main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AT-AT Driver

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by MagicCoon, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicCoon

MagicCoon Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2003
    Hey everyone-

I've been racking my brain to come up with a costume and recently thought it'd be cool to do the AT-AT driver since I've always had a soft spot for those big walkers [face_love]

Anyway, I'm having a little trouble finding any websites that have info on these guys. I'm looking for anything at this point, since this is only in the "stewing in my brain" stages. So anything, including where to find a helmet/armor would be great!

Anyone have any tips for a beginner?

Thanks!
    Sarah :)

2. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    The SW Visual Dictionary has the best photo of an AT-AT driver. Full body. I'm working on a suit right now.

Richies Armor (www.RichiesArmor.com) has some nice pics of a helmet, chest box and chest armor.

Scott

3. MagicCoon

MagicCoon Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2003
    Well, since I don't have the Visual Dictionary, does anyone have any online resources? It seems there's no one out there with a website on doing this costume...

thanks!!!

Sarah :)

4. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    I haven't come across the SWVD image online. I HIGHLY recommend buying a copy. It's not expensive...maybe $10. It has great full body shots of many characters.

No, no AT-AT how-to exists online. There's not a lot too it, though, other than a parts list. Not much to make from scratch.

Helmet - needs to be a converted TIE helmet or custome made
    Armor - same as TIE armor...accuracy requires a vac-formed product which you can do yourself or buy from a prop maker.
    Chest box - you could reproduce this without vacuforming. It's the same shape as a TIE box
    Shoulder armor - same as the Snowtrooper. Must be vacuformed to be accurate.
    Gloves - white ski gloves
    Boots - Gray old school "moon boots". Tough to find all gray boots. Not to be confused with Snowtrooper boots.
    Helmet tubes - dishwaser drain tubes would work fine.
    Jumpsuit - same as TIE suit, only light gray.

That's about it!

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.