main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive At the Eleventh Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by BrentusofGath, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    IC ? Senator Kaila Mepou

Kaila was on her feet the instant she finished reading Fortein?s message. ?Nayva,? she called over her shoulder to her assistant, ?Send a message to Senator Fortein?s office I am on my way.?

She didn?t bother to wait for a reply as she palmed open the door to her office and hurried through the reception area. She offered the briefest of nods and smiles to her colleagues as she hurried down the long corridor, her mind more focused on how much aide could be sent as quickly as possible to Mon Calamari.

?Senator Mepou,? Fortein?s receptionist greeted crisply. ?You are expected. You may go right in.?

Kaila didn?t break stride as she thanked the young woman.

Fortein stood, walking around her desk, a grim look on her face. ?Thank you for responding so quickly.?

?Have you heard from Senator Ghent??

?No,? Fortein shook her head, gesturing to the two plush chairs in front of her desk. ?Though I expect to at anytime.?

?Perhaps we can discuss a few options before she arrives,? Kaila suggested, settling in the chair closest to her. ?The sooner we finalize our plans, the sooner we can act.?

Fortein nodded in agreement. ?What do you have in mind??

?I?ve spoken to the Senators of Lego and Jabiim and they are willing to send food supplies right away. We also have pledges from several other systems willing to send food, however, there is concern over how long the aide would continue,? she paused, her eyes clouding over. ?Do we know what happened on Mon Calamari to cause this disaster??

?No,? Fortein??s voice was laced with frustration. ?Nor do we know if or when the Calamaris will be able to begin producing food again.?

?Perhaps we could meet with the Chancellor and suggest he send the Jedi to investigate??

?The Jedi?? Fortein frowned. ?Don?t you think the Senate can handle -,?

?Of course,? Kaila interrupted with a wave of her hand. ?But the Mon Calamari don?t fully trust the Senate or the Republic for that matter. They do, however, have a great deal of respect for the Jedi.?

?Hmmm?,? Fortein??s brows furrowed together as she considered Kaila?s suggestion. ?I think we should offer to accompany the Jedi and help in their investigation,? she finally began. ?If we are able to find out what happened and rectify it, perhaps the Mon Calamari would be willing to consider joining the Republic.?

?And we?d save millions of lives,? Kaila added.

?I agree,? Fortein smiled. ?We?ll discuss this further when Senator Ghent arrives.?

Tag: jediofdarkness

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Again, my apologies for the late start.

The Jedi Order

Jedi Council Chambers,
    Telos IV

It was cold.

That came with the territory, Pytr Dooku supposed. Even with the top-of-the-line in climate control systems from the Republic, the southern polar region of Telos IV was an icy wasteland and most likely always would be, regardless of technological innovations. Not for the first time the head of the Jedi Order wondered about the strategic value of putting themselves in a glorified icebox.

Still, he thought to himself, there are many other benefits. Privacy, for one; few sentient beings could break the security perimeter of the Order's new home without detection; heat sensors and Jedi senses both took on greater efficiency in cold climates, since a heat source or living being would show up all the more plainly, making infiltration that much harder.

And the ice caves of Telos IV had another important advantage for Pytr Dooku personally: ice tended to reflect sound more than it absorbed it. Which, albeit that sound bounced off the walls more than it did in conventional places, was of great use to a man who had spent the past fifteen years in the darkness of blindness. But even that wasn't correct; blindness was no more darkness than silence was deafness. Thus the Miraluka had taught him; thus he had learned, and was still learning.

Where others could see only blue-white walls and the grasp of ice, Pytr Dooku lived in crystalline hallways that trembled with every movement made upon them. Even the howling wind of the polar cap did not escape him, even this deep inside the mountain; not with the ice itself singing every harmonic. If anything, the ice made it that much easier for him to move around.

So it was with reasonable confidence that Pytr Dooku got up from one of the twenty or so chairs in the Jedi Council Chamber around a table made of a massive steel ring and moved across the room to greet the two individuals who had walked through the doorway. He recognised the gait of the first, a man he'd known for some years as friend and as fellow Master. The man had a gait where his steps were certain but light -- the walk of a man who practiced the lightsaber styles of Ataru and Makashi -- Form IV and II, respectively. The styles did grind a certain lightness on one's feet into one's step -- regardless of how much their wielder preferred to avoid lightsaber combat. The only man weighing about 180 pounds who walked that lightly around here was Master Dash Qel Sek'kas.

The gait of the second wasn't known to Pytr Dooku, but the Head of the Order couldn't suppress a quick flicker of a grin that crossed his features as he listened to the walk. The walk was confident, strong; the walk of a young man. No, not man -- the gait didn't quite sound human, exactly. Maybe a near-human such as an Iridonian, or a Calamarian, perhaps. But what caused Dooku's grin was the sudden hesitation in the steps, and then just as quickly reasserting their confident stride, as if repressing surprise. The cause for that, Dooku knew, was the fact that the Jedi Master was walking towards the two of them with his old, traditional blindfold over his eyes. And given Dooku had issued the summons to attend, he knew it could only be the Jedi Knight Jerad Dorn walking in as well.

The sight of a blind man walking unerringly across a room was bound to cause anybody to hesitate, where -- as was the case with Dorn -- he hadn't seen it done before.

Pytr let his amusement pass, though his smile remained. As he reached about ten feet from them, the Master opened his hands in the traditional gesture of welcome. "Master Sek'kas. Knight Dorn. Greetings, and my thanks for coming. Please, won't you be seated?"

Without waiting for either of them to take a seat, Dooku moved to the nearest chair, felt his way down into its comfortable (if chilly) cushioning. "The reason I have called you he

3. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    IC: Master Dash Qel Sak'kas
    Jedi Temple, Telos IV

Dash could see his breath as he walked down the icy halls of Jedi Temple on Telos IV. He breathed in deeply, the cold air rushing into his lungs. It was soothing. Perhaps it wasn't the cold, but the presence of other Jedi he felt, the presence of the Living Force that thrived in such a desolate place as this. Before his exile, Dash could not see a further purpose of having the Temple here other than isolation, but now he understood. The Temple was on Telos for the same reason it was on Dantooine before it was destroyed, the Force chose it. He felt more at home on Telos than he ever did before.

As Dash entered the Council Chamber, he sensed two more Jedi entering the Chamber as well. He easily recognized the presence of Master Dooku, but the other Jedi was unknown to him. Dash had only returned from his exile a few months ago, and hadn't really bothered with the younger Jedi, though he felt this was about to change.

"Master Sek'kas. Knight Dorn. Greetings, and my thanks for coming. Please, won't you be seated?"

Dash sat down as Master Dooku continued with what he had called them for.

"We have received a report that a certain Captain Montgum of the Telos Security Forces has disappeared off the station. And yes, Dash, I know this is normally the task of the TSF to deal with such a matter. But there is something out of place about this situation -- and in particular, there is a very curious disturbance in the Force which seems to surround the captain's disappearance. I'm afraid I can't really elaborate much further than that; the warning's coming from our precognitives -- or such as we still have -- and even they don't have a clear picture of what's going on, either."

Dash was amused that Master Dooku had so easily sensed his immediate thoughts. Indeed, this did seem like a routine investigation for TSF to deal with. As Master Dooku continued, Dash began to agree with him. Something unknown surrounded this event, a slight ripple in the Force, but he could not sense much further. Even with his years in exile, Dash still could not completely understand the Force, there was none who could.

"I need the two of you to take a team of Jedi and agents to Citadel Station to investigate the disappearance again. TSF I understand has drawn a blank, although I don't know what their response to our intervention there is going to be. I'd like your team to go back over the ground; look to security footage of the captain's quarters, check for forensics material the TSF may have missed. If you do find anything, you'll need to bring it back here to have it analysed; your team will have to travel light, so there won't be space for forensic analysis equipment. I understand the closest officer to Captain Montgum was a Lieutenant Grenn; I would perhaps speak to him before you go barging into the captain's quarters, of course. Now, do you have any questions?"

Forensic analysis equipment, Dash repeated to himself. It was probably for the better that they would not be able to bring it. He did not need the same novelties that police forces carried. Such equipment could easily cause Jedi to ignore the Force. He respected Master Dooku, but Dash believed the Force was better than any investigative equipment science could construct.

"Master," Dash began to speak, "how many Jedi should we bring to aid in the investigation? And do you have anyone in mind to accompany us? You clearly know the Order better than I."

TAG: Saint, Legacy

4. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    IC:Chancellor Ogusto Janor
    Chancellor's Office

The upcoming session was drawing near, and Ogusto was looking forward to it for once especially after the fact that the Sith uprising seemed to be passing. The past few years of his current term as Chancellor had been hectic to say the very least, and the former miliatary officer was glad that the next session would consist of more political type issues instead of the war. There were many situations which were going to have to be dealt with accordingly, and the addition of Maya to his office could certainly boost his capacity to do so. Turning in his chair casually the Chancellor had kept his guest waiting long enough, and his eyes settled firmly upon the new aide placed in his cabinent.

"Welcome Maya I find it highly convienent to learn that your services have been made available to me", Ogusto addressed the young female aide with a tone of warmth though his words might not give off the same impression. "Before we get down to business let me welcome you, and please don't hesitate to ask anything that might be troubling you", he added informatively years of political manuveuring had smoothed any rough patches Ogusto Janor might of possessed as a foul mouthed officer.

Tags:Darth Joesha

5. MandalorianLegecy

MandalorianLegecy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2008
    IC: Jerad Dorn
    Jedi Temple, Telos IV

As Jerad entered the room he removed the blindfold. He could see all that was around him through the force. Jerad placed pitch-black sunglasses on into place. Jerad heard Dooku speak.

"Master Sek'kas. Knight Dorn. Greetings and my thanks for coming. Please, won't you be seated?"

Jerad could see everything around him, even though his eyes were not functioning. He could see his hand wave out greeting them. Jerad could see the two masters look at each other. His eyes were dead and the Force was more powerful than anything. His hearing, sent, and feelings were more intact plus he had the force. Jerad then heard a conversation begin.

"The reason I have called you here is because the Council has work for you. On Citadel Station."

"We have received a report that a certain Captain Montgum of the Telos Security Forces has disappeared off the station. And yes, Dash, I know this is normally the task of the TSF to deal with such a matter. But there is something out of place about this situation -- and in particular, there is a very curious disturbance in the Force which seems to surround the captain's disappearance. I'm afraid I can't really elaborate much further than that; the warning's coming from our precognitives -- or such as we still have -- and even they don't have a clear picture of what's going on, either."

D"I need the two of you to take a team of Jedi and agents to Citadel Station to investigate the disappearance again. TSF I understand has drawn a blank, although I don't know what their response to our intervention there is going to be. I'd like your team to go back over the ground; look to security footage of the captain's quarters, check for forensics material the TSF may have missed. If you do find anything, you'll need to bring it back here to have it analysed; your team will have to travel light, so there won't be space for forensic analysis equipment. I understand the closest officer to Captain Montgum was a Lieutenant Grenn; I would perhaps speak to him before you go barging into the captain's quarters, of course. Now, do you have any questions?"

Jerad nodded as Master Dooku spoke. Probably everyone was showing Jerad pity inside, which was not appreciated. They all looked at him as if he were a mental case and that made him very mad. He could see probably better than them both, through the force. Without the burden of eyes Jerad could see into the next city, through the force. The force was his eyes and he mastered it. Then Master Dash spoke.

"Master," Dash began to speak, "how many Jedi should we bring to aid in the investigation? And do you have anyone in mind to accompany us? You clearly know the Order better than I."

Jerad stood and did not sit down. Out of term he said ?I would not like to sit?. He knew that would make them confused and think his hearing was going. Jerad smirked with a small laugh.

?How many Jedi will be accompanying us Master Dooku,? Jerad repeated ?Does it matter, I can sense everything down there, see everything down there?. ?Always taking the hard way? Jerad said, ?So be it? he added. Jerad then looked over at them, hoping they would stop thinking of him as a mental case, and as a person.

?One other thing, I?m not a mental case, So I can?t see who cares? Jerad claimed, ?I don?t? He added. Jerad took a seat and put his hand on his head, looking down onto the ground. A tear dropped from his eye. The drop sounded like snow hitting a leaf on a tree, light and delicate.

Tag: Jedi

6. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Unaffiliated
    Of Ishkit outside Caross on Togoria

Ishkit nearly yelped when he heard the pudgy Twi?lek come around. He clapped a hand over his snout, to prevent a sound from escaping. Ishkit?s eyes followed the Twi?lek?s path, from his initial position to theirs. He hadn?t a guess, and still was making attempts, when Olzgaf whispered.

?What was the trouble with the guards??

Ishkit glanced to the Twi'lek. He hadn?t figured for trouble, though he knew the law on Togoria. It was still considered treason for an off-world trespasser to be admitted twice onto the planet. The first offense was regarded as a warning, but the second left the offender staked for liphons. He gulped at the thought.

Tag - Brentus

7. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    IC Appentice Vile
    Sith Empire

"What an outrage". Before even being able to speak Vile was lifted and toosed to the ground. His master apperintly disagreed with him. After being choked and tossed, Vile tryed to regain his wit and his breath.

After being utterly humiliated Vile just stood there and stared at the floor. "Meet me in the hangar in two hours. Bring your gear...leave your wit.." Said Lotus. Apperently they were still working on this together.

After every body dispatched Vile decided to leave the room himself. Humiliated he strode to his room to and got ready to get his gear ready for the mission. He was angery but he understood. His tongue got the best of him. But one day they would see his potential. He would rise to greatness and everyone would kneel to him. But today he had to follow Lotus and his duty to the sith.

After thinking it over he got his gear and strode out ready for his mission.

TAG Sith Empire

8. MandalorianLegecy

MandalorianLegecy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2008
    ((OOC: Disregard my Last Post, I thought you made me Blind and I forgotten about you being blind Sorry. Yes, I know i'm stupid...One question though Luitenant Green is from KotOR II right? I think I'm correct.))

IC: Jerad Dorn
    Jedi Temple, Telos IV

As Jerad entered the room looking at Master Dooku and Master Dorn. He wondered what Master Dooku's eyes looked like behind the blindfold. Taking his attention off that and to the discussion at the moment.

"Master Sek'kas. Knight Dorn. Greetings and my thanks for coming. Please, won't you be seated?"

"The reason I have called you here is because the Council has work for you. On Citadel Station."

"I need the two of you to take a team of Jedi and agents to Citadel Station to investigate the disappearance again. TSF I understand has drawn a blank, although I don't know what their response to our intervention there is going to be. I'd like your team to go back over the ground; look to security footage of the captain's quarters, check for forensics material the TSF may have missed. If you do find anything, you'll need to bring it back here to have it analysed; your team will have to travel light, so there won't be space for forensic analysis equipment. I understand the closest officer to Captain Montgum was a Lieutenant Grenn; I would perhaps speak to him before you go barging into the captain's quarters, of course. Now, do you have any questions?"

Jerad nodded as Master Dooku spoke. He pondered on the Disapperance, and of how odd it was. Because he could feel the Dark presence around the Disapperance and was worried about it.

Jerad took a seat in a chair across from Master Dooku, and then started to speak, looking up at the Jedi Masters.

?I agree, if we are to start anywhere then we should start with either asking around to see if anyone saw weird activity around Captain Montgum?s Quarters, also inside the quarters?, Jerad suggested adding ?If that is alright with you Master Dooku and Master Dash?. Jerad glanced back at the masters showing interest within the disappearance.

Tag: Jedi

9. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Matala Logan
    Manaan

The Selkath were there of course, swarming over the young man in the docking bay as they spoke their weird language at Republic Officers. Matala Logan figured from the way one of them was acting he was the father.
    "Sergeant," one of the soldiers called out. Instead of answering the commando made her way for the zealous fish people of the planet.
    "Come on, make way, make way." Lowering her voice as she used her size and muscle to clear a path she added, "his father has to see him." She looked down at the deceased, having seen too many dead bodies to react openly but was inwardly saddened by the terrible waste of someone so young dying. As the Selkath moved aside the father ran to his son's side.
    "Sergeant," one of the officers repeated. Matala went over to hear the brief. "Lieutenant Schulio," he said by way of introduction. "Kid's name is Mando Horton, age 25. That's his father with him now, Brix." Matala nodded and thought maybe a woman's touch would be better than for the cold, emotionally detached Selkath to get their slimy flippers on this case. She went to stand next to him, seeing the hurt on his face but saying nothing. Instead she studied the body, where a blade of some sort had been sliced across the body.
    "Who did this?" Brix asked, tears in his eyes. Matala wasn't sure what to say. "You have to know," he oontinued, growing angry, "you have to find them, whoever did this can't get away with killing my son." Turning on Logan he began hitting out at her. Knowing that he was maddened with grief she just stood there, raising an arm to take the hits. After a few seconds Brix ran out of steam at the same time as the Selkath interceded. Matala waved them off, understanding how he must feel, only for him to collapse in her arms, crying and mentally exhausted. Because the whole scene beginning to get to her as well Matala gently pushed him aside, towards the Republic officers rather than the Selkath. They spoke to her in what seemed to be in protest, not knowing their language she couldn't tell, but she was defiant, the Republic would handle this as far as she was concerned and ignoring them she took a closer look at the body.
    "Now you see why we called you on this. Look." Lieutenant Schulio indicated the ugly wound. "Looks like it had been burned in rather than sliced." Matala figured she knew what that meant.
    "A lightsaber." She began to ponder the possibilities.
    "So we're looking at a Jedi or Sith." She dismissed the former idea out of hand, looking about the hanger. Despite repeated problems here there was no security about, no cameras or alarms to safeguard against such incidents.
    The idiots, she thought, angry at what happened. Still she kept her exterior calm.
    "Sith," she corrected. "You don't think a Jedi would do this?"
    "I don't know whether a Jedi would or not, but since you know about this sort of thing you might be able to help investigate." There was something in his voice that seemed to suggest her investigating would be dependent on whether or not she could be objective about the Jedi.
    "What motive though?" Matala wondered. "His name? Mando?" She paused for a moment. "Mandalorian?" No one would buy that explanation she knew, and was about to think of some other explanation when someone tried to contact Schulio over the commlink.
    "Lieutenant, I spoke to the hotel where the kid was staying, manager says he stayed with a Twi'lek woman, got the impression that she was hired to be with him." Matala heard this as well.
    "That wouldn't be something that would be allowed here," she mused, thinking of a possible lead. "On the Outer Rim, they still have slavery." She looked back at Mando, and at the grieving father. "Oh Force."

Tag: All

10. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    OOC: Am I supposed to get a tag from a faction leader or what?

11. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    OOC: Looks like nancyallen just hopped right in without a GM tag, but I don't know if that's allowed. Anyways, there still are a couple people (including me) who haven't gotten tagged in yet.

12. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    GM's OOC: Sorry everybody for the confusion - I'm still a n00b. [face_blush] It was my intention that when Dooku gave out his orders, that the other members of the Republic/Jedi, with the exception of the Senate and Chancellor, would be called upon to become part of the team. I neglected to mention that to Saint and I ask all your forgiveness and thank you for your patience. Anyone in the Republic military or the Jedi are all welcome on your first mission. And to answer another question, yes Grenn is the same from KotOR II, I'll be posting as an NPC when you guys arrive on Citadel Station to get this quest rolling.

And I'm sort of godmoding jediofdarkness because he said I should until he can get back online. But I'll be gentle. :D

IC - Senator Claris Fortein

As Senator Mepou spoke, Fortein went along with her for the time being, knowing she had her own agenda to complete but she would wait until the third, Senator Ghent arrived. "Would you like some tea, Senator, or something else while we wait?" she asked her guest.

Just then, her assistant opened the door and in stepped Senator Ghent. All three ladies greeted one another before sitting down. "I was just offering our colleague something to drink," Claris told the newcomer. "Would you like something while we discuss this matter?"

Tag: KELIA & jediofdarkness

Togoria

"What was the trouble with the guards?" The older one asked.

"They had to be paid to look the other way," the twilek answered with a grin. "Which means payment for transportation just went up fifty credits. Step this way gentlemen, there shouldn't be anymore problem." The way the twilek was grinning from ear to ear was unusual. Would it turn into something worthwhile... or a disaster. The authorities were very strict about people trying to leave their planet.

Tag: nicklityouaflame

Tag: All Jedi/Republic (seek out the Jedi going on the mission, or else, if you're a Republic officer, perhaps you're already on Citadel Station.

Tag: Nancyallen, your Matala Logan has a message waiting in her quarters on Manaan

13. Lauren_Solo

Lauren_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    OOC: Sorry about forgetting about the colors. [face_blush]

IC Aria Ardis

After filling a small bag with a change of robes and boots, Aria freshened up a bit before heading back toward the Council room. Master Moranti and Klempt were both still talking, so she went to the training room to blow off some steam. After a few exercises and some time with the practice blade, she saught out Lorya again.

?Why don?t you come to the hangar with me and we can both pick out a ship for this mission. It might get dangerous, so we?ll need something defensible, like that big freighter we have.?

Tag: Lily

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Alice-EA-3-2 (Alicia)
    On a ship, nearing to Kamino

If Alice's processors could register the emotion, she would be happy. Or perhaps, 'excited' as her master would say. She was on a ship, heading for Kamino. Her master had business there. Not that he would exactally tell her the true nature of such things. He might not even know, for these Sith were quite strange in such things.

But, her skills were useful, so she was afford some difference, as long as she did her job. And it had been awhile since she had left the compound. Her visual sensors turned to focus on the ships path, while her long metal body moved hummed, as she pulled in two of her arms. She didnt bother to ask any questions, for her brain could compute many more possibilities than he could. Not that it mattered. She would no doubt, find things to keep her occupied while her Master did, whatever it was he did. No, only her programmed duties, that she would perform, while he was busy. The Sith always had things to keep her busy. She tucked into her pod, as they received a signal that they were arriving in Kamino.

TAG

15. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya Yubari
    Chancellor's Office

"Before we get down to business let me welcome you, and please don't hesitate to ask anything that might be troubling you"

"It is an honour to serve under you Chancellor, and I find the likelihood of me needing to ask a question very minimal. If I did I would worry about my ability to serve you." Maya replied, her assurance in her own ability not sounding arrogant, but merely secure. "I trust you have been informed of the extent of my ability but also of my self imposed regulations."

While Maya talked she "looked" around the room, though obviously not with her eyes. She felt out with the force and took in the majesty of her surroundings, the room looked timeless.

But everything must end.

tag: Pullus

16. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: And just in case it's not apparent, it's only Dooku who is blind, not anyone else. I think I can see what in my post caused that impression, and I do apologise... :)

17. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    IC:Chancellor Ogusto Janor
    Chancellor's Office, Corucant

"It is an honour to serve under you Chancellor, and I find the likelihood of me needing to ask a question very minimal. If I did I would worry about my ability to serve you." Maya replied, her assurance in her own ability not sounding arrogant, but merely secure. "I trust you have been informed of the extent of my ability but also of my self imposed regulations."

A small nod was the only indication given that Ogusto had heard Maya's reply, and a small smile lined his aged lips while a gleam twinkled within his eyes. He indeed had been very interested to hear of his new aide's personal history, and the fact that she was a Force sensitive, ex-jedi only benefitted him more for she would be able to access certain information more discreetly then anyone else in his service. Clearing his throat momentarily the chancellor noticed Maya observing his office, and for a brief moment some of the darker secrets the room possessed flashed through his mind. Quickly regain control over his thoughts the ex military officer calmed himself, and turned his attention back to the issue at hand.

"I'm indeed very pleased that you are working directly with us, and I don't have any doubt in my mind that you will perform excellently", Ogusto answered soothingly as the matter at hand was now ready to be discussed though after many years in the politcal realm discression was always of the uptmost importance. "Though your track record is very detailed I was wondering how is your background in regards to politics.........have you any extensive experience working with the senate or any form of government"? he posed the question intently not remembering in any instant where Maya's background information suggested anything in regards to political manuveurings.

Tags:Darth Joesha

18. JANGOANTILLES

JANGOANTILLES Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    IC: Commander Rast

Only Rast's eyes shifted to watch as the Quarren was suddenly caught up in the Force and throttled. The rest of him remained still and impassive as he continued to stand at attention, head held high and facing straight ahead. The crazy fool, he thought.

Disinterestedly, he wondered to himself if Vile was going to die right then and there just before Lord Shadra decided to show his mercy. Scenes such as this caused many officers to tremble in their uniforms anytime they were in the presence of a Sith lord. But Rast had long since grown accustomed to it. After all, he knew the Sith weren't looking for his fear, they were looking for his commitment. And so long as Rast accomplished his duties and knew his place, he felt quite secure, even in the midst of men as dangerous and powerful as Darth Shadra himself.

With their assignment now clear, the two bickering Sith left the chambers. Rast knew he had to see to his own preparations.

"My lord," he nodded, before turning to the man beside him. "Admiral."

Exiting down the corridor, Rast spied Governor Hulnare, who, fortunately, seemed too involved with a young woman to notice him.

Lord Shadra had made it quite clear that the secrecy of this mission was paramount. Even the Governor wasn't to know. Perhaps Shadra even suspected the man himself with being involved with the mysterious disappearances. The disturbing thing about them remained the lack of suspects. There were even reports now of similar incidents in the Republic. And Rast knew well that his teams weren't behind them...

Looks like its finally time to get in gear and find out just what the hell is going on, then.

Tag: Any

19. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Just a quick bridge for any Jedi waiting around to come in. Also, can I just publicly check that Blemelisk has a start for his character so I can address it, if needed?

The Jedi Order

The Jedi Council Chambers,
    Telos IV

Dooku smiled at Jerad Dorn's enthusiasm to join the conversation. Many young knights were like that; especially now, as the Order was slowly being reformed.
    "I imagine that will be a good way to start, Knight Dorn," said Dooku kindly. "Having said that, it will be for Master Sek'kas to determine what activities your team will carry out there."

The Master turned in the chair towards Master Sek'kas, leaning his hands on the chair's armrests. He hadn't missed the amused tone behind Dash's addressing him as Master; in private company he wouldn't have been nearly so proper and correct. On the other hand, this was probably Dash's first trip out in command for some time, so perhaps he was simply trying to observe the courtesies for the benefit of the Jedi he'd be commanding. "As to who you should be taking along, I had in mind two in particular. Knight Casim Terino, and Knight Petaya Jameson. You'll recall Jameson's just been knighted."

The Master's ears picked up a subtle echoing in the passageway outside, and he smiled beneath the black line of his blindfolf. "In fact, I believe that would be them now."

Dooku turned towards the entryway. He'd also summoned these two, and again their footsteps gave away things about them.

Casim Terino's steps were quite the contrast to Dash Sek'kas. Where Dooku's old friend was light on his feet for someone of his size, Terino's steps were much more in tune with someone approximating Sek'kas's stature. And in that long, ground-eating stride was a suggestion of heaviness on the right foot in particular.
    The sure mark of a Djem So -- Form V -- stylist, where the right foot anchored many of the powerful strikes therein.

Petaya Jameson's footsteps were similarly purposeful, but they still sounded different; where Terino's steps suggested resolute force, Jameson's stride was all purposeful elegance; the stride of someone who knew where to put her feet for maximum efficiency. Which fit with her file as a decent practitioner of Makashi and Ataro, but also her preference for Form Zero as well.

"Knights Terino and Jameson. Welcome. If you haven't already met them, please meet Master Dash Sek'kas and Knight Jerad Dorn. You'll be teamed with them on your assignment to Citadel Station."

Dooku quickly ran through the overall details for the two new arrivals again, and sat back, waiting to see if any of them had questions.

TAG: Hammurabi, Jango10, nancyallen, MandalorianLegecy

20. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    OOC: I do not have a start yet, Saintheart. I don't know if I was supposed to start my character on my own or what, sorry for being thick if I have indeed missed something.

21. Sith9211

Sith9211 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2003
    IC: Admiral Kaos Vynn

Vynn stood stock still and watched impassively as the impulsive apprentice was disciplined. His long years in the service of the Sith Empire had taught him that it was wise to keep your mouth shut when in the presence of your superiors unless your input was implicitly requested. Even then it was wise to tread lightly and tell them what they wanted to hear, mostly. This show of blatant disrespect and insubordination to a Sith master was bad enough, but to do so in front of Darth Shadra was unforgivable. If it wasn't for the fact that this task required his involvement, this apprentice, this Vile, would be dead.

Once this little argument had ended, he left, bowing to Darth Shadra and nodding curtly to Commander Rast. He strode from the chamber with long, purposeful strides. He moved with the confidence born from a lifetime at the helm of a Sith Dreadnought. He walked past the Governor, who was too wrapped up in his petty conquest to notice him. Vynn had always seen the governor as a glorified steward. He knew that Shadra had the final say in things. As he moved within earshot of the man, he hissed,

"Don't you have anything better to do, Governor?"

Without breaking his gait, he continued on, going to see to his preparations. While this mission wasn't his usual thing, he planned to execute his given role expertly. Darth Shadra would see once again why he was the top man in the Sith Navy. He had served the Empire loyally for some 18 years, and he didn't plan to stop until he died.

TAG: Sith

22. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Of Ishkit in Caross on Togoria

Ishkit instinctively showed some of his sc?rath, pulling back the scabbard a tad. He reached out, touching Olzgaf?s shoulder. The older Togorian nodded, and moved into the open cautiously. Against his better judgment, Ishkit followed, even slower.

His eyes couldn?t shake the sight of the grin on the Twi'lek's face. Ishkit was sure that it was a bad omen. He could feel it in his paws, but he followed Olzgaf, nonetheless. As he was creeping along, he glanced around suspiciously, watching every crevice for a sign.

Tag - Brentus

23. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Governer Exemplar Gregor Hulnare

"So, my dear, are you interested? I can make a very pleasing life for you, you know." Gregor could tell he was getting close. She, of course, looked slightly abhorred, but he could see the greed glistening in her eyes as well. She certainly would not mind the benefits he offered... it was merely what she would have to do with Gregor to get them that still unnerved him. Gregor could never understand this, as he had been told he was an attractive man. Perhaps women simply found him intimidating. Certainly, his position warranted it. Just then, his little meeting was interrupted by a hardly vocalized voice.

"Don't you have anything better to do, Governor?"

Gregor looked over at the passing man for only a moment, but it was enough for the young girl to make up her mind and slip away, running as fast as she could. Gregor cursed under his breath. His plan was ruined. She'd never come within twenty feet of him again. He watched after her as she ran away. She certainly was beautiful. She dropped her datapad, but didn't stop to pick it up. Pity she didn't drop more than that. Gregor found himself thinking. He then turned to look at the back of the man that had so rudely ruined his plans for the future.

He noticed that it was Admiral Kaos Vynn. He sneered at the man's back. How dare he interrupt like that? Such a rude comment.... and then running away as he did? Gregor found himself calling after the man. "I see, run away. Make your accusations and leave. You fleet people are always like that, aren't you?" He then paused a moment to see if he would get any response.

TAG: Sith9211, Sith

24. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    ?Why don?t you come to the hangar with me and we can both pick out a ship for this mission. It might get dangerous, so we?ll need something defensible, like that big freighter we have.?

Jorya looked to to see Master Aria, and she nodded. "That sounds like a good idea to me."

They moved down to the hangar bay and Jorya walked down the row of transports with a keen eye. She was looking for one that would be fairly manuverable as well as have some weaponry of some kind. Seeing a slim starfighter that could accomodate them, she called Master Aria over.

"How about this one?"

TAG: Lauren_Solo

25. Lauren_Solo

Lauren_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    IC - Aria Ardis

"How about this one?" Jorya asked.

Aria looked over the youth?s choice, while remembering her own brash youth. She saw a lot of herself in Jorya, which wasn?t a bad thing at all. Aria reached over and put her arm around Jorya, pulling her close.

?This ship is fast, sleek and has some powerful weapons.? She nodded approvingly. ?Great choice, padawan. Let?s get our gear loaded.? She smiled.

?Now we have to wait for those pesky men to finish talking. Men,? she rolled her eyes, ?always talking when there?s work to be done.? She winked at Jorya and giggled slightly.

Tag: Lily, Trimaj, pesky men ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.