main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AT-AT Endor version

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by SSIntimidator, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Cephus

Darth_Cephus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    I'm pretty sure you'll see it on clearance in a few months. ;)

2. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Wow, that head is massive compared to the body...

3. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    :eek: $90, for that?!?! :eek:

Yikes, that Biker Scout is neat and all, but $90 is way too much for me! Heck, I got my POTF2 AT-AT for $20 at TRU a few years back, so hopefully I can pick this one up on clearance as well a few months after it comes out. Otherwise this one is a pass for me...

4. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    See this is our problem. We collectors say we want big items. We want an AT-TE, we want a Juggernaut, we want big playsets, but then when it comes time to put our money where our mouths are we all balk and hope it goes on clearance. I'm not pointing fingers because I'm right there with you. It's just clear that Hasbro has been right all along. I wouldn't be surprised if they made nothing but re-issues and never made another playset again.

5. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    As rediculous as $90 is, i am planning on buying this AT-AT. like a 90% chance.
    The AT-AT was my dream toy as a child, and I NEVER came close to owning one.

I suppose i could try and buy a POTF AT-AT off ebay or something, but for some reason id rather buy it new, plus, i think it wil be close to the same price...

Is this an exact replica of the POTF one, just different paint???

Im a little hesitant, due to the Endor paint job, as id want it for Hoth Purposes (dangling my X-Wing luke from its belly)

So I guess, I am in the middle....but I really want an AT-AT, I always have...here is my opportunity to grab one- so why not?

I'll probablly get this, keep it boxed, and see if it goes on sale. If so, ill pick it up on sale price, and then return the full price with the receipt.

If I already had an AT-AT, there is a 99% chance that id pass on this...

6. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Most of the people I know would only pay 90.00 for a revisited Death Star playset.

7. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I certainly would buy that.

Speaking of not forking over the $s, I spotted the Dagobah X-Wing at Toys R Us this afternoon. It looks great, but it's so expensive I skipped it. I already have the first version of the ship still in the box, and the swamp monster looks far too scrawny to even think of swallowing an astromech.

8. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Wanting pieces like this and justifying $90 for it are two different things. If you want my $90 UPDATE THE MOLD. Make the head the correct size for one thing. So what if only one pilot would fit in there, hatch is closed, who cares. This thing was like $20 when it first came out, I'm pretty sure they could chop it down to 40 or 50 bucks and they would actually sell.

Haven't seen the X-Wing. I want one though.

9. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    That's true, for what it is it's not worth $90. No way. It's a 26 year old mold with two figures. I'd pay $50 for it, but no more. If it was a brand new mold I'd consider paying $90, or if it had some stuff packed in with it to help justify the high price tag.

10. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    So why is it $90? Because they only made a few? Because the Scout Trooper cost $50? Inflated gas prices?

11. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    that shoudl be a question one of these sites asks HASBRO when they do there Q&As

i want to know exactly where and why they are charging $90 for it.
    it is rediculous...

i know its different, but i saw a Pirates of the Carribean Black Pearl Pirate SHip for only $50...Its HUGE, but not even close to $100 dollars?

is it $90 cause the "know" SW folks will buy it regardless?

12. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    I think you're on to something. Like I said before, you could take a jar of medical waste and label it "Star Wars Limited FAO Schwartz Target Exclusive Walmart Variant Best Buy Premiere Chrome Gold and Silver 1 of 500 Celebration Hard-To-Find 30th Anniversary Special Edition Mail-In Sneak Peek Scorch Figure" and folks would pay, regardless of the price.

13. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I think I've seen that very title at least 1,000 times on Ebay. I see you were keen enough to include "scorch" so that every search for the Republic Commando will pull up your auciton too. ;)

14. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    people are too bust asking the same questions over and over again. "Hasbro tell us what figure will win the next contest" A: We can't divulge that information now. "Hasbro, can we have a new cloud car?" A: no.

blaaaaah blaaaaaaaah blaaaaaaaaaah.

15. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    Well, for those who are thinking of getting the Endor AT-AT for the new Boker Scout, this is info you should know.

Q. Any chance someone got close enough to the scout trooper from the upcoming ROTJ tin set to see if it is the same one being released with the upcoming Endor AT-AT? I'll be picking up the tin set anyway but would like to know whether I will have to track down the AT-AT flip-up visor Scout Trooper as well if he is in any way different. I have the sickness and I must feed the monkey...

A. Well, they're different. The one in the tin is basically the Saga Vintage figure, the one in the AT-AT is basically the POTJ figure. So you'll probably want both, but the tin is the superior figure.

it came from an interview on Galactic Hunter
    http://www.galactichunter.com/q_and_a/060814.asp

16. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I might still get this, if only to pose it with my 2" Unleashed Snowtroopers. :cool:

17. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Blah blah, why no new head sculpt, blah blah, too expensive, blah blah blah....:rolleyes:

Whatever, it's an AT-AT and it's cool! I still have my original and my POTF ones and I love the big lugs! Sure they're not "movie accurate", but who really cares! The Endor one looks cool, and it's got a new Biker Scout figure so all the Clone/Storm/Imperial people can wet their pants. Buy it if you like or don't. Wait and see if it goes on clearance, or don't. But jeez, cut the winy (female dog+ing=banned word)! [face_beatup]Besides, don't most of the complainers only collect "high end" stuff, so why are you complaining about this toy anyway?! [face_thinking] If I didn't have my two already, I would buy it, and I may still! AT-AT's rule! :D

"It's too expensive at $90!" Whatever. It's a sign of the times. *In an old man voice* "I remember when SW figures cost less then $3.00 and you could buy comic books for $.35!" Those days are over Grandpa. Welcome to $4.00 gas, $7.00 - $10.00 figures and $90 AT-AT's! o_O

Didn't you all hear, $90 is the new $50!!! :oops:

This is the real reason they're never be peace in the Middle East! :p

~DZ

18. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Right, because no one is allowed to voice their opinion on it if they don't like it.o_O Hey, if you're happy with the reaming Hasbro is gonna give you with this, then good for you. Others aren't and have a right to say what they want about it. You say if we don't like it don't buy it. Well, if you don't like the complaining then ignore it. Simple as that.

19. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    I can't imagine anyone buying this thing when you can pick up a Kotobukiya Clone Commander for the same price. Or an FX Saber. Or two Gentle Giant busts...

20. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I never said that, just seems this thread has turned into bash Hasbro and like we need another of those!

I'm not happy about it, I'm just used to it! It's a toy by Hasbro, c'mon their track record isn't the greatest with collectors. One thing though,... this toy isn't geared towards collectors! This one is obviously geared for the youngsters, were as most of us are in the "and up" category! I'm pretty sure parents will pay that price too if their little "padawans" beg for it enough! I don't remember being upset when I was kid and this came out, I was just happy to have an AT-AT to stomp my Rebels! And when the POTF one came out, I saw that as a chance to add another Blizzard Walker and the sound effects and dialog from ESB was cool! I never really thought about the head size or the price. $90 is steep, but it is what it is. There's always EBay for those who want an AT-AT for less. And if you really want an AT-AT that is screen accurate, didn't MR put one out?

Will do! It just bothers me how much people complain about the toys so much around here. They're toys!!! If this was being put out by MR then I could understand all the hate, but it's a toy by Hasbro! Just trying to put some perspective on all the hostility, but hey, I'm done. Complain away! :D

~DZ

21. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Sorry if my post sounded too harsh. Just hit a nerve as here it lately it seems you can't say what you want about a company's products without being jumped on by one side or another. I don't come to messageboards to be lectured or ******* at for my opinion. I wouldn't want this to be a "bash Hasbro" thread, but it's not an "Endor AT-AT appreciation thread" either. It's for people to talk about the new AT-AT, and if more people seem to have problems with it than not that's just how it is. I know it can get old hearing people complain all the time. I can't stand PT bashing, but people have a right to how they feel so I just ignore it and let it be, because 9 times outta 10 you're not gonna change anyone's opinion, so you shouldn't waste your time or theirs trying to do it.[face_peace]

Back on topic, I know people have been finding this thing at TRUs around the country now, but it seems that there's still no word on if this thing has electronics or not. And I really would like the price to go down on it, because the more I think about it the more I want it for a diorama with the Hoth Unleashed Battle Packs.

22. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    Well, like i said, im most likely gonna get this. Ive always wanted an AT-AT.
    its the big daddy of star wars toys...

Still, I would like to hear a breakdown of why hasbro charges $90? not accusational, but informative, so we, as collectors and toy players/lovers can understand the pricing/cost system more.

And regardless if $90 is the new $50-- my pay check doesnt reflect this change [face_plain]

Does anyone know the exact differences between this AT-AT Endor, and any of the other AT-AT releases.. POTF?
    and also how this relates to a vintage mold. are they all the same? different paint jobs? what?

23. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    That was my thought as well, but then there's the AT-AT from Wizards of the Coast for their miniatures line. That's supposed to be super accurate and much cheaper than $90. I've posed this question before with no answer, but does anyone know what the scale of WOTC vehicles like the AT-AT and AT-ST are compared to the 2" Unleashed figures?

24. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Well, for those who are thinking of getting the Endor AT-AT for the new Boker Scout, this is info you should know.

Q. Any chance someone got close enough to the scout trooper from the upcoming ROTJ tin set to see if it is the same one being released with the upcoming Endor AT-AT? I'll be picking up the tin set anyway but would like to know whether I will have to track down the AT-AT flip-up visor Scout Trooper as well if he is in any way different. I have the sickness and I must feed the monkey...

A. Well, they're different. The one in the tin is basically the Saga Vintage figure, the one in the AT-AT is basically the POTJ figure. So you'll probably want both, but the tin is the superior figure.

I was just going to comment on that when I saw this above post.

From me:

Q. If the tin is clearly the superior, then why include an inferior with such a high priced toy. As a matter of fact why include an inferior figure in the line at all?

A. MONEY

I am a completist, or as much as my meager salary will allow, by nature, its the whole OCD thing. I am getting tired of Hasbro putting soft goods cloaks on figures or including them in some special gift pack with one figure that is new and selling me it a jacked price, I don't collect TINS, yet in order to get a red astromech droid I will be purchasing a set of these. This is where the hobby is starting to burn me out. Hasbro puts out some really quality action figues with beautiful sculpts. Some of their ideas are even really great, the comic book paint jobs on the upcoming comic book sets. But this constant rehash and repackaging of the same old **** just so they can keep a steady flow of money by milking their target market, collectors, is making my hobby daunting. I have no problem with someone making a living, I would respect Hasbro more even if we see fewer and more "superior" action figures than another Han Solo Tatooine Escape, I have a box full of them already!

25. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I found the WOTC AT-AT. It looks sweet, but I don't know about the scale. It's 12" high. For $39 it's still a bit expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.