main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AT-AT Endor version

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by SSIntimidator, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    No problem, we're cool! I feel that way too sometimes around here! [face_peace]

The molds are all the same except for the side head guns. The original doesn't have the missile firing side head guns like the POTF and this one has. The original one also was hollow inside for lots of Snowtroopers, where as the POTF has a sound fx box with view screens in it. You can still put some Snowtroopers in it, but not a lot like the original! The sound fx box has movie lines and sound fx from ESB, which I thought was cool!

Button one has General Veers saying: "Yes Lord Vader, we have reached the main power generator, the shield will be down in moments." The view screen has a picture of Vader light up!
    Button two has General Veers saying: "Target Maximum Firepower" then you hear the main guns fire followed by an explosion! The view screen shows the shield generator light up and flash when it's being shot at!
    Button three is the Walker's walking sound, and if you hold it down it makes the walking sound followed by the crunching of Luke's snowspeeder!

The main guns underneath both models both move back and fourth, light up and make the cool AT-AT main gun sound! Also inside both you had a hand "control" to move the AT-AT's head left to right and up and down. The POTF AT-AT also had Luke's ascension gun that is attached to the under belly, so you can recreate that scene, original one didn't!

Original AT-AT didn't come with figures, the POTF came with an AT-AT Driver and General Veers.

Paint jobs: Original, no extra paint, just stickers to apply here and there, very plain looking. POTF has some dirt specks to it, darker grey color too, the usual vehicle paint job from this line. See also the POTF Snowspeeder and X-wing.

The new one seems to have the same side guns as the POTF one and the same main guns as all three. It doesn't have the ascension gun, which it shouldn't since it's on Endor. Also found this pic, which shows it does have the sound fx box inside similar to the POTF one. No idea what sound fx or movie lines it has on it.

Back of box
    More pics

Also, for what it's worth I still have my POTF AT-AT's box and the TRU price tag on it says $79.99!

Later,
    ~DZ

2. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Now you have me wondering what in the world the view screens would have on them and what sounds they'd use. I'd guess the Imperial Shield Generator and maybe the landing pad. As for sounds, beyond walking, the RotJ AT-AT didn't do anything.

3. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    ^^^^^THANKS DarthZemog !!!^^^^^

I wonder what the electronic voice would be for the Endor version, I assume the same as the POTF, as there isnt any real ROTJ dialogue or action for the AT-AT like there was in ESB.

I have a decision make. I want an AT-AT for an ESB display purpose...but the Endor one is new and looks cool, comes with newer/nicer figures. Yet, it has the endor "dirt" markings. I wonder how much the dirt will bother me if i have a X-Wing Luke Dangling from the bottom....

Meditate on this, i will...[face_thinking]

4. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Actually I don't collect high end. I have one bust and one animated on order, the rest of my collection are figures. As for the head being too big, it's not just too big it's ginormous compared to the body. They can update the XWing, they can update the TIE but they can shrink the head? Weak.

If the figures were around $3.00 when the original AT-AT came out (which cost $30) and the figures are now $7.00 that's basically double the cost in what, 20 years? The AT-AT - by that logic - should run around $60/$65 bucks. You go on spending $90 on a retread with a minor update on the paint, I'll wait until it's on ebay next year for $10.

5. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    For the most accurate scale, go with the Hasbro AT-AT, Roland. The new snowspeeder Unleashed set is pretty much scale to the Hasbro AT-AT also.

I just read that the sounds it has are walking, small blaster cannons, and large blaster cannons with an explosion sound at the end.

6. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    That's the price for a vintage one missing parts! Complete is going to cost you a little more then $10 for either vintage or POTF. But I see your point, you can find complete versions of either for way under the $90 price tag of this new one. [face_peace]

I totally forgot, the POTF AT-AT has 2 more movie quotes when you push a button on the sound fx box! General Veers saying: "All troops will debark for ground assault!" then he says, "Distance to Power Generators?" AT-AT driver says, "1-7 decimal 2-8!" Had to go push the buttons at lunch! :D

~DZ

7. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    $90! Are you joking! I thought the Clone Wars Gun Ship @ $45 was alot....

8. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Clone Wars Gunship: $45
    Dagobah X-wing: $49
    Endor AT-AT: Too darned much! :mad:

At these price points it's no wonder Hasbro can't sell vehicles. Wasn't the longer-winged Tie at Target something like $40 too? They keep doing this, and I'm gonna keep passing them up. And I used to be a collect-them-all kinda guy.

9. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Yeah, I passed on that TIE last year too. It was about $45. You can't tell me those bigger wings made it cost an extra $20.[face_plain]

I think the price of the new X-Wing isn't too bad, and the Gunship I didn't mind too much paying for because I never was able to find a Gunship last year. Plus the CW design is too awesome to pass up. I'd like to get that new snowspeeder. I forgot how much that's supossed to be going for.

10. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I believe the new Snowspeeder is about $25. For an improved vehicle and a new figure that's not bad. I just missed the AT-ATs at my local TRU. The clerk at the store said they went fast. I guess Hasbro was wrong about large vehicles.

Again.

11. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    $25 for the new snowspeeder is very good. I'll definitely pick one up when I see it. I think the AT-AT will sell pretty good, at least for a while because collectors have been starved of large vehicles for so long. Hopefully this will encourage Hasbro to make a damn AT-TE, but I'm not counting on it.

12. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    An AT-TE and a Jugernaut would make me one happy cloner. Heck, just update the old Imperial Transport or those old mini-rigs and I'd buy them all. My clones need vehicles.

13. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Yeah, but if they do make either of those big boys, would you pay the almost certain $90 or up price tag?! That's the real question you gotta ask yourself?! If it was simlar in design to the AT-AT, meaning "not screen accurate"! How bad would you want it for your Clones, seeing as it's never been made, but not movie accurate because of the size?! :confused:

Just playing Devils advocate! I'd totally buy an AT-TE, but I'd be on the fence with the Juggernaught. It just doesn't really do it for me for some reason. It just reminds me of a SW Monster Truck! :p

~DZ

14. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    As long as it wasn't butchered, I'd gladly pay $90 for an AT-TE. Same for a well done Juggernaught.

15. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    If they ever made a scale AT TA Juggernaut or transport they would be well over $150 easy.

I'd like them to do a moderate priced one of each just to have them. Somewhere in the $40 range, obviously too small for 3" figures but whatever, I just want some as long as they look good.

16. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Ok, I picked up my very first Star Wars AT-AT from Toys R Us this afternoon. In all my collecting years I've never owned one. I haven't opened it yet, but has my collecting habit gone too far?

17. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Nah, not if you enjoy it. If you're having second thoughts though, maybe take it back since it's not opened and wait for it to go on clearance. If I get one, I'm ripping that sucker open and setting up my Battle Of Hoth diorama with the Unleashed Battle Packs, and putting the scout trooper with my clone collection.:D

18. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    You'll have to let us know what sound fx it has when you finally open him up, I'm totally curious if they included any dialog like the POTF one! AT-AT's need to stomp Rebels, so set him free to stomp! :p

Enjoy your AT-AT! :D

~DZ

19. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    but has my collecting habit gone too far?

I have been asking myself that same question since 1995 when the POTF figures and star wars widevision trading cards were released and I went nuts buying them. Trouble is I havent slowed down since then. BTW I have both the AT-AT and X-wing comeing from TRU in a few weeks. has my habit gone too far... Definitely!

20. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    No dialogue, just walking and blaster sound effects from what I've read.

21. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I put the thing together last night and I love it. I haven't yet plugged any batteries in. One thing I can say is that it's one of the few things that still seems as HUGE as when I was a kid. This is one item I had always wanted, but my family couldn't afford. While my I will probably pose it as planned, with the Unleashed Hoth sets, a part of me really likes the idea of letting one of these things loose on Endor. I could fill it with Scout Troopers and crush ewoks beneath it's feet. [face_devil]

22. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards getting one. The chance to make a Battle Of Hoth diorama is to cool to pass up.

I haven't had an AT-AT since the POTF 2 one in '97, which I sold a few months after getting. Before that I hadn't had one since I was a kid, and man I put that thing through hell. I remember some older kids and I putting a smoke bomb inside of it and pushing it over to recreate the scene in TESB where Luke takes one out, and it tips over. By the end of it's toy life, it was only down to the body. I have no idea what happened to the legs.

23. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    [image=http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/2885ToyStory-4.jpg]
    So you were that kind of kid.

24. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Yeah, I was a little bit. Funny to imagine myself doing that, as now I freak out if a figure starts to lean over.:p

25. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Dude?! So have you plugged them in yet?! What sounds does it make?! Any dialog? Looking for actual sound confirmation from someone who bought it! :D

Did you stomp any Rebels or Ewok yet?! [face_devil]

~DZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.