projection, but states of lucid dreaming, and some wide awake encounters.

It is definitely a dangerous, dangerous realm, and if you get there...you will unfortunately more than likely learn exactly what I mean.

And you can't walk away quite the same.

I have a very dear personal friend who experienced lucid, concious, out of body experiences, and were she here she'd warn you in the strongest possible way, to beware.

What I do know, I'm certain you do as well, that it's also tied into that area between waking and concious often, another danger zone. Don't know the whys' or how's, only that I've had some trouble in those areas.
    I wouldn't put myself through that again.

One piece of advice, please heed it; if you do succeed, and you are met by something you think is benevolent, or a "spirit guide", ask it who it says Jesus Christ is. This is Scriptural, and I do know it works for a F...A...C...T!! You may come across nothing initially, but eventually, if not immediately, you will need a water-hose to put out the fire, so to speak.

10. audio_karate

Jul 23, 2001
    May I infer from your post, _Darth_Brooks_, that you believe the astral plane to be religious in nature? I get the same impression from Wylding's previous posts, as well, i.e. [it] is the realm where angels and demons reside.

What do you think about the existence of such a plane, absent of any religious implications?

Perhaps my understanding and definition of the astral plane is merely different than both of yours? To put it concisely, I think of it as a realm inhabited (for lack of a better word) by pure consciousness and auras. Am I off base? Is there a (single) standard, technical definition? I do believe some research on my part is in order.

Edit: I neglected to comment on your wary tone regarding your experiences, Brooks. I've read all of the other posters' warnings, but none struck me as overtly ominous as yours. Something quite disturbing must have occurred. It sounds as if Wylding knows enough to be cautious, however.

11. _Darth_Brooks_

_Darth_Brooks_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2000
    Karate,
    I don't want to preempt Wylding's thread.
    I'll just send you a brief PM.

12. audio_karate

Jul 23, 2001
    Understood, received, and responded to, Brooks.

13. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    audio_karate wrote: Congratulations are in order then, I suppose...? (I'm happy that my assumption was incorrect.)

Thank you very much...I'm quite happy about it. :D

Would you care to elaborate on how the "accidents" occurred? Were you meditating, or otherwise acting to instigate the projections, albeit inadvertently? Could you describe the experience, whether in physical, mental, emotional, etc., terms? Were you lucid during or after the actual projections? How long was the duration of each?

Well, I always try to meditate at least once a day, but I wasn't actively trying to instigate the projection. The first time it happened I was in that cozy state where your not awake, but not asleep. I became aware that I was awake and in my room, but not in my body! I was quite surprised to say the least. Prior to that, I wasn't aware of any exit symptoms such as buzzing, rapid heartbeat, etc. Anyway, it was completely dark in the house, but there was an odd light illuminating everything...a bluish, purplish, reddish light. I moved out of my room and down the hall and tried to turn left, but I wasn't able to go left. I just turned left and kept on sliding on my orginal trajectory! It was like I was on ice or something. It was unlike anything I've ever experienced. Anyway, that freaked me out a bit and I immediately popped back into my body. I was wide awake and went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror...I'm not sure why I did that.

The second time it happened the circumstances were the same. I was in that cozy state (alpha brain waves I'm sure), but I became aware that my spirit was seperating from my body. This was unlike anything I'd experienced before because my consciousness was above the bed looking down at my body and watching my spirit seperate. It was like watching a sparkling white light in the shape of me leave my body. After that I don't have any memory of what happened. I awoke with the memory of it.

Both times I wasn't consciously trying to exit. I must say that it was quite an experience!

I apologize for the onslaught of questions, but I am honestly intrigued; you don't mind too much, I hope!

Not at all that's why I created this little thread in the first place.

Darth_Brooks, I'm well aware of the danger that exists on the astral plane. And I will test the spirits as the bible says to do. It is a foolish person who thinks that the Astral Plane is harmless. However, I think there's just as much danger from spiritual entities on the physical plane as well, and I ask God to enter my temple everyday. So there's no need to fear. I would encourage you to pursue the astral plane Darth_Brooks. It sounds as if the enemy has scared you away from it. It's a tragedy when someone who has the potential buries that potential. I think you get my meaning. :) To limit oneself to the physical is to limit ones spiritual development.

PS And nothing bad assailed me. I was protected because my God dwells within me :) and He will never leave me nor forsake me. :D

I had a thought regarding spiritual development. Perhaps DB you're just not ready for it yet. Indeed, you've said that you have no experience with it yourself. I can say from experience that a Lucid Dream and Projecting are quite different and easily discernable...as I've had both. If you had a bad Lucid dream DB that was probably your own fault.

I'd like to hear what you have to say so long as you don't take over the thread so to speak.

14. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Wylding: "I don't want to permanently leave my body at all. I rather like this phyical reality and am still attached to it! However, I would like to travel the astral plane and the real-time zone as it is called by some. Tell us of your experinces if you want to..."

From the above posts, I presume that you've succeeded in your search? :)

I'm pretty sure that there's a bunch of websites that could help you in case you haven't found success as yet.

All I remember from my "experiences", is that you need to be in a relaxed state...like, meditating. :)

15. audio_karate

Jul 23, 2001
    I was wide awake and went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror...I'm not sure why I did that.

To make sure you were all there (so to speak), perhaps...? [face_laugh]

A very natural and human response, I think. :)

16. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    You're probably right about that audio_karate.

Valyn, you're right I have succeeded in my search :)

17. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.