main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AT-AT with wrong legs?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by MeAndMyVW, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeAndMyVW

MeAndMyVW Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    [image=http://www.faithfauxlyyours.com/atatlegs.jpg]
    Has anyone seen this before? This At-AT clearly has the wrong color legs on the bottom, I have seen thousands of AT-AT's but never have I seen one with the legs like this. Can anyone help?

2. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    you have just found the ultra rare, ment in box worth a half a million dollers version of the Endor attack AT-AT. But since it is out of the box, its only worth $30. LOL

3. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    If you look at the main page of the site that picture comes from...

http://www.faithfauxlyyours.com/

They specialize in custom paints and fake finishes. Which leads me to agree with my original asessment that this is one of the oddest and most pointless customs I've ever seen. It's like an AT-AT with legwarmers.

4. MeAndMyVW

MeAndMyVW Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    WOW THAT WAS HILARIOUS...LMAO. I thought you were serious...for a second.

5. MeAndMyVW

MeAndMyVW Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    actually the pic is from ebay, I'm the webmaster of faithfauxlyyours.com so I used the website ftp server to serve the picture...but AT-AT with leg warmers sounds cool too, after all empire was at the beginning of the 80's...lol.

6. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Looks like someone substituted a pair of sun bleached legs...

7. MeAndMyVW

MeAndMyVW Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    I asked the EBAY seller what was up with this and it was explained to me that thats how it was out of the box, and that it was doubtfull that they had ever been changed. Any chance that someone made replica legs out of the wrong color plastic?

8. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Its completely possible that the legs just discolored like vintage toys are prone to do. If the bottom part of the legs were made out of a different plastic then the top parts then depending on what environmental factors the box was exposed to they could of just discolored differently.

9. MeAndMyVW

MeAndMyVW Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    interseting theory, but I don't think that is very possible.

10. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Why :p

I almost gaurentee you thats or something similar is what happened. Its very common for toy companies to use diffrent plastics for diffrent parts to balance cost and the engenering requirements of what the toy needs to do. Different palstics then discolor in diffrent ways. Look at your vintage troopers as an example. The bodies tend to turn yellow before the arms or the legs.

11. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    that's the most likely theory. toys yellow all the time due to heat or light in storage. and as was said before, the different pieces could be a slightly different batch of plastic. i've got stormtroopers with one yellow leg and one white one, and stuff like that. my vintage Transformers jetfire is a white/yellow mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.