main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'At Least Smile' (NJO J/TK ~ one-poster)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    After some prodding from some friends of mine :)p); I've decided to post this here.

I was originally going to dive into revising/elaborating on some of it... but beta-readers (Thanks lots :D) seemed to like it the way it was; so I left it.

And it takes place sort of during Destiny's Way. So yeah~

-----

It was a gorgeous day at Hapan Palace. The beauty of the morning sharply contrasted with the young Queen Mother's emotions at the moment.

It had been like that a lot lately.

Day in, day out; the same thing. Appointments, speeches, meetings.

Today was no exception. A speech to the public. Another one of those morale boosting speeches about how Hapes was safe from the Yuuzhan Vong.

Queen Mother Tenel Ka Chume Djo was sick of it. She wanted to be out among the fighting, among the Jedi; helping them. Her place was among them. She would never get used to being the Queen Mother. But she held on; for the people of Hapes. For her late mother's people. Her father's people.

Her people.

Anhaje, one of Tenel Ka's diminuative handmaidens, stepped through the bedchamber door, "It is time, your worship."

The Queen Mother nodded, "I will be there in a moment."

Anhaje silently shut the bedchamber doors.

Tenel Ka picked up one of the armbands from her dresser and clasped it around the end of her left arm. It had a polished silver tone and glittered with numerous gems from Gallinore. Dangling cords of silver traced the lower half of it. It had been a gift from her mother, years ago. She liked it. But it wasn't 'her'... she started wearing it daily after her mother passed away.

Then the necklace.

It was the gort eggshell necklace the boy she had loved, and still loved, had given to her a lifetime ago. After he died, she began to absently wear it daily, like the armband. She could easily slip it on and off with one hand, since she had had what seemed like years of practice.

Glancing at herself in the mirror, her stormy gray eyes trailed from the necklace to her severed left arm.

Jacen Solo.

A sigh escaped her lips.

Her people were waiting.

---

'It all happened at once.'

All it takes is a finely aimed A295 bolt. And the Queen Mother is clasping at her left shoulder and taking stumbles away from the podium. The Queen Mother's rugged female guards surround her within seconds and scan the crowd and the ledges of the buildings with their alert eyes. A team of Hapan medics crouch beside their Queen Mother and analyze her injury. They stand up, gently pick up her trembling body and drag her off, into the grand Palace towards the medical wing.

The assassin snickers, "Almost. But not quite."

His henchman smiles, "It'll do. She'll be out for at least a few days."

The men stand and slip silently away from the scene where they had just attempted an assassination on the Queen Mother of 63 planets. The guards pick up on them and follow them. They're caught in a heartbeat.

Inexperienced assassins sent by a member of the extended family.

Welcome to Hapes. This was all in a days work.

---

Usually assassination attempts failed. This one was an exception. It failed to an extent though; as Isolder noticed his daughter was still breathing.

"She needs bacta treatment. Full immersion. We need to put her in the tank," the medic looked to Isolder, her concern for their Queen Mother showing on her worried, little visage.

Isolder sighed and looked at his daughter's prone body, "How long?"

"Just a few days."

"I think we can hold the family over until then."

He watched as the assistants wrapped his daughter's unconscious body into a bacta cloth and submerged her into the tank.

---

She was slated to be fully healed three days after the assassination attempt happened. It was the second day.

A medic trainee was keeping vigil over the Queen Mother's bacta tank. He was a young man, younger than the queen, with inquisitive brown eyes and and scruffy mop of unruly black hair. The medics let him keep watch over their Queen

2. jacesolo1138

jacesolo1138 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    I love it! Glad you decided to post it here -Tenel-Ka-. Do you have anymore stories?

~jacesolo1138~

3. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    I'm in the process of planning/writing a couple... mostly they're just timelines of stories at the moment though.

Glad you liked it! :D *hug*

4. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    awesome! i loved it...so incredibly sweet [face_love]

man, there seems to be an outbreak of YJK pairings and fics lately...*taps chin* perhaps we YJK dorks should start a thread to record all the YJK fics on JC? (kinda like the j/tk, etc, threads)...

hm...anyone else in agreement? the idea's been kinda floating around in my head for a while...

~TJF

5. jacesolo1138

jacesolo1138 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Sounds like a good idea to me TJK. A "YJK dorks index"

Do you want to start it or should I?

~jacesolo1138~

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    it really doesn't matter to me...it could be a joint thing if you want...PM me if you wanted details about what i was thinking ( :eek: i know, me thinking...scary :p )

~TJF

7. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    aww that's so cute!! [face_love] he gave her a smile and a wink...:[face_sigh]: ahh why did the NJO authors have to go screw up thier relationship...::sigh again:: now I have to just spend my life infront of the computer reading fanfiction about it...

MORE!

EJ

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    lol, poor EJ...look at it this way though: J/TK still has a chance. if Zekk and Jaina get back together i'll probably die of shock :p :_| (thus a fan fic addiction is started)

~TJF

9. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    [face_laugh] @ TJF

8-}

EJ

10. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    You know, I swore that I wasn't going to read the thousands of totally TK/J fics on the front page . . . but then I saw that this was a one-poster, so I looked in. It was definitely worth it. :D

Beautiful vignette. Very sweet ending. [face_love] I liked how it wasn't all resolved--they aren't together and in each others' arms at the end--but it's sweet all the same.

I like. :D

-duskwings

11. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    This was so fun to read! The 'oddly aroused' med assistant... Jacen finding the Hapan camera and grinning that grin... really great! :)

12. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
  13. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    I like the idea of the YJK fics index; there seems to be so many all of the sudden! o_O

*hugs TJF and EJ* Wahahah! Thank you!

duskwings: Yeah; they're are a lot of J/TK fics floating around... me being a rabid fan... I've read them all so far. LOL~ they're all good. :D But thank you for picking mine out. LOL~ I'm a fan of one-posters... usually because they aren't resolved, like this one. And I wanted it to be unresolved... it means more that way. Thank you! *hug*

val solo: Thank you for the comments!! I love whenever Jacen gets his lopsided Solo grin... so I had to revolve a story around it. :D And the med assisstant. Hahaha~ I had fun embarrassing him. Poor guy~ ^_^

THO: :D :D :D hehehe~ Thank you!

14. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Great job T_K. You always seem to make Tenel Ka shine. :)

OWLC

15. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    You already know what I think about this, TK. All I want to say is: MORE!!! WANT MORE!!!!

:D

16. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Me like!!

Me like!!

More please!!

*races off to do dishes before her mother destroy's her computer*

17. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    This is the first decent TK/J story i've read in along time!!!!

nina

18. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    wonderful!

19. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Thank you all!! You make me WANT to write more. :D

I'll have to think awhile about the storyline though... I want it to be original and weird. Bwahahah!

20. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    We do?

We DO!!!

YAY!!!

THAT MEANS WE GET MORE!!!!

YAY!!!

:D

21. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh, Wow!!

Awesome fic! You're a good writer, and you have Tenel Ka down perfectly!

22. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    I just have to stop back in one more time and tell you what a good fic this is...like, seriously, I think it's my all time favorite on the boards...or like ever...I've comeback to read it alot and it makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time...Very excellent, and though I've said this already, You must write the next NJO book so that you can kick out Dannie whats-her-face and hook Jacen up with the real girl. I think this scene would be an excellent beginning ^_-

Once again, excellent job, stupendous and exceptional. I'll still be reading it years from now... :D

EJ

23. DropkickJake

DropkickJake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    i'm deffinately thinkin that u gotta branch a whole story off of this, that would be the best begining for a story ever all time in the history of the world!

24. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    After Striker teaching me to unlock this, I can now come in and say a big thank you to everyone over at the CRPA for making this story the March 2005 Spotlight story!

I'm gonna edit the picture into the first post shortly! <3 Thanks again!

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm glad you unlocked this... it was a delight to read... especially not having the usual run into each others arms and kiss endings. I do wonder if you've a mind to add more now that this up again???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.