main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Astronomicon 9 - Nov 11th-13th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    It would be wonderful if the Author GOH was a woman who wrote at least 1 ST book (for the theme), but much more than that (to bring in a bigger crowd) like Barbara Hambley or perhaps one of the big authors who wrote a Trek short story like Anne Rice. But they are probably out of our league, huh?

2. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    ... why does the ICG cost money? (sorry if its off topic, but its really bothering my "Curiosity Gland")

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I would assume those two authors are outside of Astronomicon's budget. Plus to be a guest of honor a major portion of your work needs to be sci-fi/fantasy, not just a "cameo" in the genre.

I was wondering the same thing about ICG and couldn't find an answer on the SickPups website (and didn't take the time to look at the main site). It's always polite when you ask someone for money - to tell them what they're getting in return.

~Doc_Bev

4. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I looked up that book of Trek short stories that I remembered Anne Rice's name from. It was so long ago that I bought it that I didn't remember whether the stories were written by the actual famous authors or in their styles. Sorry Rice fans, the story was just written in her style.

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    They just announced the next meeting of the Convention Committee for Astronomicon. If anyone has anything they'd like me to bring up at the meeting - let me know before Tuesday afternoon.

~Doc_Bev

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I've just left my 2nd VM with the winner of The Rebellion raffle. If I can't get ahold of him before Village Gate I'm tempted to re-use those prizes for the Toy Show's raffle.

~Doc_Bev

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    In that case...I would call and leave a warning message saying Hey...if we dont hear back from you by..Friday...you lose etc etc.

8. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    wasn't that an Rit 'er just make sure he's not away on holiday break or inbetween thier funny tri-mesters??????/

9. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    They should be back by now...

10. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    For some reason I thought he was living here in the states. Oh well. I am sure we may be able to find someone maybe, but would they be to obscure for anyone to care enough? We should try to cme up with some SW related activities to add to the Con, that we could run.

11. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Actually, when we had Mike here a few years ago for MookieCon, he had a pretty good turn out. One of his latest adventures was 'The Muppets Wizard of Oz.' He does a ton of stuff outside of SW.

And he's not living in England, he's in the states. He just got married last month (his wife sent me the wedding pictures. :) )

12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Yeah thats what I thought. I remember Rich talking about going and visiting him at one point.

13. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Yeah, he's moved since then though. But still in the states. ;)

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, that's good to know. Maybe for 2007 we can think of inviting him. I think we might already have more media guests for 2006 than Astronomicon can afford.

~Doc_Bev

15. NienNunb1

NienNunb1 Jacksonville, NC FanForce VIP VIP

Nov 3, 2003
    Will there be cocktails???....:cool:

16. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Wow! THE MIKE QUINN posted on our forums thats SWEET! Welcome Mike, of course we will take care of cocktails :cool:

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    WOW! is right!
    Welcome to our boards Mr. Quinn!

If you're free Nov 10th-12 we'd be excited to have you at Astronomicon 10.
    I'm not sure what we could cover for you (i.e. room, travel expenses) without talking to the Con Chair, but I'm sure we could swing the cocktails! :D

~Doc_Bev

18. NienNunb1

NienNunb1 Jacksonville, NC FanForce VIP VIP

Nov 3, 2003
    Thanks guys and gals. I've had so much fun traveling and meeting people. Star Wars has actually given me so much, especially in recent years. Who'da thunk it?
    At the moment I've "almost" retired from shows (especially the ones that involve a lot of traveling) to put some of those energies into doing more performing and setting up a production company.

However, I sure miss it all and hope that sometime soon Jerri and I can come out and play again. I still want to get my Nien Nunb costume built. So I think it's just a matter of time before that will be possible once more.

The last time I was in Rochester was for MookieCon 2. Neither Mookie nor I were ever the same again.... [face_beatup]

I'll be sure to poke my nose in here again soon. In the meantime, have fun and take care everyone okay?

Thanks and be sure to bug me now and then eh?

Mike

19. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Hello. Thats cool. Thanks for posting. I am sorry I missed you when you came to Rochester back then. We would love to have you here again.

20. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Mike,
    Good luck with your production company and your other endevours, of course you would always be welcome here in Rochester :). I do hope that you will eventually get back on the show circuit. You are one on the nicest people for a show to have, your plesant and friendly nature, is always so nice for the fans.

Duane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.