1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Asylum

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by JediHighlander, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Republic_Anvil Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 24, 2009
    star 1
    OOC: Sorry for the repeated posting. I am updating through mobile phone and it limits the amount of text I can use. So I have had to break it up into three posts.

    -Anvil-
  2. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    OOC: Does the fifty post nomination dance!! Woot!! [face_dancing] (sorry, had to get that out of my system) :p

    ****************
    Jaden Korr
    Location: Unknown Space station, Main Operations Chamber

    The resulting shockwave from the colliding Force energies threw everyone backwards, but thanks to the force, Jaden was able to recover his trajectory before becoming a smear against the bulkhead. After vaulting off a wall, Jaden turned in time to catch a glimpse of the Dusty Man beating a hasty retreat through a vent. Jaden was of the mind to pursue their attacker, when he suddenly sensed something, something so strong that it completely gripped his attention and caused him to abandon his pursuit.

    Still in a Zero-G environment, the Jedi landed gracefully, then took several steps towards the epicenter of the force blast, but did not cross an invisible threshold. Jaden wore a curious expression on his face, as he ever so slowly and tentatively, reached forward with one hand towards something unseen.

    What he sensed and felt was quite unnerving and caused him to recoil his hand.

    "Kyle!" Jaden called to his Master with a strong voice.

    "You might want to see this."

    Jaden was looking at empty space before him, but only one with the force could sense what he was sensing.

    A Void.

    Two things went through Jaden's mind. This is what it felt like when in the presence of a ysalamiri, which to him were living paradoxes. If living things were intrinsically dependent on the force to live, then how was a ysalamiri even alive if it repulsed the very thing that gave it life? Well, that was one mystery for Jedi scholars. The other thing on his mind he spoke aloud.

    "Earlier when we were fighting the revenant inside the backroom, I noticed it suffered a great deal of damage when we hit it with the Force. More than when hit conventionally, and now....this....."

    Jaden titled his head and used his force senses to glean information. Was the void expanding or receding. Did the explosion create a vacuum that was now being re-filled, or was this 'void' something more permanent. So far he couldn't tell.

    "This 'tainted force'. It makes us feel ill, but I suspect that if we get hit with it, the results could be catastrophic. The reverse is true. If we hit them with 'clean force', they could not withstand it. Not sure what effects it will have on those who don't have force powers..."

    Jaden glanced around at the others before continuing.

    "Now the force is everywhere, that much we know. This 'taint' is unnatural. Something or someone is generating it. It has a catalyst.... and I think I may know who the culprit is."

    At this point Jaden looked at both Malak and Kyle.

    "Before the doors opened, I saw a man with black hair and a scar across his face, floating outside the viewport. He was not wearing a suit. It was a quick glimpse, but I know I did not imagine it. I've never seen him before, so I do not know who he is, but I'm pretty sure he is behind all this."

    Jaden paused for a heartbeat as his gaze now traveled to the blinking light.

    "I think we'd better try and restore power, and probably try to find a working data-port. If we knew where we were and who was here, perhaps we might get a better idea of what's going on."

    With that, Jaden fell silent and moved to join carbonite man at the panel with the blinking light. He seriously hoped they didn't think he'd hit his head during the altercation. After a moment, his gaze rose as he looked up at the vent the dusty man had used to escape.

    Hmmm. Now where did that lead, he wondered.

    Tag: Fins, Vangarian, Aurelius, Rally, Anvil
  3. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    ooc: Know what you mean, *joins dancing*

    Kyle Katarn
    Spacestation, we slowly get a real location header, do we?

    The creature´s power and their met and something strange seemed to happen. Kyle did not care too much, as something had unbalanced him and he whirled out of control, his shots not hitting that thing. When he had his floating under control again, it was gone. It had not hurt any of them. Not invincible. Not at all. Kyle remarked mentally. He had actually found few things in the galaxy which could not be killed with a little effort to do so, but here he was actually preferring not to fight. You are becoming a Jedi Master, get used to it.

    "Kyle!" Jaden called to his Master with a strong voice. He turned and floated towards his apprentice, using the force to guide his flight. "You might want to see this."

    The boy hadn´t said the words, when Kyle realized something was wrong. Instinctively he tried to locate their enemy. The force reaching out to find his presence. Only to find the force . . . gone. Right before them. A void? Absence of the force?

    Kyle nodded. Not an unknown phenomenon. People had been severed from the force, there were these lizards of Myrkr. And obviously the strange effects imploding stars had on the use of the force. But an spontaneous absence? He wished Luke or at least one the more reading-happy Masters would have been here. This was unheard of.

    "Earlier when we were fighting the revenant inside the backroom, I noticed it suffered a great deal of damage when we hit it with the Force. More than when hit conventionally, and now....this....." Without having said a word Kyle nodded, stroking his beard, thinking. "Yeah." He only answered for now, as he felt Jaden wasn´t done, yet. And he felt Jaden do what his senses automatically tried to do, too. Reach into that void, trying to find out if it was evolving in any way. He did something he rarely did, as he closed his eyes giving himself to the force. He was not a believer of the living force or the distinctions of light and dark, as Luke seemed to see them. But he knew evil existed and the force cherished life above all. It´s absence was surely disturbing. Opening his eyes again, he looked at Jaden as the boy continued.

    "This 'tainted force'. It makes us feel ill, but I suspect that if we get hit with it, the results could be catastrophic. The reverse is true. If we hit them with 'clean force', they could not withstand it. Not sure what effects it will have on those who don't have force powers..." Jaden glanced around at the others before continuing. Kyle checked too. Nobody was nearby. All were busy with adopting to the environment.

    "Now the force is everywhere, that much we know. This 'taint' is unnatural. Something or someone is generating it. It has a catalyst.... and I think I may know who the culprit is." Kyle raised an eyebrow. "Do you?" The boy was fast, so much was sure.

    "Before the doors opened, I saw a man with black hair and a scar across his face, floating outside the view-port. He was not wearing a suit. It was a quick glimpse, but I know I did not imagine it. I've never seen him before, so I do not know who he is, but I'm pretty sure he is behind all this." Kyle looked around, then nodded. But finally he sighed. "Do not jump to conclusions, here. He might be, or he might be another one like us. Or maybe both. We need to learn more about it, before we can target anyone. That is a dangerous path. I have seen things like this before, but very different. We might seen something very similar to the Reborn Project, here. The guys feel like his troops back then. Some of them you encountered with the Cult I believe." He looked around. The station could ver well be imperial in design. "I always wondered where Desaan got this technology from so fast. Might be he stumbled upon old projects. And we´re just seeing another branch, here. A branch of research gone very wrong, I assume. T
  4. Aurelius_the_Grey Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 28, 2009
    OOC: Sorry I've been away all, I've literally been without internet for this past week. I'm going to quickly cover the piece I missed.
    IC: Kalak_Mure
    The no-gravity room

    Kalak grunted as the tip of his blade pierced the lock. He slowed down, the lock was resisting more that he would have expected, but maybe the lack of gravity could account for that. He twisted his blade to make sure the mechanism was severed.

    The door slid open, and there was a statue in the room, caked with dust. The whole room was actually caked in dust, and the statue wasn't a statue. It turned to look at the party, and a sickly yellow eye pierced Mure. He turned, and the dust cracked and fell from his body. His hand held a lightsabre hilt, and as he swung, a sickly yellow blade was coming at him.

    The beast seemed to be able to move in the zero gravity with a grace that escaped Mure, who had still not steadied himself from breaking the lock. As it bared it's white teeth, it shot a blast of the force towards the others in the party.

    Mure was unready to recieve the assault, and tried to parry the blade coming towards him. He knew, in the zero gravity, and the strange situation, he was unable to block this properly. Mure braced for the attack.

    It never came. Their lightsabre's touched for an instant, but the Leader Jedi had struck the beast with a force blast that sent it flying into the wall. The blaster bolts that followed passed through the space that had been occupied by the beast's head only a few moments ago. They struck a console on the wall. A Stun Blast passed by the area where the force and was bent. It struck the frame of the blast door. The dust man fled through an airduct.

    OOC: Now onto the current bit

    The force from the lightsabre's meeting momentarily pushed Mure onto the floor. He sat there, stunned for a moment. Nothing he had learned in the Jensaarai training has prepared him for zombie soldiers, and antigrav duels with undead.

    The Jedi were standing near the area where the force blasts had collided. There seemed to be a dead spot in the force, now as Mure's heart rate slowed to near normal, he could feel it. However, his head was swimming with the events of the past half hour.

    He switched off his saber, and looked about. He slowly took in his surroundings. Dr. Carbonite was at a console that he had grasped as he was cartwheeling about. His head was aching for something familiar and safe, he needed to slow his racing mind.

    Then, one of the Jedi called out, "I think we'd better try and restore power, and probably try to find a working data-port. If we knew where we were and who was here, perhaps we might get a better idea of what's going on." Mure perked up, and saw that it was the Leader Jedi speaking "Guess I hit the auxiliary power. But the console gone, means the system is still online, anybody able to jury-rig this and activate?"

    Mure perked up at this request. He replied to the Jedi, "I can do that I think, i mean, I'm pretty good with tech." And pushed off towards the sparking console. He stopped there, and pulled at the front panel. It wouldn't come off, so Mure bashed it off. He caught it before it could fly off anywhere, and began looking at what there was to do.

    The blaster bolts hadn't done too much damage, they had damaged the interfacing connections, but the main hardware was all still intact and functional, as far as Mure could see. He began re-routing the main from the main panel, making them into simple circuits, then a few flicks of the right wires would spark all the necessary systems back to life, it wouldn't take more than a few minutes, if the systems were all still functional...

    TAG: Others, Anvil
    />
  5. Republic_Anvil Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 24, 2009
    star 1
    Update
    Main Operations

    With a shower of sparks, and a few singed fingers, Mure smiled as the gravity reasserted itself and all the lights and systems came back up. From the display in the console, that had somehow avoided being shattered by the blaster bolts, Mure could tell that Emergency Power was holding? for now. Main power was still offline, but the reactor had started up. All the command lines from here to the reactor room had been cut. The only way to restore main power was to do it at the reactor itself.

    Meanwhile Kyle and Jaden continued to study the Void. They had finally noticed that it was slowly refilling with the Force. Their conversation on the man Jaden had seen had raised some questions, but no answers were readily apparent. They barely noticed the control panel on the turbolift as it flashed to an amber hue.

    It was easy to find a data port, what was difficult was making sense of the garbled mess that was the main computer. As far as anyone could make out they were somewhere in the Deep Core. The logs of the Imperial Commander yielded little information other then system updates and the day to day running of a station, no mention of any disasters must mean he had not continued the logs after it had happened.

    The best piece of information was yielded with an inquiry about a hanger. It showed a hanger with a fully fueled Lambda Class-Shuttle. Finally they had a way to get off the station. The only problem was that a damage report showed numerous areas between the Main Operations and the Hanger as damaged and inaccessible. Tracing routes that would bring them to the hanger had them zigg-zagging back and forth across the station.

    Only two routes showed any promise of bringing them to the hanger. The first route had them going through the Genetics Labs and the crew quarters, then the armory, and finally through the holding area before they reached an airlock. From there they would have to EV it to the hanger. The second route would take them through the Executive offices to the reactor room then into something called the Vault, and finally through the Bio Lab. Both routes were riddled with vent shafts and walls that would have to be cut through.

    The amber light on the turbolift turned to a red as the car arrived...

    Tag: All

    OOC: I apologies for the delay in updating. Darth RL has been a particularly difficult enemy lately, but I have defeated him for now and I am ready to start updating more regularly. I do hope my players have not forgotten me.
  6. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    ooc: Congrats to MOST POTENTIAL AT OPENING, it´s my favourite award, Anvil :)

    Kyle Katarn
    The Space Station


    Mure volunteered for the repairs, the others seemed to be under some kind of shock. Kyle nodded to the Jensaari, who proved himself more useful in their quest for survival every moment. Then turned back to the Void.
    "Refilling. It´s temporary. Good. But might no save is, if we get hit by it." Kyle stated to Jaden. Looking down at his lightsaber he sighed. "I might look for a new housing and energy-cell. Perhaps I will need that one, sooner rather than later." With that he shifted position over to the console, that now jumped alive, at least partially. Studying it, he recognized the shuttle immediately. "It´s an imperial facility." He said first, before looking out of the viewport. Had he been any good in astrogation, they might have been able to locate it even. He was not. Jan Ors - I told you so - whispered in his mind and made him smile.

    "The Vault, hm?" He sighed. As he looked at the two routes. Biolab wouldn´t be avoidable. Then again, if it would have been only him, he would not have tried. Finding out what was going on here, became a more and more important priority.
    "Good, we got two pathes, both seem to be having their own dangers. Opinions?" He asked. Might be they made him their leader, but he was under the impression he had a lot expertise at hand. He would use it. Looking at Jaden though, he used the force to point out the Vault. With a `we need to take care of this before it´s too late´ look. He hated that look, when Luke had it. But that was what it was like when you became a Jedi Master, he supposed.

    Tag: Others
  7. Vangarian Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 9, 2003
    star 4
    IC: As Davin Sustra.

    Thirty three years./b] There it was in plain sight. It had been thirty three years of him being out of the loop. Now he really was alone like never before. Even if his inlaws Vyn and Corik Narcassan were still alive. They'd both be much older now. Davin sighed.

    Enough! He thought. No more moping. We've got to work together in order to survive. Grief can wait until later. The others were getting organised and affecting repairs were they could. He'd have to start proving himself to be useful to the rest of them He approached the two Jedi as they stood talking quietly hunched over one of the functional data screens. Davin politely cleared his throat and looked directly at the senior most Jedi waiting for an opportunity to speak to him. When they came up from the screens, he addressed them.

    "My name is Davin Sustra. I once went by the name Davin Fost back when I was a ward of the Republic. My true parents were both bounty hunters who haled from Mandolore. I was eleven years old when they didn't return to our ship from an assignment to extract a humanoid slave trader. Later I was adopted by Corick Narcassan who worked for the Republic's Bureaucracy. When I was eighteen I joined the Republic's Intersteller Navy and took advanced training to work with BLACK OPS. After my two six year tours of duty with RIN, I joined up with SBI on advisement from my inlaw Vyn Narcassan. The first two years were with Cryptoanalysis until I was past the mandatory nontransfer period. This was followed by my transfer to SBI's Crisis Branch, where I served for the remainder of the Clone Wars. Shortly after the transition to Imperial Intelligence my cousin Vyn staged his demise and was never seen by I.I. again. After I staged my own demise, it became apparent there were ones that couldn't do the same thing twice, so they went and dugg up my clues and ultimately found me. What happened from there I'm clueless on. I hold Master certification in both K'tara and K'thri. I have two back up power cells one for my stun baton and one for my Sorosub Happy Surprise. I hereby offer them both to you in the event that they might come in handy in your rebuilding of your lightsaber weapon. Davin pulled out his two spare power cells and handed them both over to Kyle Katarn. I offer my skills and services to you and the rest of the party survivores.
  8. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Jaden Korr
    Location: Unknown Space station, Main Operations Chamber

    Jaden gave Kalak Mure a smile and a sharp salute once the jensaarai had restored Emergency Power. Good thing that no one was floating when that happened, though inwardly, Jaden did enjoy that bit of zero-G action. As he turned once again to the business at hand, the young Jedi tried not to miss it too much.

    "Thanks, Kalak. That's one good thing in our favour. Let's see if we can keep it going."

    Silently, Jaden noticed how the 'Void' was once again re-filling itself with the Force, so he turned his gaze towards Kyle to see if he'd become aware of it as well.

    "Refilling..." Kyle said aloud, and Jaden nodded.

    That being noted, their attention was now focused on getting information now that a modicum of power was re-establish, and info they did get, though from an ornery data-port and its partially functional display screen.

    In short order, they were able to access data on parts of the station, though they still didn't know where they were. That information seemed unavailable. What they did know, was that the station was 'Imperial', mostly by inference, aided by the fact that a fully fueled Imperial Shuttle sat in a hangar not too far away from them. The trick would be getting to it, since no one route seemed ideal, not to mention all were fraught by obstacles of various kinds. In the end, two viable options presented themselves, but not without their own particular dangers.

    Jaden took a moment to study the diagram and consider their options. Going through the Genetics Labs and crew quarters filled his mind with all sorts of bizarre encounters. Chaos at the armory was a disaster just waiting to happen, at least in his mind. Besides, going EV to reach the hangar was certainly out of the question, especially with some 'being' who did not require a suit roaming around free. They'd be at a horrible disadvantage should they encounter him.

    The other option required them to go through the Executive Offices and through something called 'The Vault'. While going through the Execs might yield a bounty of information, for some reason, this 'vault' seemed very ominous. Jaden simply could not explain how or why.

    A sensation of being watched caught his attention, and Jaden raised his head to see his Master giving him a particular look, which was one he understood as clearly as if words had been spoken aloud.

    We need to take care of this before it´s too late.

    Jaden could almost hear Kyle speaking those words in his mind as his master emphasized 'The Vault' via the Force.

    Well, then. There it was. Their course of action was set. Jaden gave a solid nod to his Master, when carbonite man approached them. Jaden straightened and gave the man his full attention, as it seemed he had something to say.

    "My name is Davin Sustra. I once went by the name Davin Fost back when I was a ward of the Republic..."

    Jaden listened to the man's story with interest and vividly imagined the scenes he described. It always seemed to surprise him how very different other life experiences could be. This also helped to remind him how fortunate he was, and why it was his sworn duty to help those who could not help themselves.

    "...I offer my skills and services to you and the rest of the party survivors."

    Jaden's eyebrows shot up in surprise at the man's noble offer, as he presented both his power cells to Kyle. He had not been expecting that, nor the complex history behind the man.

    "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Davin. I am Jaden Korr, Jedi Apprentice."

    The young Jedi gave Davin a respectful bow.

    "Glad to have you aboard." Jaden welcomed the man with honesty. "Though your eye-sight returned in a timely manner, I suspected it would take a bit more time before you successfully fought-off the post-hibernation-syndrome usually experienced by those frozen in carbonite for long periods of time. I'm glad to see that you're ok."

    A quick glance around informed Jaden as to how the others were doing, and if there were any sign
  9. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    ooc: Small update, before Anvil comes in. To complete the scene.


    Kyle Katarn
    Main Operations Room


    Looking at Davin, Kyle gave the man a smile and a nod. Looking down to the energy cells, in his mind he began thinking what else he needed. Nothing he could not find in a space-station, surely. And then he turned to the man who had given them to him. He did not distinguish between his offer of help or the cells, but simply acknowledged both with a simple: "Appreciated. Much appreciated, Davin."

    He looked down and nodded. They might work. Wouldn´t power a lightsaber not forever, but probably several weeks. Enough to get out of here. Or take the energy cell from their dead enemies weapon. He would later look for something to replace the broken hull.

    Looking up again, Jaden tried to cheer them up.

    "If we all work together, our chances of survival are enormously multiplied." His Padawan said. Kyle had to smirk. Not exactly a speech to turn the tide, but it might be enough for them. Anyway, he actually agreed.

    "They work alone." Kyle added. As if that was self-explaining. But then added his line of thought. "All enemies we encountered so far, were alone. Maybe we´ll face greater numbers, but even those might not be able to coordinate. As a team, they stand little chance against us. No matter what they throw at us, we got too many qualities to counter it." He looked from one man to the next. "One thing concerns me, though. Neither the Jensaari nor the Jedi have experienced anything like their force powers. So far, we dealt with them. But if we allow them to test their strategies until they find one we cannot deal with, we´ll never make it. We must find out what they are and how to deal with them. The Vault sounds like a place we could get some answers. So I guess we should take him. It also sounds more dangerous, which will make our enemy concentrate on the less dangerous appearing path, probably." He said. That was the twisted logic of someone who had fought to long against darkness. But it made sense. To him.

    "So, we´ll taker the route through The Vault, if nobody has anything to say against it. Any?" He looked around and reloaded his blaster.

    Tag: Others, or Anvil
  10. Aurelius_the_Grey Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 28, 2009
    IC: Kalak-Mure
    Spacestation, Operations room

    Mure just sparked two wires together, and a fizzle of sparks singed the tips of his fingers. He was greeted with the warm feeling of gravity. Mure pulled his glove back on, and stood up. It took his legs a second to steady, and he stood, leaning on the console for a second. Going from 0 weight, to full weight with heavy armor was a shock.

    He looked about, and saw that everyone was re-grouping around another console that was flashing a map. Mure looked at the map, and saw a hanger bay. There seemed to be two ways that would get them there. With his eyes, Mure followed one that looked promising until it hit an EV jaunt. Mure wasn't crazy about this, seeing as how he'd probably have to leave his armor behind. It certainly wasn't space proof.

    The other went through a biolab, and 'the vault'. Mure wasn't crazy about 'the vault', he just felt that something bad was going on there, whether it was his scoundrel's premonition or the force. But maybe the exec offices would lend some insight.

    Mure's legs seemed to be taking orders again, and he walked very quietly to the party, to hear the discussion. He came in just as the Blaster jedi was giving some sort of pep talk. "Neither the Jensaari nor the Jedi have experienced anything like their force powers." The jedi kapt talking, but Mure's mind went back to the beast they had faced only minutes ago, those yellow eyes...

    When the Jedi asked if anyone had anyobjections to the vault, Mure's ears picked back up.

    "Frankly, I'm none to keen on either option. The Vault doesn't sound good by any stretch, and who knows what we'll find in the biolab. That said, I don't think it's wise to attempt an EV when we don't know our enemy in those circumstances. I vote we go for the vault."


    Mure looked at Dr. Carbonite, and he seemed to be doing much better, maybe even battle worthy. His body was in good shape, allowing for carbonite freeze, and his movements gave away the fact that this one did know how to fight. Even his stance was obvious of someone who was able.

    Hopefully they'd all make it out alive.

    Tag: Anvil, Rally
  11. Vangarian Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 9, 2003
    star 4
    IC: As Davin Sustra.

    "If I may ask. First, what are the forensics that may exist here to clue us in as to the purpose of this facility. Second, Does anybody remember how they came to be here? Are there any snippets of recall in and around our last moments before we found ourselves here? For one or more of us, there might be a vital clue as our memories begin to clear on what happened just before our individual appearance here. Thirdly, from each of us with our respective knowledge and skills, we might be able to put the pieces together here as to what this place is for, for instance, is there a cryptography station in this facility? If so, I might be able to acquire information using my skills in that area. Also when I was still blind and I effectively missed any clues that might have transpired one or more of you might be able to bring me up to speed on what went on in that room. Finally, who was that man with the scar down his cheek that was apparently floating outside the transparasteel viewing port in space of all things with out a space suit to protect him?"

    Davin stopped and held his head with his left hand with a minor wincing, then recovered.

    "I'm sorry but I'm still not totally up to snuff, even though I feel much better than a few moments earlier back when we were still in that horror chamber," Davin said with a sigh.

    "I know I'm gradually recovering, but it has been an awfully long time in that carbonite. I'm afraid, there might be a little lingering of its effects for a while yet before I'm fully recovered. Never the less I'll do my best to keep up with the rest of you," he said.

    Tag: All.
  12. Republic_Anvil Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 24, 2009
    star 1
    OOC: Greetings everyone :D

    First I want to say everyone has been doing wonderful in their posts =D=.
    I will update in about a day maybe a day and a half, I am trying to write a great post for you. So be patient and I'll be gearing up to scare the Force out of you[face_mischief]

    -Anvil-
  13. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    ooc: Okay, I´ll shorten the whole waiting thing then.

    Kyle Katarn
    Main Operations


    The man from the carbonite had recovered very fast, but obviously such a treatment would have effects. "In that room we have been attacked by something that appeared to be reanimated dead, with a strange feeling to us force users. Like something an sesnor could not really identify, because it did not fit the profile, you know? We got rid of it, but you saw, it was not the only thing. So, a guy with a lightsaber, everybody dead, and reanimated dead in an imperial facility. To me it screams weapon research." Kyle smirked. "At least they don´t have rocket launchers this time." With that he stretched, enjoying the returned pleasures of gravity and stepped over to Davin Sustra.
    "And concerning these post-carbonite syndromes I might be able to offer some help." Kyle lay his hand on the mans chest. "Just let it happen. Don´t resist." He smiled. "You´ll see, we Jedi have our advantages, despite attracting trouble wherever we go." And he channeled the force into the man, strengthening his body and it´s response to the damage. Force healing was not Kyle´s field of expertise, but he has seen many battles and with that came some practise in the healing arts.

    When he was ready he padded the mans shoulder. Turned to the others and nodded. "Let´s go. Jaden, you´re with me in the front, Jensaari, you take our rear this time. All others into the center and cover our flanks when we pass corridors. These guys like surprises. I don´t."

    Tag: Others, Anvil for this update
  14. Republic_Anvil Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 24, 2009
    star 1
    Update - Kyle
    Corridor

    "Let´s go. Jaden, you´re with me in the front, Jensaari, you take our rear this time. All others into the center and cover our flanks when we pass corridors. These guys like surprises. I don´t."

    Kyle shepherded everyone into position, and they started towards the turbolift. It was then that Kyle noticed two things.

    First Kyle noticed the turbolift controls. The blinking red light indicating an arriving lift car. The troubling part was that he had not called the car, and while it was quite possible that this had been the car's destination before the loss of power, it seemed a bit to coincidental.

    Second and most importantly; Kyle's danger sense was tapping on the back of his neck. Not the subtle tingling he normally received but a harsh warning that death was eminent.

    He readied himself for battle, and advised the group of his feeling and the turbolift. Jaden looked like he had felt the danger too. With a *Whooosh* the doors of the turbolift opened and Kyle brought his blaster up, his finger on the trigger... and hesitated. Kyle stared open mouth, his arms lowering the blaster in surprise.

    Tag: Fins


    Update - Jaden
    Corridor

    Jaden's danger sense had him on high alert. It seemed to becoming from everywhere and nowhere. An indistinct threat of death. Kyle had felt it too, he could see that in his face. Kyle mentioned trouble was coming and that the lift had arrived uncalled for.

    Jaden looked over his shoulder quickly. Mure was halfway down the corridor and Vesh was in the main operations. They hadn't heard Kyle's warning. He was debating to call out to the two when the doors to the lift car opened with Imperial suddenness that was the hallmark of their engineering. The lifts contents were very confusing to say the lest.

    Tag: GreyJedi125


    Update ? Davin
    Corridor

    Davin felt a bit light headed. Whatever the Jedi had done to him he felt better then he had in... well he couldn't remember. He felt alive for the first time since being thawed out. All remnants of hibernation sickness had vanished. He could see more clearly, could feel every nuance of any surface he touched. His hearing was also heightened, he could hear everyone's heart beating in their chests, he could hear the hum of electricity as it ran through conduits behind the walls. It was in this that he found a concern. He could hear... something. He couldn't identify it. It was like a scuttling, but he could not find where it was coming from. And it was getting louder.
    He heard the Jedi's warning of the turbolift, and he readied himself. A strange thought just occurred to him. He could no longer hear the scuttling.

    Tag: Vangarian


    Update ? Mure
    Corridor

    The Jensaari took his place at the back of the group. Half his concentration devoted to watching their flanks and the other on the Duro. For some reason he had a paculair feeling about the man. It wasn't that he talked to himself, no that was odd but not unheard of, it was the feeling that he wasn't all there. The Duro's force presence would draw in on itself and disappear for a few seconds before returning. It was something subtle, and he wondered if the two Jedi had noticed.
    The Duro was muttering something about returning to the Control room to connect to the main computer. Vash brushed past Mure as he was distracted for a moment. The Duro was halfway to the Control room before Mure could start after him. He heard one of the Jedi say something but couldn't make it out, better to collect Vesh and rejoin the group before anything happened.
    Half way to vesh, who was in the control room now, Meru heard the turbolift doors open and his Danger sense went into overdirve.

    Tag: Aurelius


    Update ? Han Solo, Asyr Sei'lar, Jan Ors
    Turbolift

    Jan was startled when the doors opened and she saw Kyle with a blaster aimed at them. ?Kyle??

    They had woken up in the turbolift. No lights, no power, no gravity. None of them knew how they had gotten there. Their last memories had/>/>/>/>
  15. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Jaden Korr
    Unknown Space station, corridor; turbolift

    They had all followed kyle to the turbolift, which was something simple enough, but for some strange reason, Jaden's danger sense just kept growing in intensity, and for the life of him, he could not pin-point the source of trouble. It was strangely perplexing how it seemed to come from everywhere and nowehere simultaneously.

    Not wanting to be surprised by unwanted 'guests', Jaden unhooked his lightsaber and kept it in hand as a precaution.

    The young Jedi knight was about to mention something to his master, but as usual, Kyle made a mention of trouble even before Jaden could utter a word. Good. That meant that Kyle felt it too, plus the fact that the turbolift was on its way without anyone calling for it did not help matters.

    As a matter of course, Jaden made a quick security check and looked over his shoulders in time to see Kalak-Mure halfway down the corridor and Vesh, who was in the Main Operations room once again.

    "Wait...what's he...?"

    Jaden had a good mind to call out to both of them or go after them. Didn't they hear Kyle say that there was trouble afoot? this was no time to....

    Before any action could be taken by the young Jedi, the sound of the opening lift door grabbed his attention and he immediately wheeled around, bringing his battle senses into focus and readying himself to face whatever was to come. The doors to the turbolift flew open and Jaden's jaw dropped as he was stunned with surprise! The young jedi was totally unprepared for what he saw.

    "Jan...?" He exclaimed with total confusion as he saw the very familiar female pilot and good friend of Kyle's. Then he almost fell over once he saw who was standing next to her.

    "Han Solo!!??.....what in the force..... HOW?"

    Jaden did not know what to feel, but after a moment, he managed to bring his confusion and surprise under control. Whatever was going on, was far more insidious than he could have imagined. Jaden did notice the third person in Jan and Han's party. A bothan female. Her suit reminded him roughly of that worn by rebel pilots, but he couldn't be sure, but from the looks of it, Han and Jan seemed more than o.k. with her.

    As reactions played themselves out, Jaden made eye contact with the bothan and nodded, acknowledging her presence.

    ?Fancy meeting you here, where ever here is.? Han said in the tone he was famous for and with that crooked-half smile of his. Just seeing that did wonders for Jaden's tension level as a smile all his own crossed his face. Just as he was about to respond, a horrific echoing scream reached his ears. Everyone could hear it and it had come from the direction of the Main Operations.

    "No....."

    Jaden turned suddenly, adrenalin racing through him. He felt jolts of incredible pain through the force...and then, he wrinlked his nose, as if he'd just smelled something bad. But it was more a reaction to what he now recognized as the force taint....and it was growing stronger by the moment.

    "I hate it when you're right, Kyle...But, I think we got trouble."

    Jaden lit his lightsaber without hesitation as he reached out with the force and felt the taint emanating from more than one source.

    "Revenants...." he intoned somberly. "A lot of them...."

    Tag: ALL!! [face_dancing] (oh noes! poor Vesh!) :_|
  16. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    OOC: reasonably obviously GM approved:p

    Name: Jan Ors
    Clothing: Light tan long sleeve undershirt, dark tan jacket, light tan pants with black pads over her thighs/knees, and dark tan hiking boot type shoes. Also tends to have flight goggles on and hair back in a ponytail.
    [image=http://www.cswu.cz/characters/img/char/jan_ors_3.gif]

    Weapons: Blaster Pistol
    Equipment: Mutlitool, datapad

    IC: Jan Ors/ Turbolift/ Somewhere/ Some Place


    Finding oneself in an utterly unknown place with someone she was at least familiar with and another person she had no clue who was but was vouched for by the person you do know is rather unnerving. Not having any clue how you got there only makes it worse. But having the last thing you remember being giving up on a comlink call and having no clue how much time that you've lost is the absolute worst.

    Looking over at Han Solo, Jan wondered what in the world was going on, not to mention where they were. These were the obvious questions, but there were many times that the obvious questions are the most important ones. Being in the unknown was a very good example of that. Still, she didn't say anything right then as no one had any more information than she did.

    As the door opened she saw about the last thing she expected. A bearded figure straight from her memories. "Kyle..." She almost didn't notice the other person with him. It caused her to do a double take, as it was Jaden Korr. Things had just become vastly stranger coming across the two of them and she had no clue what to say right then. So she just listened as Han commented about how odd it was to meet them "here", wherever that might be.

    Getting out of the turbolift before it managed to close on them, she stood blocking them. Despite everything the only person she had eyes for was Kyle. There had been ups and downs in their relationship, what one didn't have those, but the last thing she remembered was it being on something of an upward swing... unless something had changed.

    Anything that was about to happen was interrupted by a bloodcurdling scream, and her face suddenly went white. Who was that? She heard the young Jedi whisper something, but couldn't make out what. He turned to Kyle and said something that she agreed with more often than not. "You're not alone Jaden." As he turned her expression became a bit more worried as he reached for and activated his lightsaber.

    Reacting how pretty much anyone who had ever been in combat when there was any kind of threat, she drew her blaster and prepared to use it against whatever the threat was. Apparently something she had never heard of. "Can... someone tell me what one of those is?" Bad was the most obvious answer.


    TAG: ALL

    OOC:
    well... that's an interesting intr to a game....

    anyhoo, kinda trying to feel the character out so sorry if this isn't that great.
  17. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

    Member Since:
    Apr 13, 2001
    star 6
    GM Approved!

    Name: Han Solo
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/HanSoloANH-ref4.jpg]
    Clothing: White shirt, vest, trousers with Corellian Bloodstripe, black spacer boots
    Weapons: Modified DL-44 Blaster Pistol, vibroblade hidden in boot
    Equipment: Gunrig and holster, comlink, droid caller


    IC: Han Solo
    Turbolift, Unknown

    After several failed attempts to open the lift doors by hot-wiring the circuits, the car in which they were trapped began to groan and protest before the overheard lighting flickered back on with a low whine. Han blinked against the sudden brightness that flooded him, but before his eyes could adjust fully, he found himself groping for a handhold as the car suddenly plunged downward, continuing on its routine course. Somehow, the power had been restored. It wasn?t exactly the way he would?ve fixed things, but he would take it. It was better than suffocating in this blasted thing. Dying in an abandoned turbolift car wasn?t how he would want to be remembered.

    ?See?? he boasted, turning around once he felt confident enough to stand of his own freewill. ?I told you I could get this thing to work.? His gaze rested first on Jan Ors and then onto the Bothan female as he pounded the side of the car to demonstrate its strength with a lopsided grin.

    It was strange, really. He had no clue how he had ended up in the company of two gorgeous women(if you could consider a Bothan gorgeous) or even how he had been transported to this place from the Falcon, but he wasn?t gonna complain about that decision?not yet, anyway. Leia would probably disapprove if she knew what was going on, but in reality, she had nothing to worry about. Han had proved time and again he could take care of himself in a tough scrape. And not only that, but her current competition in the form of the two ladies was unfounded. Leia would always be his only love ? he had been crazy enough to marry her, afterall.

    Still, he had a slight headache. Had he hit his head when those power coils overloaded on the Falcon? He couldn?t remember?

    Before he could further explore the possibility of blacking out, the lift came to a sudden halt and the doors parted. They had reached their destination ? wherever that was. It was that last part that bothered him and even before the doors had a chance to fully retract, his trusted DL-44 was in his grip and pointing at the small group of figures gathered outside the lift doors.

    But when their potential attackers started to exchange greetings with them, Han realized that something was very wrong. How did they?

    That?s when he heard his name being called and recognition finally dawned - Jaden Korr and Kyle Katarn. Somehow, he wasn?t surprised to see those two turn up. "Han Solo!!??.? the young man dressed in the familiar garb of the Jedi called in surprise. ?What in the force..... HOW?"

    Han simply shrugged, returning his blaster to its holster at his side. ?Your guess is as good as mine, kid ? I dunno.? Then he turned to address Kyle, one side of his mouth turning upwards into a smile. He had only met Katarn a couple times through Luke and didn?t know the man all that well, but with them sharing a similar past, they felt much closer than that. ?Fancy meeting you here.? He paused, frowning a bit. ??wherever here is.?

    Judging from the blood-curdling scream that suddenly echoed up the corridor from the direction of the operations room, Han decided that he really didn?t want to know the answer to that. He had a bad feeling about this place and he wanted out ? especially before whoever belonged to that scream got wind that they were out here.

    As if the Jedi had been channeling his thoughts, Korr muttered something about trouble and Han swiftly snapped his head in the young man?s direction, a scowl evident on his features. ?Trouble?!? he repeated in a low rumble, retrieving his blaster once more. ?What sort of trouble?!?

    "Revenants...." he intoned somberly. "A lot of them...."

    Yup/>
  18. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    Kyle Katarn
    The Space Station


    Instead having to kill them, he only saw familiar faces. And raised both brows, as Jan greeted him. "Jan!?! What the corellians hells are you doing here?" Then Solo greeted him. Kyle realized who he was immediately. Only the Bothan was only vaguely familiar, but someone from the Rebellion, too. Alliance. New Republic, whatever they called these days. "Solo." then he looked at the Bothan. "Ma´am. I am Kyle Katarn, this is my . . ." He was missing his words, because the echo of fear was still there. It simply had not come from the elevator.

    He wanted to kiss Jan for a second. He also wanted to throw her over his shoulder and GET HER OUT OF THERE. His Jedi calm was a goner, right now. But his concentration as a warrior, remained. He had actually decided to go the kissing route, as the warning came in and his yelling danger sense actually suddenly made sense. From behind. He felt the Duros fear. Death was coming.

    ?I hope you have a plan for getting out of here?? Solo asked, as Kyle loaded his weapon again.
    "Of course I do." Kyle answered smirking and then gave Jan a wry grin. "You´ll like it darling, it´s very . . . Kyle." Which meant a lot of fighting and danger was involved. Jaden and Jan would understand that by now. He nodded to Jaden to prepare, then to the two other remaining members of their team.

    "Jaden, Jensaari - First Line! Keep them at a distance. All others, aim for the black spots, that´s where they seem to be most vulnerable." Kyle nodded to them and prepared for the attack. "Jaden, don´t let them get near Jan, you hear me?" He whispered to his apprentice in the force. She was a distraction. Jan shouldn´t have been here. A dangerous distraction, actually. But he could do little against it . . . he might love her, hate her or whatever . . . he had always been ready to kill half the galaxy to protect her.

    "Can...someone tell me what one of those is?" Jan asked. "Trouble." Kyle responded, simply. "Force trouble." He added then. Then they were finally there. More of them.

    "Here they come." He hissed and his finger gently touched the trigger. Pulling it, as the first appeared. "FIRE!"

    Tag: Hs29, grey, Ktala, Grey, Aurelius, Vangarian
  19. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    APPROVED! :)

    Name: Asyr Sei'lar
    Gender: Female
    Age: 35
    Race: Bothan
    Appearance: Black and white hair, w/violet eyes. She has a more feline appearance than most, and she wears her hair with a long braid on the left side of her head. She usually wears a Grey jumpsuit, and carries toolkit on her hip. She also carries a DH17 blaster, and she hides a holdout blaster, and a knife she keeps strapped to her thigh, under the suit. A pilot survival kit she keeps on her back, for you never know what you might need.
    Personality: Depends on who she is dealing with. Is more friendly to those who also share the passion of flying. Generally outgoing, and friendly. Her fur ripples when she is agitated or angry.
    Weapons: small DH-17 hand blaster, Q2 holdout blaster strapped to thigh under suit. Knife strapped to other thigh.
    Bio:
    Wanting to be something more than the wife of some diplomat, Asyr had a talent for
    both speed and flying. She managed to get the interest of someone who recommended
    she go into the Bothan Martial Academy, much to the chagrin of her parents.
    Asyr Sei'lar was a female Bothan pilot who served on Rogue Squadron for the
    New Republic Defense Force. Sei'lar enrolled in the Bothan Martial Academy.
    She was trained in flight combat. She speaks Bothan (Bothese) and Basic, and
    understands the Wookiee language.

    =================


    Asyr Sei'lar
    Turbolift/Someplace


    How typical. Her day had started normal enough. She was flying.
    Her X-Wing was preforming wonderfully. Then suddenly all frack broke loose. Her X-Wing, controls had registered a critical failure. Critical failure? What the...?! Things had happened so fast, she barely had time to respond. The last thing she remembered was the sudden acceleration of ejecting. Someone was going to PAY for messing with her ship!!

    And then, she was here. Wherever here was exactly. She woke up in the turbo lift, and had been there for the last hour trying to figure out where she was. Floating, and dark. Normally something she didnt mind, but not when inside of a turbo lift. No gravity? That would usually mean that they were somewhere in space. What was more interesting was who was with her on the lift. Han Solo...she could barely believe it. And another female who she didt know. It became obvious that they didnt know how they had gotten there either, so Asyr looked to trying to get out of the turbolift. The access hatch on the ceiling was sealed, welded shut, and the controls didn't respond. Han had helped her pry the face plate off, but it was no good. There simply was no power. She found out later that the woman was named Jan. She introduced herself as Asyr, before going back to work. She had worked on it for awhile with Han Solo, before suddenly, the lights and gravity flicked back to life. She gracefully landed, as she shielded her eyes, noticing that the lift was moving.

    Then suddenly, it began to move..no thanks to anything she had done. "See?? Han boasted, turning around. "?I told you I could get this thing to work." His gaze rested first on Jan Ors and then onto the Bothan female as he pounded the side of the car to demonstrate its strength with a lopsided grin. Asyr gave a soft snort, and chuckled. Suddenly, the lift stopped. Han drew his blaster, as did Asyr. The door slid open..and now another group of faces, looked as equally stunned as they did.

    Han holstered his blaster as he saw someone that he knew. She lowered her blaster, but kept an weary eye on the new group. They looked vaguely familiar, some of them. But until she had answers on how she had gotten here, she kept quiet. She stepped from the lift, in case the crazy machine decided to close up once more. The humans bantered with each other, as Asyr kept a watchful eye around her, trying to decide what place this was.

    Unfortunately, a rather nasty scream reached the group. Intro's suddenly stopped.

    Suddenly one of the men spoke up. "I hate it when you're right, Kyle...But, I think we got trouble." He then lit up a lightsaber. A Jedi? That was usually a good sign. Especiall
  20. Aurelius_the_Grey Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 28, 2009
    IC: Kalak-Mure
    Turbolift Corridor

    Mure began walking down the corridor, following the little band of vagabonds. His eyes were keenly aware of all things about him, yet with the force he was even more aware. He was straining his concentration, searching for any tainted force patterns. Then he noticed one small area in the force.

    In one localized area around the duros, the force would draw in upon itself, and disappear completely. Then it would re-appear again. He sensed the Mandalore's surprise at something he sensed. Then he heard one of the Jedi up front say something, but couldn't discern what.

    "Sith's blood!" Mure muttered under his breath. He decided that it would be better to just grab the duros, and rejoin the group.

    Then the turbolift doors opened with a swoosh.

    Every danger sensor in Mure's system went into hyperdrive instantly. The force began to warn him of an imminent danger, and all those survival skills from Nar Shadda lit up at once. Mure spun his body towards the sound, seizing and igniting his saber in one smooth motion. The red blade sliced through the air, the red blade lighting up the corridor about him.

    However, the Jedi's body language up front told the Jensaarai that whatever was in the turbolift was a welcome surprise, not an imminent danger. Mure's danger sense didn't go away though. Something was still awry.

    Turning around, he started back to the Duros. The duros looked up and began to speak, but before he could even form a sentence, the Jensaarai's fears became reality.

    Revenants. Everywhere. And with them that foul taint in the air.

    They came through the floor, through the air vents, even through the walls, they came. They started to attack the duros. Teeth and claws sunk into the poor duros. Instantly Mure disappeared from the visible spectrum, exerting his will to mask his presence, both physically and in the force. It wouldn't fool a Jedi in the same room ,but hopefully these Revenants would be easier to hide from than a Jedi.

    The duros could still see Mure, possibly due to those strange welding goggles. The duros fought in vain to close the blast doors, but the revenants overpowered him. Mure switched to a reverse saber grip, and seized all the shrapnel in the room with the force. Hundreds of pieces of steel shreddings all levitated into the air. Many revenants began to run at the corridor, even as Vash's body disappeared below the floor.

    Mure flexed all the muscles in his body, tensed his arms, then with a swift motion pulled them back. All the shrapnel in the room accelerated to lethal velocities towards the revenant assailants. A Jensaarai could accelerate debris to a velocity to slay even the largest beasts, hopefully most of these revanants proved easier to fell. Mure forced himself to keep focused, even as the nausea brought him to a kneeling position, below the line of fire.

    Tag: Others
  21. Vangarian Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 9, 2003
    star 4
    Prelude to a Fire Fight!

    Davin felt a bit light headed. Whatever the Jedi had done to him he felt better then he had in... well he couldn't remember. He felt alive for the first time since being thawed out. All remnants of hibernation sickness had vanished. He could see more clearly, could feel every nuance of any surface he touched. His hearing was also heightened, he could hear everyone's heart beating in their chests, he could hear the hum of electricity as it ran through conduits behind the walls. It was in this that he found a concern. He could hear... something. He couldn't identify it. It was like a scuttling, but he could not find where it was coming from. And it was getting louder.
    He heard the Jedi's warning of the turbolift, and he readied himself. A strange thought just occurred to him. He could no longer hear the scuttling.

    He turned back in the direction that they'd come from and realised that it had been back in the control room that he'd heard the scuttling sounds. There were more heart beats approaching as the turbo-lift came down to their level. Two of them sounded like his while a third one sounded a little different and a bit faster. Davin was split on which way to go. The Jensarri Defender started back towards the control room to collect the Duro with the faceted eyes, while just about everyone else had their attention aimed towards the front and the turbo-lift doors. The Doors shot upward as they opened. Davin was startled by this and to no surprise his weapons had found their way into his hands with practised ease. A Bothan female and two humans. One of the humans was a man with brown hair, White shirt, vest, trousers with Corellian Bloodstripe, black spacer boots a belt and accompanying holster. He was packing what appeared to be a DL-44 and it was leveled at the senior Jedi, Kyle. Then it got confusing. Kyle, eyeing the Human female called her Jan and was genuinly surprised by her appearance. They all seemed to know one another. Yack, yack, yack and more yack. Then a shrill scream from behind him in the Control Room. The Turbo-lift was a diversion!

    Davin snatched a glimpse of the Duro Vash being set upon by more of those things like the one he saw back in the Chamber of Horrors theyed gotten out of several moments before. Vash tried in vain to push the emergency seal button, but was dragged down towards the floor tiles where several reanimates-biting and clawing at him-had come through. He'd been screaming all this time. The look of utter fear and pain etched on his face as he sank below the floor tiles out of sight was horrifying. It was too late for the Jensaari to save Vash and so now he had to save himself as he was set upon and pursued by many more reanimates forcing him to backpedal in order to avoid being flanked by their sheer numbers as they filled the Control Room. Kyle and his apprentice raced up to effect a line of defence as the Jensaari backpedaled and formed up with them.

    "Jaden, Jensaari - First Line! Keep them at a distance. All others, aim for the black spots, that´s where they seem to be most vulnerable." Kyle nodded to them and prepared for the attack.

    "Can... someone tell me what one of those is?" asked the female, Jan, Kyle called her.

    "Trouble" said Kyle.

    "Force trouble," he continued.

    "A Nasty Impirial Biological Experiment gone terribly wrong!" Davin yelled to clarify.

    "Fire!" yelled Kyle.


    Tag: HanSolo29, Trimaj, DarkLordoftheFins, Greyjedi25, Aurelius_the_Grey, Republic Anvil.


    OOC: HEY STRETCH! IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME! Quote from Blue Eyed Benjimen Grimm.
  22. Republic_Anvil Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 24, 2009
    star 1
    Update
    Main Operations

    Death was met by death as the shrapnel tempest raged. Revenants fell by the hand fulls. Those that got up went down again just as fast. Still they swarmed out into the room, and slowly inch by inch they made there way closer to the blast doors.

    A sudden surge of Taint covered the Force. It had not interfered with access to the Force before, but now it was a film of refuse that settled firmly between the Force and anyone that could use it. Any attempt to reach the Life Power of the Universe would result in that sickly nauseating taint accompanying it... It could be done but it wouldn't be pretty.

    The Force Tempest died as the Taint surge distracted Mure. Revenants littered Ops in pieces. What was disturbing was that those pieces still moved, would find other pieces and join with a sickly black substance that was almost like tendons or muscle. These larger pieces would then attract more and the process would start all over.

    The end result were four massive creature assembled from all the Revenants that had been shredded. They resembled humanoids. They had two legs and two arms, though the left arm ended in a jagged spear of bone, each had at least two heads, if not more, and its chest was some sort of horrifying mouth with jagged bones for teeth. A viscous liquid drooled from the chest mouths and from the jagged point of their left arms.

    The Abominations entered the corridor, forcing Mure to retreat. Blaster bolts seemed to do nothing more the char flesh, unless a well aimed or lucky shot took a head, that seemed to make the creature pause for a second before resuming their lumbering walk.

    Tag: HanSolo29, Trimaj, Ktala, DarkLordoftheFins, Greyjedi25, Aurelius_the_Grey, Vangarian



    Mini-Update-Jan

    ?Time is short. I need your help. Get them to the Turbolift.? The soft voice seemed to come from nowhere, and though it was clear she doubted that anyone else heard it. Glancing behind her she caught a flash of pale blue before she could bring the empty lift into full view.

    Tag: HanSolo29


    Mini-Update-Kyle

    Kyle could see past the Abominations into Ops. There on the raised dais was Dust Man, its eyes intent on Kyle. As soon as Kyle meet its eyes the creature grinned, a decidedly malicious expression, and flicked its yellow eyes to Jan. The creature spoke not a word, but the threat was clear.

    Tag: DarkLordoftheFins


    Mini-Update-Jaden

    It started when the Revenants had appeared. A tickling in his mind, like a soft whisper of a feather stroking a silk cushion. He couldn't decide if it was a voice or a sound or just his imagination. The one thing he was sure of, it was not coming from the Force.

    Tag: Greyjedi25/>/>/>
  23. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Asyr Sei'lar
    In front of Turbolift/in Purgatory


    The corridor blazed with blaster fire, as what could barely be described as creatures, the ones the others had called Revenants fell. The swarmed, like nothing Asyr had even seen before in her life, like some mimic of life. They crawled, swarmed their way, as when the blaster fire cut them down. Asyr watched as she saw that those pieces still moved, would find other pieces and join with a sickly black substance that was almost like tendons or muscle. These larger pieces would then attract more and the
    process would start all over.

    Dra'aka! What level of Holthspawned demons had she been sent to? She backed up, seeing that the blasters were doing nothing to dispel these creatures. And she doubted that a blade would do more. And there were not enough lightsabers to deal with them either. Someone had said it was a nasty Imperial Experiment gone wrong.

    She began to quickly look around her. They were at the end of a long corridor. The lift was behind them, there was a room to the right of some type..doubt that would be useful. The creatures were coming from the room down the hall in front of them.

    Asyr held down her ears, her fur rippling madly as the smell met her nose. It reminded her of stories in her youth about the walking undead. This was worse. Much worse. She looked back down the hallway.
    There were four massive creature assembled from all the Revenants that had been shredded. They were humanoids in shape, and had two legs and two arms, though the left arm ended in a jagged spear of bone, each had at least two heads, if not more, and its chest was some sort of horrifying mouth with jagged bones for teeth. A viscous liquid drooled from the chest mouths and from the jagged point of their left arms.

    Asyr spoke to Han. "You think you can get that lift moving again? I think I liked the view in there better." She spoke in a huff, as she continued to fire at the heads of the ... things. "Course..if we get stuck..."

    she let the implication speak for itself. At the moment, cutting a hole out the bottom of the thing, and heading for the shaft seemed to be a Great improvement to her. She vaguely wondered how long the doors would last. Definitely longer than they would, if they just stood here. She just wanted to get away from the cursed creature, before they found out if its bite was worse than its bark.



    Tag: HanSolo29, Trimaj, DarkLordoftheFins, Greyjedi25, Aurelius_the_Grey, Vangarian , Republic Anvil.
  24. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Jaden Korr
    Space station, horror show

    "Kalak! DON'T!!"

    Jaden's warning came too late as he ran towards the frontlines and witnessed the Jensaarai unleashed a magnificent Metallic Tempest borne of the surrounding materials at the revenants. As expected, the attack sliced all the revenants caught in its path into meaty shreds and fell them like wheat before a scythe. Jaden already knew what was going to happen next and watched in horror as bits of revenant flesh reformed and conjoined, only to transform into what could only be described as 'Abominations'.

    This, was actually worse than the mere going of extremities, which the first revenant exhibited. Jaden wished Mure had not unleashed his power in such a manner, but was not sure if he would have acted differently were he in the Jensaarai's position.

    Once again, a steely resolve came over the young Jedi. Kyle had given him a directive to hold the frontlines and protect Jan, and that's what he was going to do. The force taint had returned and it felt worse than before, plus there was no way they could face off against so many revenants and much less the horrifying abominations.

    "Everyone! Back into the turbolift! get out of here. I'll hold them off!!"

    Jaden had a plan. He knew that it wasn't one his master would approve of, but their options were few. There were no ideal solutions here, just a sea of foolish ones. By the same token, the young jedi could not let the susurrant sounds in the back of his mind break his focus from what he needed to do here.

    Without hesitation and grim determination as his shield, Jaden called on the force and immediately felt a tidal wave of nausea smash into his being. His initial reaction was to wretch right then and there, but he fought it and fell to one knee, his complexion already turning pale and greenish in hue and sweat beads forming on his forehead. But Jaden was not giving up without a fight. He reached out a trembling hand and did his best to activate the blast-doors via the Force. His intention was to cut-off the bulk of their enemies from them, trapping them in the main operation room...and for those who were in the same room with them...

    Jaden took a deep breath as he gathered the force, and a burning and feverish sensation coursed through him. He ignored it as much as he could. The only way to simultaneously affect all the aberrations was to unleash a force repulse. It was a force technique he did not employ often. Basically, Force Repulse was a 360 degree spherical attack that sent one's surrounding enemies flying back in every direction. Jaden knew that these creatures had adverse reactions when hit by 'clean force', so he hoped to damage them as much as possible in order to slow them down in the very least, even though using such a technique might spell his own doom in the process.

    And in a blink of an eye, without any regrets whatsoever, Jaden unleashed the power of the Force in defense of the people he had sworn to protect.

    Hopefully, and always for the better.

    Tag: Aurelius,Fins, Ktala,Solo29,Vangarian, GM( Anvil: I hope that wasn't too much, please EDIT if needed! Vangarian: WOOT!! Ben Grimm! Aunt Petunia would be proud. ;) Anvil: and LOL@ 'abominations'. WoW much? hehehe ) ;) [face_peace]
  25. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

    Member Since:
    Apr 13, 2001
    star 6
    OOC: Anvil, I?m assuming you meant to TAG Trimaj with your last Jan update, since that is his character, so I?m just going to ignore that for the time being. Let me know otherwise. :)


    IC: Han Solo
    Corridor, Unknown

    Several beings staggered out of a room at the far side of the corridor and soon, Han had his answer about what a ?Revenant? was. They were mindless creatures with an appetite for flesh ? an apt description for an Imperial project gone wrong. In many ways, it reminded him of a certain prison ship he had been trapped on years before, which had been infested with these sort of undead creatures as well. Either the past had a certain tendency to pop back up and bite him on the rear or maybe the two instances were connected somehow.

    Regardless of the reason why these creatures were here, they currently appeared to be the least of their worries. Four lumbering monsters, stuck together with the charred flesh and bone of the dismantled undead, were approaching from behind the main horde. A gaping maw with jagged teeth assembled from shattered bones consumed the area where a chest should?ve been. Han had never seen such an abomination in all his travels across the stars and he certainly didn?t want to stick around long enough to find out just how effective those teeth could be.

    Acting in self-defense, Han took aim with his blaster and fired, taking note of Katarn?s earlier instruction to aim for the blackened spots on the creatures? bodies. Things were never that simple and Han had his doubts, but he had to admit, stranger things have worked in the past. It never hurt to try, especially if they still had a chance. Still, he didn?t wait around to see if his shot had hit its mark. He turned and started to retreat back up the corridor.

    But not before nearly colliding with the Bothan female who had accompanied him in the turbolift. She must?ve been hanging back there all along and as Han focused his attention on her with a scowl, he took note that she was agitated. The rippling of the fur on her back was a sure sign of that. Really, he didn?t blame her.

    "You think you can get that lift moving again?? she asked in a raspy tone, continuing to fire her blaster madly at the approaching creatures. ? I think I liked the view in there better."

    Han scoffed, stealing a quick glance over his left shoulder at the unoccupied lift, its doors still standing wide open. If anyone could get that steel bucket running, it was him. ?No problem,? he asserted with a cocky grin. ?Compared to the hyperdrive on the Falcon, this?ll be a cinch.?

    "Course..if we get stuck..." she left her sentence unfinished, implying the worst case scenario.

    ?Don?t worry. We won?t get stuck,? he winked and started to backpedal. ?Trust me.?

    Firing his blaster one last time into the fray, Han sprinted the rest of the way to the lift just as the warning cry went up from Katarn?s apprentice. "Everyone! Back into the turbolift! Get out of here. I'll hold them off!!"

    Oh sure, now he said something. Talk about great timing?

    Shaking his head, Han waited for the inevitable rush of people to get onto the turbolift as he got to work at the panel. Hopefully they would make it in time.

    And that?s when the young Jedi unleashed his power?

    TAG: Ktala, greyjedi, Aurelius, Fins, Vangarian, Trim, GM
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.