main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AT-PT WIP

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by the_dig, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Why don't you email me about this. See if I can help. Don't really want to talk about it too much here. Shame something like that will slow you down, keep you from doing what you wanna do, use tools you wanna use, etc.

Maybe you can finish it up and release it as v1 to me. Then we'll work on your system problems and you can update it later. Bobafett is already making a really nice version now, with those additions on the legs that I was suggesting, but you couldn't do b/c of your system.

2. the_dig

the_dig Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    It was no problem...
    I only had to reinstall Windows and all Programs. I also was very busy so it took very much time... I also saved my files to a second harddisk so there was no reason to send this "alpha-version" to you...

But I still have problems to bevel (chamfer) things. I think it´s MAX 4.0.
    Wasn´t there somewhere a free update to 4.1 or 4.2 (I think I read this somewhere)... Maybe this helps (if it exists)

3. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Well. Still... go ahead and email me about it. I may be able to help you out. And maybe you could help me.

4. the_dig

Jun 6, 2002
    UPDATE:

Only details under the cockpit and the engine are still needed. So there will be one more modelling update, then I start texturing.

[image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atptWIP16.jpg]
    [image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atptWIP16_2.jpg]
    [image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atptWIP16_4_3.jpg]

5. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Awesome attention to detail Dig!

-Matt

6. the_dig

Jun 6, 2002
    Model FINISHED...

Last modelling update:
    [image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atptWIP24.jpg]

7. bobabert

bobabert Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2002
    yeah!! good :) will you share it??
    nice job...whouaa!!

8. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Wow. That's some really nice detail. So you didn't really have alot of reference for that... you made up most of that detail under the belly? Looks really good.

9. the_dig

Jun 6, 2002
    bert: Yes I´ll share it when it´s textured...

Zoo: Yep- first I made some drawings and then I modelled it. There are not enough references (especially from below and the back)

Here is an update with the TEXTURED LEGS. I never textured something so complicated like this (always avoided it :D ), so please give me some feedback.

[image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atptWIP27.jpg]

10. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Dirtier and more areas of concentrated dirt. More variation. Otherwise, looking good.

11. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    I think it looks great. It all depends on the look that YOU want. The scratches are good but you could maybe do a version that iss more dirty , not dirt dirt since it may end up in a snow environment for example, but maybe grease around some joints. Maybe some grease marks or a few oil streaks, etc. What you're doing is fine. It could just be the slightly used version with the scratches... but clean. I saw somebody suggested to do stuff like this and they added green stains to the legs. I think what you're doing is fine. People need to add their own stuff like that depending on how they're trying to use it. We don't need diff. versions of models.. camo, snow, green, etc.

12. the_dig

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks Zoo. That´s what I do now...
    I also made a very dirty version but I changed it to:
    a litle bit dirty... because I don´t liked it

Here´s a test a of the main Cockpit and the Engines. Because they are the biggest parts they are most difficult. After playing around 2 hours I´ve no idea what I can make better... so I hope you like it (nevertheless it´s not final)

[image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atptWIP27_4.jpg]

13. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I like your texturing so far, those warning strips are a nice touch ;)

14. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    That's beyond perfect. Much more weathering than your other version. I can't imagine you doing anything else with the textures. People need to customize it further themselves for their own particular use. What else are you gonna do to it? Looks great. How do the windows work? They open up like an ATST. I thought this thing had a black glass window. I thought I saw that on Bobabert's version.

15. the_dig

Jun 6, 2002
    Ok thanks - so I let it how it is... It still needs the window-glass (you´re absolutely right Zoo :) ) and some details textured.

I also add bones, because I want make some animations, too - so any noob can animate it :D

16. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Yea.. let it how it is.. just "let" it alone. :>

So that is right? I think I like the AT-ST stlye better. Just metal flaps that open up. But you should stick with the reference. How do they open up? And that is right.. black glass window?

17. the_dig

Jun 6, 2002
    Daily Update :D

In one or two days I´ll show the final version:

[image=http://www.8ung.at/the_dig/atptWIP30_3.jpg]

Zoo: I think you missunderstood me. I don´t change the other textures (Cockpit...) - BUT I´ll make the glass window (like in the reference)

18. bobabert

bobabert Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2002
    YEAH VERY VERY VERY GOOD JOB MAN I like it with lot of details

19. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    Welcome to the "insane detail modeling alliance". you guy got all my respects. It make me want to finish my Ewing textures...

20. the_dig

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks.
    You (Dr.Jones) have always been my idol for my whole 3D work until I know this site (1999-2000 I think). And now you are impressed. wow

21. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    Hey I'm someone's idol :D, too bad you're not a girl

22. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Pretty kool how your work has come up over the past 6-12 months. Somebody who is good needs about that much time to really get cooking. It's fun to watch this process as people get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.